Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/4

Just had a thought!!! With the incredible companion skinned victim piece that’s accompanying the Predator, how AWESOME would it be if Prime1 included a cocooned colonist as an exclusive with the Alien Warrior!? I for one would absolutely be one of those buyers who would DEFINITELY buy the exclusive colonist!!! Maybe even a dead colonist with a chestburster emerging from their chest!!!

Come on Prime1, give us the Alien Warrior we’ve always wanted!! Ha!!

Just had a thought!!! With the incredible companion skinned victim piece that’s accompanying the Predator, how AWESOME would it be if Prime1 included a cocooned colonist as an exclusive with the Alien Warrior!? I for one would absolutely be one of those buyers who would DEFINITELY buy the exclusive colonist!!! Maybe even a dead colonist with a chestburster emerging from their chest!!!

Not an absurd idea at all, given what we have seen.

Photos credit @sasukeharumaki

IJET7bH.jpg

ci3wmMj.jpg

I'm thinking that's the 1/3, not the crawling 1/4 (assuming that's still happening).

Just as well, I'm not crazy about the pose or the base, which looks rather like an uninspired custom.

waow ...must be really big! I hope we will see a big chap!

Ok, but the colouring is like out of a candy shop. Looks like the arcade game version in my opinion. As well far too glossy and there for looks plastic. And why is there green acid blood? Should be yellow.

Ok, but the colouring is like out of a candy shop. Looks like the arcade game version in my opinion. As well far too glossy and there for looks plastic. And why is there green acid blood? Should be yellow.

The bright blue is just lighting, just like how the movie makes them look blue. You can see the proper colour of it on its torso and other parts.

Not feeling the pose at the moment, but that awful blue lighting makes it hard to get a good feel for the thing. And it's also really missing that extra slimy look that their Dog Alien has and that you see in the screenshot on the previous page.

From a purely visual (non-QC) standpoint, I almost kind of prefer the CoolProps to this one. :chase Neither statue accomplishes very much beyond presenting the character, but the CP is more consistent in its simplicity and feels more elegant and cohesive as a result.

From the admins on the P1 Facebook group, it's beginning to sound like 1/4 Aliens of any kind are not in the plans due to licensing issues. Might be necessary to change the title of this thread.

72747304_2368660633399647_2701637929305899008_o.jpg

73272407_2368660770066300_1400095777274986496_o.jpg

72706012_2368660903399620_8325007656129396736_o.jpg

Last edited:

I'll be getting the warrior and the hunched chap for sure. I hope there's a Ripley and a Queen

Markus Pansegrau said:
Double the trouble. As they mostly come at night, mostly….I was working mostly at night times to give the fans the second iteration of the ALIEN franchise creature design.

Here I am proud to present the ALIEN Warrior of James Cameron ́s 1986 movie ALIENS done for Prime 1 Studio.

We aimed for the best representation of this creature, which was stunningly redesigned and created by the late movie magic master Stan Winston and his team back in 1985, so that it was able to fit into Cameron ́s take on the Xenomorphs biomechanical life cycle, but also do Giger's original Oscar awarded design justice.

I dearly hope, I have done a satisfactory job in the eyes of the hardcore Xenomorph fans, as we went through a few stages during this project and looked for the best way to knock it out of the park.

Once again, praises of thanks go to the ones that deserve such at most, like surely my close family is that one. At this time in my life, my kids might wonder, if this creature might be another sibling.

Again, such a quality product, it is a huge team effort from start to end, and therefore I don?t want to hold back on giving thanks anyone who was involved in it.

Thanks to Johnny Matsumoto Pham as creative director.

Thanks to the Prime 1 Team, for the initial concept of the statue and the base.

Thanks to John Pham for administration of the project.

Thanks to Pablo Viggiano for pose supervision and adjustments.

The base, for which I drew heavy inspiration from the movie settings of the “Hadley?s Hope” colony station, was finished up by the stunning artists at Prime 1 Studio and I am so happy how it turned out. Great work team!

Many thanks to the artists at Prime 1 Studio for the technical processing of my ZBrush sculpt, the cutting and fitting of the parts to make it printable and come from the screen to the real world. Thank you!

And again, and that is dear to my heart, a huge shout out to the unsung heroes of the Prime 1 Studio paint department, as for their astonishing colour work the collectibles truly comes to life. Many, many thanks for elevating a mere digital sculpt by me to a lifelike creature. Kudos!

Many, many thanks for watching and more info will follow in short time.

Cheers!

2char.

I'm not sure about this one now I've seen it properly. The leaning pose, the comic looking acid burn and the overly large base aren't immediately pulling me in. It might grow on me....

It just seems way too over-idealized to me, with that super skinny waist and angled wrists. The xenomorphs in the movie had a lot more bulk to them, which is part of what made them so fearsome and unique from the original alien.

30073979_8.jpg

And you'd really need that bulk to justify the hunched pose, otherwise it looks like it'll topple over from the weight of the head.

Should've kept the crawling pose from the teaser. That would've been a day one preorder, 1/4 or not.

I mean, it's supposed to look like how the creature would actually look like, the animatronic puppet. Not some fat bloke in a suit.

I think it looks great. Will look even better with an aggressive open mouthed head that it will also have too.

Compare this with that thing SS recently brought out, with that purple halo style base, super long tail, frog feet and an inner mouth thats not even angled with its throat, I think people are being way too critical of this one.

Back