Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hope it will stay around 1200...2000 is way too much...I won't be spending that much money for this...especially considering the City hunter and the Comic predators...they have to stay in this price range. Otherwise it does not really make any sense.

Given that the Prime 1 Dog Alien regular edition costs $1500, and the deluxe with one extra head costs $1700, I think this coming in at less than $1500 is a pipe dream, unfortunately. I fully expect the complete version of this to be $2000ish.

Given that the Prime 1 Dog Alien regular edition costs $1500, and the deluxe with one extra head costs $1700, I think this coming in at less than $1500 is a pipe dream, unfortunately. I fully expect the complete version of this to be $2000ish.

That piece is 1/3 scale, so isn't really comparable.

I'm sold on this. Need to rearrange my overcrowded display shelf again arghhhh.

Something looks a little off, I've been staring at it and I can't put my finger on it. I think it's the cheek area that is a little wide. Although the exaggerated texture and sculpted damage isn't helping. It's passable for sure however. It's is way better than anything else statue wise other than the SWS maquette which was pretty much perfect..

You are correct. The best mask was the SS Predator Maquette EX that they did with Stan Winston (RIP), which included a light-up Laser.
D0B90EA2-6F2D-4B65-BE95-5DD42B54AF78.jpeg

You are correct. The best mask was the SS Predator Maquette EX that they did with Stan Winston (RIP), which included a light-up Laser.
View attachment 464596

I hate to say this but I think this prime one predator looks better than ss maquette. I own the ss maquette, but this looks sick. Don't get me wrong the ss one is great but I like everything about this statue from what I see. I don't see what you guys are I see the mask looking perfect almost identical to the movie. But then again every one is different. Peace!

I hate to say this but I think this prime one predator looks better than ss maquette. I own the ss maquette, but this looks sick. Don't get me wrong the ss one is great but I like everything about this statue from what I see. I don't see what you guys are I see the mask looking perfect almost identical to the movie. But then again every one is different. Peace!

It should look better, that guy was made 15 years ago but still holds up.

You own the EX? I highly doubt it. Post a pic....

The best looking Predator 1 masks seen personally are the one on the SS maquette Ex. and then the lifesize piece done by HCG IMO and signed by Stan Winston in 2008 or so. Most of the other P1 masks I've seen seem like just generic predator masks, too wide and fat, too round etc. like this one. Statue is awesome though, unmasked head looks good.

You can make a case for this looking better than the SWS maquette over all and you'd have a very valid case (I'm not sold on that yet) But the mask on the SWS is infinitely superior. Prime 1's is decent, but it could certainly benefit from some improvements. It is slightly too wide in parts, the texture and damage is entirely made up which alters the overall look and the lenses are completely incorrect and inferior to the much older SWS version which made the effort of adding separate lenses from the rear. They also gave the guardian mask a mesh lens which is incorrect, it was altered to that when it was eventually used in Predator 2, but it should be a shiny black plastic. I actually sent P1 a fairly detailed email with a few suggestions and loads of pictures. Their reply was essentially that there were different masks made (there wasn't any that look more like Prime 1's as far as I know) and that this is a comic version (It very clearly isn't) so I doubt it will change. Some may say it's a nitpick, and it might well be, but I have the EX SWS maquette sat next to me, and those lenses make a huge difference imo, it's dark and they are still shining away making it look alive. Well worth the added effort given how much Prime 1 has already put into this. Although they are too light a silver even on the SWS....

dbqNXPW.jpg

SXuI0ag.jpg

bbK5m4X.png

You own the EX? I highly doubt it. Post a pic....

God some pple these days, wtf would I say it if I did not own it? Mask is in the box because I don't use it. The site is having issues right now says I don't have permission to perform this action for some reason. I will keep trying but believe what ever you want. But I am not going to say something if I don't own the statue.
IUIZ9653.jpg

God some pple these days, wtf would I say it if I did not own it? Mask is in the box because I don't use it. The site is having issues right now says I don't have permission to perform this action for some reason. I will keep trying but believe what ever you want. But I am not going to say something if I don't own the statue.
View attachment 464726

You clearly photoshopped this pic to make it look like you own statues. Dont know why you would go through all the trouble. :wink1:

(nice collection BTW)

So Secret Compass is now an official Prime 1 retailer. Shipping out of Colorado with no CA sales tax so that's a plus. However, no exclusives but they are carrying DX versions. They've been adding quite a bit of P1 products in the last couple of days.

Back