Prime 1 Big Game Predator 1/4 (comics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be pretty disappointed if I brought this, whilst the sculpt is decent, the paint job and base is pretty average.

On a positive note, the jungle hunter and city hunter (like the fugitive pred) is based on movies, so maybe it was easier to replicate and paint the fugitive pred (just go off the films) and their approach might be similar with these two. Big game predator probably relied more on concept and imagination which is somewhat open to interpretation from the comics.

They just need to pull off what they did with fugitive pred and it'll be a home run for P1 and collectors.

I'd say that the reason why the quality of the Big Game Comic Predator isn't as good as the Fugitive Predator, is because it's based on the comics, not the movies, as the Fugitive Predator looks great[ shame the movie sucked :slap ], so hopefully the Jungle and City Hunter Predators will of the same quality as the Fugitive Predator......:)

Looks good to me? The lighting is high florescent vs the pics on their site. I'm not saying that P1 couldn't learn a bit of black washing and dry brushing however.

Yeah that paint job really isn't doing this any favors...

The skulls look like ass. They are badly painted. Is it me guys or Prime 1 starting to lost their mojo? Lots of product looks far away from the prototypes nowdays.

I think the whole thing is badly painted. That's why I stopped with Prime one. But I have the jungle hunter on order. So, I hope they don't mess that up. If they do, damn I will be bummed.

Unusual that P1 would pack such a large base in with the statue itself, as P1 usually package statues that come with large bases in 2 large boxes.......:)

Waiting for more reviews from other who recieve this

Paint job could be better but at least its got good presence, looks quite big for a 1/4.

I wouldn't say it's Neca levels. I mean it doesn't look as good as the prototype which is definitely a shame. But I still think it's a nice looking statue.

Does anyone know the size dimentions for the box for the Big Game 1/4 Comic Predator?

25.5 kgs. The statue is 20kgs it's like a boulder of polystone.

That's a good chunk of weight for a statue! I'm okay not having this, but at the same time I do hope I see a good deal for it one day as I wouldn't mind having one despite it not being their best factory work.

Back