Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's practically identical to this pose that everyone was hyped about it being in. Anyone who expected it to also be a squat fat thing like that though was going to be in for disappointment. :confused:

View attachment 468436

Arms are pulled back and more bent in this pose, almost like a raptor. Legs are also closer together. I'd have loved for it to actually look like this.

I'm kinda liking this one. Has an egg & facehugger, which I'm down with. Probably lookin' at, what, around $1500 available 2021 or so?

Beautiful statue. But man, the size and space, then comes the price.

Wasn?t the scorpion alien 1:4 , why doesn?t p1 keep all in same scale

Wasn?t the scorpion alien 1:4 , why doesn?t p1 keep all in same scale

Licensing may not allow for movie Alien statues in 1/4.

That said, even if they could circumvent this with a comic-inspired Warrior (like they did with Jungle Hunter/Big Game), it's unlikely they'd tell us now since it would eat into sales of the 1/3 version.

I wish it had lips.

That's my only gripe about the sculpted details, but even then, many of the stunt heads in Aliens had no lips, so it can be argued that it is accurate. Otherwise, the paint and sculpt look amazing, and I could live with the pose.

I just wish this didn't have such a gargantuan base. Prime 1 and CoolProps really seem to have a fixation with huge bases. It's hard to be a collector of these things when you live in a one bedroom apartment.

That's my only gripe about the sculpted details, but even then, many of the stunt heads in Aliens had no lips, so it can be argued that it is accurate. Otherwise, the paint and sculpt look amazing, and I could live with the pose.

I just wish this didn't have such a gargantuan base. Prime 1 and CoolProps really seem to have a fixation with huge bases. It's hard to be a collector of these things when you live in a one bedroom apartment.

Space is always an issue. Unless one lives in a Mansion or sort of. But to be honest, the base grows on me more and more. They tell the whole movie with it in a way. All the corridor parts seem to be there, even the decals are done right. Of course I want to see nicely done photos to make better judgement, as some peoples mobile phone pictures of an event with multiple spot lights and distracting backgrounds are not doing favour. By any chance, is anyone here in the forum in Japan right now or does have contact there?

One bedroom apartment? How do you even store the boxes?

One bedroom apartment? How do you even store the boxes?

It's a struggle; my closets are full of them. However, with the boxes that have gorgeous full colour pictures on the outside, I don't mind stacking them in room corners and essentially having them on display.

I wish it had lips.

I'm happy it doesn't have lips. We see them with and without in the movies, so I suppose it's personal preference as to which variant you prefer. I prefer no lips as it looks more aggressive to me. But more than that, they are always badly executed on statues. Usually a piece of cheap yellow plastic or something tacked on. The base however I agree. The pose on this will grow on me, but the base is just unnecessary, more so at this scale. I wish they have just made nice simple bases for both the Warrior and Big chap, both are impressive enough characters at this scale not to need too many bells and whistles.

MtuRa55.jpg

I just wish the base wasn't so symmetrical at its core. Not that the Dog Alien base is the best thing I've ever seen, but even without any of the wall and pipe details, the basic shape of that platform is irregular and allows it to be displayed from a few angles.

the base is just unnecessary, more so at this scale.

Apparently "unnecessary bases" is part of their motto. But then you always get the "don't restrict their creativity, guys!" argument. As if you couldn't be creative and still make reasonable bases. If anything, that requires even more creativity. Anyone can get crazy with such disregard for space restrictions. :p

To properly enjoy the beauty of this piece like how I saw it in convention. The table they used was 80x80cm... My goodness, hahaha.

Apparently "unnecessary bases" is part of their motto. But then you always get the "don't restrict their creativity, guys!" argument. As if you couldn't be creative and still make reasonable bases. If anything, that requires even more creativity. Anyone can get crazy with such disregard for space restrictions. :p

For my part, I love the base. I actually screams ALIENS and James Cameron all over it and the quality of the execution is not comparable. The egg looks so real and the hive growth is the first time shown like as in the scene, when the marines enter the structure. Common, even the cutout part of the hive to see the internal structure is giving me a b**er! This is freaking awesome fan service in my opinion. I want that one so badly now, that I can?t wait for it to be released. When I think, that my Dog has not even arrived, I fear to think of the waiting time for this SOB.

I think a better option would be for Prime 1 to do something like what they did with the 1/4 scale "Big Game" Predator, where the statue is available on its own, and the extra diorama base with skinned victim is sold separately (with a discount if you buy them together). This way, people who want the deluxe diorama base can get both, and those of us who want a simpler base aren't stuck with an unwanted giant base.

I think a better option would be for Prime 1 to do something like what they did with the 1/4 scale "Big Game" Predator, where the statue is available on its own, and the extra diorama base with skinned victim is sold separately (with a discount if you buy them together). This way, people who want the deluxe diorama base can get both, and those of us who want a simpler base aren't stuck with an unwanted giant base.

Actually a good idea. I totally get the concern about waste of real estate. I have to reschedule my display possibilities as well, depending on the good will by the Lady of the house :rotfl

Still, I love the base and "storytelling" or not, it is a piece of beauty.

So they just... threw on yet another thing from the movie onto the base?

I mean the Big Game/Jungle Hunter base is covered in Easter eggs from the movie, but 1) they're small and must be sought out 2) most of them, like the scorpion and snake, blend into the environment.

This still looks like a clean metal platform with a handful of random, unintegrated elements on top. Needs a little more hive slime, or at least some strings of it, to unify the details.

Yes, I'm aware it's still better than Sideshow's Warrior surfing on the hive wave.

Back