PREVIEW : BUFFY PREMIUM FORMAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Buffy PF

Collector Freak - everyone who's a fan of the show also knows what SMG looks like and it's EXACTLY like that. There hasn't been a single complaint about the likeness from anyone.

Collector Freak
I've never seen the show, but I know what the actress looks like, and it's not like that.

Wow, I totally have to disagree with you on that comment! This is the best sculpt of SMG I've ever seen and I've posted this on several Buffy/Whedon boards and people who don't even collect Sideshow were amazed at how spot on the likeness is.

I just finished watching all seven seasons of Buffy (again, WOW!!!) and in my opinion, the likeness is dead on. Recently, Sideshow has treated fans of both Buffy and Angel with two stunning "out of the ball park" sculpts. The only problem I have with the Buffy PF is the hair. Not that it doesn't touch your shoulders the way it should (I heard that will be tweaked), but the over-all look of it's texture. It looks to me more like pasta hair (Angel hair pasta?:rolleyes: ) than hair.

It's funny, Tom Gilliland stated in a Toy Fair chat that the reason the Planet of the Apes PFs were abandoned was due to the hair issue. It was a "deal breaker" if they couldn't use real hair due to the voulme of hair the apes have.

Has there been a change of heart.:confused:

No ape has more hair on their noggin than Buffy! :horror

Does that mean the "deal" for POTA PFs are no longer "broken"? That WE can all expect an announcement of a POTA PF line soon? Maybe SDCC? No,I didn't think so. :banghead

Why can't I get over this? I'm one sick monkey! :sick

Last edited:
I think it's the all over hair on the monkeys that was the problem - figuring out a way to do it on the face so it would look right. It's got me a little concerned if we'll EVER see a Chewie PF.

Darklord Dave said:
Collector Freak - everyone who's a fan of the show also knows what SMG looks like and it's EXACTLY like that. There hasn't been a single complaint about the likeness from anyone.

Rack me up as the first! :peace

Collector Freak said:
I've never seen the show, but I know what the actress looks like, and it's not like that.

buffy%20reflections%20469.jpg

Im sorry but it looks just like her.

I'm not sorry, and it looks just like her. Excellent SMG likeness.
Look only to the Attakus version to see how off it really could be.

As for the inflated boobage, so what. Nothing bad at all there.
It isn't extreme, just a push-up, or 1 cup size increse. Good! :naughty

JS :D :peace

The likeness is good,But the hair is completly wrong not just the flick the lot.
But i like the cup increase:naughty

I would have prefered a more up to date one.(even though season 1 is the best)
But how bout a gift one:horror

To say that this piece doesn't look like SMG is virtually saying your blind as a bat. I've basically never watched buffy and only paid attention to SMG in pics and a couple of movies but it looks just like her.

you probably picked the worst picture for your comparison. the sculpt looks just like her, best likeness I've ever seen, by far, of a female by Sideshow. There's no way in the world I would have ordered it if it didn't look like her.

The likeness is indeed excellent, but the hair sculpt is well, quite frankly below par. Considering how good the rest of it is, I don't understand why they let that part of the sculpt 'go' like that.

I also would have loved an older Buffy, but hey I'm pleased that they produced this at all! I can't afford it though, or though I think I would consider squandering my cash on one if they did a really accurate Spike.

yeah, it looks amazingly like SMG, and as far as the bust increase - it seemed to me during season 1, she seemed more "endowed" than she really is.

Darklord Dave said:

Well, not about the sculpted likeness anyhow (and iirc isn't the hair sculpt being tweaked?), but for me the eyes are not SMG's - the pupil/iris is too small against the white of the eye... not by a great deal, but just enough to make them generic eyes rather than Buffy's...

EYES.JPG

... and for me that does hit the overall likeness.

Nick

MiskatonicNick said:
Well, not about the sculpted likeness anyhow (and iirc isn't the hair sculpt being tweaked?), but for me the eyes are not SMG's - the pupil/iris is too small against the white of the eye... not by a great deal, but just enough to make them generic eyes rather than Buffy's...

EYES.JPG

... and for me that does hit the overall likeness.

Nick

Yep, eyes are way off when comparing it to the pics.

The ES is a bit encouraging. At least it's not 350 for the regular release as I expect the X3 maquettes to be. 350 is as many as Doom and he's extremely popular.

Viva la Buffy PF! Bring on the Skip PF!

Darklord Dave said:
The ES is a bit encouraging. At least it's not 350 for the regular release as I expect the X3 maquettes to be. 350 is as many as Doom and he's extremely popular.

Viva la Buffy PF! Bring on the Skip PF!

Thats something Ive been wondering. Does Sideshow only have the license for 1/4 scale BUFFY LINE? Or would it include angel as well? It hasnt been too clear.

Back