Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Personally I was a little perturbed about the switch to 1/4 but it's actually better for me. A true 1/3 would have just been too massive for me. Hell I had to pass on the dog alien due to the base size and the CP big chap would just barely go over my display area. At this scale I would be able to pair this with their future offerings better I think.

The biggest question for me is - will PRIME1 be able to surpass the accuracy level of Sadshows 2017 piece - for example - the amount of effort they put into things like the leg armour, the unmasked face, the masked head, the spine, the canon stanchion, the leather pouch . . .

(* Who am I kidding - it'll be like comparing "The Predator" (2018) to "Predator" (1987) . . . :) *)​

The biggest question for me is - will PRIME1 be able to surpass the accuracy level of Sadshows 2017 piece - for example - the amount of effort they put into things like the leg armour, the unmasked face, the masked head, the spine, the canon stanchion, the leather pouch . . .

(* Who am I kidding - it'll be like comparing "The Predator" (2018) to "Predator" (1987) . . . :) *)​

I would imagine Prime 1 will at least be open to customer feedback, whereas SS has the F off mentality and defaults to artist's interpretation.

I mean Sideshow attached the thigh armor in the wrong place and stated they wouldn't change anything despite it being called out numerous times. Don't think Prime 1 would be this stupid.

And it was stupid. There's no other word for it. I'm not pulling punches on the company that monopolized the high-end Alien and Predator market for so many years with only crap to show for it. Good riddance to them. They can learn how it's done from the bench.

atleast prime 1 will most likely put in a light up feature unlike SS who dropped the ball on that one

atleast prime 1 will most likely put in a light up feature unlike SS who dropped the ball on that one

This isn't really a concern, these fail anyway, my SWS maquettes tri laser doesn't work any longer, but I doubt I'd have used it anyway. If I could influence Prime 1 in any way, I'd say pick your pose, and then concentrate 100% on bringing this guy to life as accurately as humanly possible. I'd enquiring to see if those SWS armour and bio mask scans are still available and usable.

Jungle Hunter...eh? Along side with City Hunter! These names are pathetic.

Why not just call the piece Prime 1 1/4 Scale Predator (1987)

Are we gonna call the AVP Predators the Arctic Hunters? How about Pyramid Hunters?

How about the gigantic ultimate Predator in the New one...is that a Small Town Hunter Predator...you see where I'm getting?

This isn't really a concern, these fail anyway, my SWS maquettes tri laser doesn't work any longer, but I doubt I'd have used it anyway. If I could influence Prime 1 in any way, I'd say pick your pose, and then concentrate 100% on bringing this guy to life as accurately as humanly possible. I'd enquiring to see if those SWS armour and bio mask scans are still available and usable.

I like that the LED feature is there, but personally I'd never use it (and don't on anything else that lights up).

I'm think I'm gonna pass on this and hold out for the Suburb Hunter.

Agreed.

Jungle Hunter...eh? Along side with City Hunter! These names are pathetic.

Why not just call the piece Prime 1 1/4 Scale Predator (1987)

Are we gonna call the AVP Predators the Arctic Hunters? How about Pyramid Hunters?

How about the gigantic ultimate Predator in the New one...is that a Small Town Hunter Predator...you see where I'm getting?

No, because they were given individual names (Celtic, Chopper & Scar) The P1 & P2 weren't given this luxury. And calling this the P1 maquette may get confusing as it's being produced by P1. Jungle and City hunter may not be great names, but it is an accurate description, and one that all Predator fans recognise. Havn't seen the new movie yet, but crappy looking CGI monstrosity might be apt...

No, because they were given individual names (Celtic, Chopper & Scar) The P1 & P2 weren't given this luxury. And calling this the P1 maquette may get confusing as it's being produced by P1. Jungle and City hunter may not be great names, but it is an accurate description, and one that all Predator fans recognise. Havn't seen the new movie yet, but crappy looking CGI monstrosity might be apt...

1987 is not confusing. Don't play dumb dude. Predator and Predator 2, it's quite simple.

It's a stupid description and the kids new to the franchise have adopted these names like they are the actual names of the character. It's a slap in the face to two of the COOLEST monsters in this history of cinema to call them Jungle Hunter & City Hunter. I will NEVER adopt this names...if you do...good for you, that is your choice but it's just stupid.

Anyone that calls the 1987 Predator as Jungle Hunter is a goof ball in my opinion. Anyone that knows Predator isn't going to say, man Jungle Hunter is my favorite...closely followed by City Hunter. They will say P1 closely followed by P2, but this is 2018 soon to be 2019, everything is getting stupider every year.

Don't be a follower Python, it's not a good look. See the movie before you make your judgments. The CGI was decent, definitely not the best ever. The BIG predator was the MEANEST - NASTIEST Predator that has ever graced the silver screen and I LOVED EVERY SECOND he was on the screen. Jumping on the band wagon on how stupid-looking the big Predator was before seeing it for yourself, shows you are easily led...hence the reason you're defending the goofball names of Jungle Hunter and City Hunter for the Classic Stan Winston Predators.

Nothing more to say really.

