Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I find it laughable that someone would even fathom to argue a Sideshow product coming close to being on the same level of quality as a Prime 1 piece in the first place. [emoji51][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Really no comparison. And to think, for a split second I actually asked myself if I could live with the issues like the armor and mandibles etc. because SS had me conditioned to believe this may be my last chance at a Predator for many years. Had it been 7-800$, There is a 47% chance I would be burdened with the task of dumping it at a loss right about now.
Man, I feel like I really dodged a plasma blast on that one.

Really no comparison. And to think, for a split second I actually asked myself if I could live with the issues like the armor and mandibles etc. because SS had me conditioned to believe this may be my last chance at a Predator for many years. Had it been 7-800$, There is a 47% chance I would be burdened with the task of dumping it at a loss right about now.
Man, I feel like I really dodged a plasma blast on that one.

Exactly. Not dropping that kind of cash on SS subpar work. Of course there will be your average SS apologists who will circle jerk each other praising SS, but that's pretty much just because they dont want to admit their "grail" just dropped to number two. But the truth is Prime 1 wipes its ass with SS hands down. Especially that deluxe with skinned carcass. Fact.

Cant. Friggin. Wait. Prime 1 ain't messin around.
[emoji817][emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]

Last edited:
You guys left out the most serious little issue with this piece. Forget the armor that's slightly off or the molded together mandibles, totally livable with for me but what about the LEANING! What are the chances you're going to get one that leans? I've never gotten around to displaying mine but it's pretty heavy and it already has a bit of a lean.

Exactly. Not dropping that kind of cash on SS subpar work. Of course there will be your average SS apologists who will circle jerk each other praising SS, but that's pretty much just because they dont want to admit their "grail" just dropped to number two. But the truth is Prime 1 wipes its ass with SS hands down. Especially that deluxe with skinned carcass. Fact.

Cant. Friggin. Wait. Prime 1 ain't messin around.
[emoji817][emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]

:rolleyes2 Anyone who doesn't know the difference between the SS Predator Jungle Hunter & the SS The Predator maquette has no credibility. Fact.

tumblr_p8w7yosZBT1u2ragso2_500.gif

69009728_2484687598244534_7833703937663303680_o.jpg

Man this does look impressive as hell, especially with all that detail around the base. He does seem a little too thick and bulky for the P1 Predator, especially if you imagine him standing up, but I guess it's supposed to be a slightly more stylized comic book version or something. It still works really well though.

I gotta say, right now I'm finding myself much more impressed and tempted by things like this, Alita, and the 1/2 Endo than any of the HT figures I have on order. So maybe it's time to cut back on 1/6 and get into statues instead...

You guys left out the most serious little issue with this piece. Forget the armor that's slightly off or the molded together mandibles, totally livable with for me but what about the LEANING! What are the chances you're going to get one that leans? I've never gotten around to displaying mine but it's pretty heavy and it already has a bit of a lean.
I was looking at photos the other day of a prime 1 batman with terrible lean issues and prime 1 were apparently doing nothing about it. If that happened to this for the price I'd be seriously pissed off and want my money back. I really hope that doesn't happen!

What statue are you referring to when you say yours is heavy?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes, the lean does not discriminate.
Every company is at risk of a lean if not properly engineered.
It should be a no questions asked refund / recall.

At least this one has a compact pose that doesn't look to be at risk.

I was looking at photos the other day of a prime 1 batman with terrible lean issues and prime 1 were apparently doing nothing about it. If that happened to this for the price I'd be seriously pissed off and want my money back. I really hope that doesn't happen!

What statue are you referring to when you say yours is heavy?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Wow, first time hearing of a Prime 1 piece with lean issues. I'm talking about the relatively recent Sideshow maquette with the misplaced right leg armor and molded together closed mandibles.

Yes, the lean does not discriminate.
Every company is at risk of a lean if not properly engineered.
It should be a no questions asked refund / recall.

At least this one has a compact pose that doesn't look to be at risk.

We know Sideshow though, they make a 10 pound statue then pose it at a weird 45 degree angle, basic physics 101 right? It's a question of time before you find it on the ground in pieces.

Last edited:
:rolleyes2 Anyone who doesn't know the difference between the SS Predator Jungle Hunter & the SS The Predator maquette has no credibility. Fact.
[emoji23][emoji2957][emoji23][emoji2957][emoji23][emoji2957][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2957]
"You're a funny guy, Sully. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

Pssst... I know the difference. They are both lacking. ;) hardly "grail" material here.
Fact.

Prime 1 on the other hand...

Last edited:
[emoji23][emoji2957][emoji23][emoji2957][emoji23][emoji2957][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2957]
"You're a funny guy, Sully. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

Pssst... I know the difference. They are both lacking. ;) hardly "grail" material here.
Fact.

Prime 1 on the other hand...

Let me break it down for you since your ignorance knows no bounds....the 2009 Stan Winston Studios designed Maquette is as movie accurate as you can get. If you see something “lacking” in that sculpt, point it out....I won’t be holding my breath :lol

Do yourself a favor and scroll back thru this thread and review the photos comparing the P1 Mask to the movie. The Stan Winston Studios SS EX Maquette Mask is practically movie perfect and incorporates a light up feature that is just the cherry on top. If you still don’t see the issues with the P1, then your ignorance will have been verified. :lol

Never owned a P1 piece but sold my Pred Maquette last year and I can't wait to own this one. Will it be up on Sideshow or will this be like the Raptor Blue from Jurassic World?

Never owned a P1 piece but sold my Pred Maquette last year and I can't wait to own this one. Will it be up on Sideshow or will this be like the Raptor Blue from Jurassic World?
Smart move. [emoji1303][emoji1303] unlike some folks holding onto the past. [emoji38][emoji1787][emoji38]

If you see something ?lacking? in that sculpt, point it out....I won?t be holding my breath :lol
Plasma Castor is too big.

This piece is very nice but will never have the SW pedigree that comes with the SS Maquette.
Nothing will beat it imo but that's my opinion and I'm happy if others think differently.

Maybe you should calm down and respect opinions shared by others...

Back