Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they just... threw on yet another thing from the movie onto the base?

I mean the Big Game/Jungle Hunter base is covered in Easter eggs from the movie, but 1) they're small and must be sought out 2) most of them, like the scorpion and snake, blend into the environment.

This still looks like a clean metal platform with a handful of random, unintegrated elements on top. Needs a little more hive slime, or at least some strings of it, to unify the details.

Yes, I'm aware it's still better than Sideshow's Warrior surfing on the hive wave.

Agreed. Even the egg made it feel too contrived to me, and now there's just a random weapon on the ground too?

Agreed. Even the egg made it feel too contrived to me, and now there's just a random weapon on the ground too?

A random weapon? On the ground? I guess You would be really happy in that situation to find a "random" weapon. :D :D :D It?s a pulse rifle! People died there! Where?s the sympathy?? ;)

A random weapon? On the ground? I guess You would be really happy in that situation to find a "random" weapon. :D :D :D It?s a pulse rifle! People died there! Where?s the sympathy?? ;)

If the rifle were next to an empty Marine helmet and a motion tracker bracelet, it would feel more deliberate. On its own, it's just another thing that doesn't have enough elements similar to it on the base to justify.

It'd be like Harrigan's silver pistol or Danny's bead necklace next to the City Hunter. Cool that it's there, but it needs more so it doesn't feel like an afterthought.

Even more pics posted by Kelvin Loke:

SWC2qFH.jpg

CpaAOZO.jpg

4goxTyf.jpg

gaCOBxW.jpg

GSxVgOt.jpg

On6EzUM.jpg

mxzPFA1.jpg

roiw1IY.jpg

wsuAcSP.jpg

NDUY8FC.jpg

HaNJPMx.jpg

Kc1hwge.jpg

fdl8nBO.jpg

qIGugVg.jpg

9xtrXdi.jpg

qZzoYPf.jpg

I really can appreciate individual parts of this one. But as a whole it just isn't winning me over. I think I'll grab one of the Big chaps and wait to see what the next warrior is that comes along. Or if this grows on me....

I love how Prime1 sculpted the figure.
But not the base. WHY it has to be so huge and messy?

I hope Prime 1 one aren't dead set on selling this as is, with that absurdly extravagant base. They took constructive criticism of their Big Game Predator and made adjustments, so I hope they listen everyone regarding the base here. That warrior is glorious and I dearly want it, but that base is way way too much. If they split the base into two sections, a square of floor grid for the alien, and an accessory piece with egg, rifle, and hive goop, and sold them separately, that should make everyone happy.

I hope Prime 1 one aren't dead set on selling this as is, with that absurdly extravagant base. They took constructive criticism of their Big Game Predator and made adjustments, so I hope they listen everyone regarding the base here. That warrior is glorious and I dearly want it, but that base is way way too much. If they split the base into two sections, a square of floor grid for the alien, and an accessory piece with egg, rifle, and hive goop, and sold them separately, that should make everyone happy.

I absolutely love the egg and facehugger on this. It would be awesome if they sold them separately.

It's troubling to me that neither Prime 1 nor Sideshow can or will confirm at this time that Sideshow will be distributing these. Hopefully it's nothing more than a formality that neither party can officially confirm until a contract has been signed.

Open-mouthed sculpt and bust stand. Same armhole issue as the Big Chap, but I think this bust looks nicer overall. New headsculpt is excellent.

73030718_2611498095563483_1642034575003615232_o.jpg

75242215_2611497918896834_7933476753798856704_o.jpg

74293124_2611498298896796_5403677725816782848_o.jpg

Open-mouthed sculpt and bust stand. Same armhole issue as the Big Chap, but I think this bust looks nicer overall. New headsculpt is excellent.

73030718_2611498095563483_1642034575003615232_o.jpg

75242215_2611497918896834_7933476753798856704_o.jpg

74293124_2611498298896796_5403677725816782848_o.jpg

LOOKS AMAZING! :D Man, that is now another level. But, I think there is not such arm pit tube like the Chap had. At least I cannot see right now.

Honestly with the pose on the full statue not working for me, I think I'd rather just have that bust. As that's looking a whole lot cooler to me right now, and is probably all I'd have space for anyway. It would also be a nice companion to the Big Chap bust.

The open mouthed one has lips.

Hey, you're right! I had no problem with the non-lipped sculpt, but now that I see them here, I think they look best.

Honestly with the pose on the full statue not working for me, I think I'd rather just have that bust. As that's looking a whole lot cooler to me right now, and is probably all I'd have space for anyway. It would also be a nice companion to the Big Chap bust.

They'd make such a killing selling scaled busts.

I want an open mouthed without the tongue extended.

Betting this will have interchangeable tongues like the Dog Alien. Curious about the Big Chap though.

Great new photos. I don't see the much-maligned corrugated tube encircling the arm hole that was present on the Big Chap bust, so that's a plus. I do notice that this bust has a full set of dorsal pipes, unlike the Big Chap bust. Both open and closed-mouth heads look fantastic. Now, if only they would offer a simpler base.

Looks nice in that little teaser. But looking over the full images again, I just can't come to like the pose or the large/busy base. Shame really, that's two high end warriors available currently, and I don't really like either of them. Maybe Mamegyorai's will be better, but that one will be very pricey!

Back