IIRC, NECA started that naming trend a while back. I don't care for them as NECA's names/backstories have always seemed like poorly-written fan fiction to me. Hot Toys contributed as well, renaming several of the Lost Hunters.

Thing is: so many fans and manufacturers have adopted the names that if you want people to know what you're talking about outside of die-hard circles, you pretty much have to use them. It's a pragmatic move. That and there's no reason to come at it from a snobbish, emotional standpoint, which you can tell Bezzerkerr is doing because he mentions "kids" and "2018" every chance he gets. He makes it sound like he's advocating independent thought when his argument pretty much boils down to "get off my lawn."

Jumping on the band wagon on how stupid-looking the big Predator was before seeing it for yourself, shows you are easily led...hence the reason you're defending the goofball names of Jungle Hunter and City Hunter for the Classic Stan Winston Predators.

And this is just nonsensical. Point A has nothing to do with point B here.

1987 is not confusing.

Python said P1 would be confusing. Didn't mention 1987. Do you even know what you're arguing about?

if you do...good for you, that is your choice but it's just stupid.

The same can be said for your enjoyment of the new film and/or Assassin Predator. Glass house, dude.

Last edited:

IIRC, NECA started that naming trend a while back. I don't care for them as NECA's names/backstories have always seemed like poorly-written fan fiction to me. Hot Toys contributed as well, renaming several of the Lost Hunters.

Thing is: so many fans and manufacturers have adopted the names that if you want people to know what you're talking about outside of die-hard circles, you pretty much have to use them. It's a pragmatic move. That and there's no reason to come at it from a snobbish, emotional standpoint, which you can tell Bezzerkerr is doing because he mentions "kids" and "2018" every chance he gets. He makes it sound like he's advocating independent thought when his argument pretty much boils down to "get off my lawn."

And this is just nonsensical. Point A has nothing to do with point B here.

Python said P1 would be confusing. Didn't mention 1987. Do you even know what you're arguing about?

The same can be said for your enjoyment of the new film and/or Assassin Predator. Glass house, dude.

you're damn right I'm being a snob, this is THE Stan Winston Predators we're talking about...not the Scar or celtic or other loser Preds...this is THE PREDATORS. Roll with it or get rolled over. If you need to distinguish them by giving them environmental pet names, do what ever makes you happy. :slap

Erroneous. His opinion on how bad the Big Predator looks isn't from his first hand experience by viewing the film, it's based on the opinions of others that have emphatically shared their point of view. So he is accepting another's point of view and adopting this belief because it's what others have said, an opinion that appears to be the popular one. Similar to the new trend of calling the 1987 SWS Predator the new nickname of "Jungle Hunter", everyone is doing it...so I guess that's what we should call him now...right? :slap

Your defense of Python is commendable, but you're taking his words too literally, and you yourself are starting to look silly. by P1 he means Predator 1. No company has EVER called a Predator 1 product "P1". So by him saying they cannot call this statue P1 made by Prime 1 because it would be too confusing...is IDIOTIC on many levels, he's reaching...and you are reaching further by backing him up. You guys are smart than this please don't play dumb to help prove your or his point. The point is a ridiculous attempt to justify calling this piece Jungle Hunter :lol

I stand by my opinion as a Predator fan that there were the VERY BEST Predator sequences in this film since the 1990 Predator 2 or City Hunter (as you guys call him). I'm not gonna act like the film wasn't without it's faults...there were many bogus sequences, plot holes and things that happened that made me :slap But again, as a whole this film was the best Predator film since the Predator 2.

1987 is not confusing. Don't play dumb dude. Predator and Predator 2, it's quite simple.

It's a stupid description and the kids new to the franchise have adopted these names like they are the actual names of the character. It's a slap in the face to two of the COOLEST monsters in this history of cinema to call them Jungle Hunter & City Hunter. I will NEVER adopt this names...if you do...good for you, that is your choice but it's just stupid.

Anyone that calls the 1987 Predator as Jungle Hunter is a goof ball in my opinion. Anyone that knows Predator isn't going to say, man Jungle Hunter is my favorite...closely followed by City Hunter. They will say P1 closely followed by P2, but this is 2018 soon to be 2019, everything is getting stupider every year.

Don't be a follower Python, it's not a good look. See the movie before you make your judgments. The CGI was decent, definitely not the best ever. The BIG predator was the MEANEST - NASTIEST Predator that has ever graced the silver screen and I LOVED EVERY SECOND he was on the screen. Jumping on the band wagon on how stupid-looking the big Predator was before seeing it for yourself, shows you are easily led...hence the reason you're defending the goofball names of Jungle Hunter and City Hunter for the Classic Stan Winston Predators.

Nothing more to say really.

Wow, okay.

Erroneous. His opinion on how bad the Big Predator looks isn't from his first hand experience by viewing the film, it's based on the opinions of others that have emphatically shared their point of view.

Nope, there are trailers.... Not always the best use to judge something fully which is why I openly added that I hadn't seen the full movie yet. It may have been improved upon? I wouldn't know.

Now tell us what's really wrong.

Back