Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me break it down for you since your ignorance knows no bounds....the 2009 Stan Winston Studios designed Maquette is as movie accurate as you can get. If you see something ?lacking? in that sculpt, point it out....I won?t be holding my breath :lol

The Plasma caster IS too large. The tubing that links his chest and shoulder armour is oversized and the teeth on the unmasked head are a littler blunt. Nothing is perfect. There are plenty of us here whom agree that the SWS maquette is still up there as the best Predator statue to date, for many reasons including it's pedigree and it's laser scanned accurate mask and armour etc. Col is one of these people and didn't quite deserve the reaction he got. This thread has been entirely derailed by two plonkers going back and forth and achieving nothing.

Okay, Freaks, stop trolling each other and have some respect for other's opinion. Your opinion(s) are not fact. They're just opinions.

I'm looking at you, FreakyGuy.

From the board's CoC:

Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else's mind. Think about how your post comes across to readers and be mindful of how you'd like others to respond before you post.

Thread cleaned.

Next time I see a reported post from this thread I'll make like it's Halloween and hand out infractions like they're candy. You've been warned.

Thread reopened. Play nice.

With PO just around the corner I think there will be plenty of things to discuss and many happy collectors, myself included.

And my apologies for being sucked into the negativity, moving on!

Okay, Freaks, stop trolling each other and have some respect for other's opinion. Your opinion(s) are not fact. They're just opinions.

I'm looking at you, FreakyGuy.

From the board's CoC:

Thread cleaned.

Next time I see a reported post from this thread I'll make like it's Halloween and hand out infractions like they're candy. You've been warned.

Thread reopened. Play nice.

Just to be clear when anyone posts a statement without qualifying that it is an opinion they will get reported...got it.

It is a fact that prime 1 has stated that this Predator is based on the Comic—not the movie. Hopefully that explains why the mask is not movie-accurate as I’ve been posting from the beginning. Cheers!

Man, part of me is glad I can't tend to spot or be paticularly bothered about the exact inaccuracies. When I look at this thing personally I see what I see in the movie, much more so than I do in the SS maquette. I think it has a lot more swagger and personality to it. As much as I love the maquette I know if these were released together I'd have gone for this. The SWS element will always make that statue special though. The best way is to own the pair!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Man, part of me is glad I can't tend to spot or be paticularly bothered about the exact inaccuracies. When I look at this thing personally I see what I see in the movie, much more so than I do in the SS maquette. I think it has a lot more swagger and personality to it. As much as I love the maquette I know if these were released together I'd have gone for this. The SWS element will always make that statue special though. The best way is to own the pair!

Since Statues rarely have photo realistic paint apps, sculpt accuracy is a moot point. I'm more finicky about movie accuracy and realism at the 1:6 scale.

But I agree. Had the SWS and the P1 came out at the same time, I'd still be going with the P1.
Pose [emoji818]
Paint [emoji818]
Overall presentation [emoji818]
More to offer [emoji818]

It hits all the ticks for me. Especially with that Deluxe it's going to be an epic Jungle Hunter presentation that is going to be REALLY hard to beat in the future.

For me this is how I'd rate them going forward:

[emoji966]Prime 1 Deluxe
[emoji1627]Cinemaquette
[emoji1626]SWS SS Maquette

Prime-1-Jungle-Hunter-Predator-003.jpgimg_3035.jpgsample_01.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! It was an incredible moment to get to meet him. He was super nice. A gem. RIP.
It's certainly a convenient fall back.
Thought I read somewhere or maybe in a video someone made a comment about the mask and Prime 1 said they were aware and that they didn't have enough time before the show to fix it, but a fix was coming. [emoji482][emoji482][emoji2369]

Thanks! It was an incredible moment to get to meet him. He was super nice. A gem. RIP.
Thought I read somewhere or maybe in a video someone made a comment about the mask and Prime 1 said they were aware and that they didn't have enough time before the show to fix it, but a fix was coming. [emoji482][emoji482][emoji2369]

Might have been regarding a specific flaw? Not sure tbh. But the official word is that the mask is how they intended, which is fine, it's still good. But it is a weaker point in a staggeringly good statue otherwise for me. I'll still be getting one all the same. If they do decide to improve the mask, then that will be a bonus. There's lots to like here.

Might have been regarding a specific flaw? Not sure tbh. But the official word is that the mask is how they intended, which is fine, it's still good. But it is a weaker point in a staggeringly good statue otherwise for me. I'll still be getting one all the same. If they do decide to improve the mask, then that will be a bonus. There's lots to like here.
I likely wont be displaying with the mask anyways. The open and closed mandibles will get swapped out here and there.

Shame because it is a nice piece other than the mask and without the mask it falls short of the SWS EX because as it stands, the SWS EX REMAINS THE ONLY STATUE WITH BOTH a movie-accurate profile AND mask...also not a fan of the jungle diorama as it gives it a gi joe action figure vibe.

What time will this go up for PO at Sideshow tomorrow?
I thought I heard something about SS not being a Prime 1 distributor any longer. Regardless I'm ordering straight from P1. After SS recent ******** embargo on custom figures I stopped supporting and ordering through them anyway. Just have my remaining preorders through them (I didnt want to eat the NRD) but otherwise I'm ordering my stuff through TNS or straight from the company themselves like Prime 1.

What time will this go up for PO at Sideshow tomorrow?

Not even sure Sideshow will carry this. They haven't taken preorders for new Prime 1 products in months. For now, Secret Compass will be the US-based option. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they offer payment plans. I wonder what the average shipping charge is for a North American customer ordering direct...

Secret Compass emailed me back yesterday indicating this will go up within the next 24-48 hours and will be matching P1's MSRP. Unclear on shipping but I would imagine it would be cheaper than P1 for those in the US. Unfortunately I'm anticipating we would get these in hand several months after those who order direct. I'm basing this on Chronicle who has yet to receieve the JW Blue statues.

Started the checkout process for an in-stock item on Prime 1's website to get an idea of postage. Shipping the Hush Batman to Oregon in 1-3 weeks costs $500. For a different statue that's slightly taller but less wide, the cost is $300. There's a 1-3 month economy option, but it's "temporarily unavailable." Maybe Hush comes in two boxes and that's the reason for the higher cost, but the numbers aren't pretty either way.

Secret Compass estimates less than $100 for shipping Prime 1-sized pieces. Looking at their pre-order FAQ, it may be possible to make advance payments toward a pre-order as well. Guess I'm going with them.

Started the checkout process for an in-stock item on Prime 1's website to get an idea of postage. Shipping the Hush Batman to Oregon in 1-3 weeks costs $500. For a different statue that's slightly taller but less wide, the cost is $300. There's a 1-3 month economy option, but it's "temporarily unavailable." Maybe Hush comes in two boxes and that's the reason for the higher cost, but the numbers aren't pretty either way.

Secret Compass estimates less than $100 for shipping Prime 1-sized pieces. Looking at their pre-order FAQ, it may be possible to make advance payments toward a pre-order as well. Guess I'm going with them.

Yea P1's economy shipping has been a mess lately. Not sure when it will get fixed. A month ago, I tested with the city hunter and 1st big game pred and they were roughly $96-117 for economy to California.

Back