Pressing the "place order" button.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a problem pressing that button? I'm new to this high end market, though I do have a few pieces and I just got my first two Hot Toys in the mail yesterday and loved them so I ordered 4 more that are discontinued before the price went up too much. After shipping and tax it came to about $1400. I found it really hard to place the order though. It is a crazy amount to spend on a figure though they're beautiful and worth it.

There's only two more I really want (battle damaged T1 and Amazing Spider-Man 2, Hulk,would be pretty cool too, I suppose) so it's not like I'm going to go crazy buying stuff now and I have the money for the figures I ordered but I'm sitting here right now feeling like I just got punched in the gut. Once I have the figures in hand and on display I'll feel better but does anyone else have a hard time actually placing the order or have an "oh crap!" feeling after making a purchase?

Yes, it is crazy..especially to people who are not into this hobby.

Just a couple weeks ago I asked a friend from another city to buy a few things from craiglist..this guy was selling a HT Gantry with Mk IV for $300, HT Tumbler for $300, and a HT WM for $200. The conversation went as follows:

Me:"Hey man..can you pick up some 'figures' for me?" (I tried to avoid using the word 'toys')
Him:"Haha you still play with toys?"
Me:"Yeah...been collecting for a few years"
Him:"Ok sure..so how much"
Me:"$800 for everything"
Him:"$800? are you crazy!"
Me:"Yeah that's what my wife says"
Him:"Yeah LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE"
Me:"I know it's nuts...."(feeling a bit sad about my 'issue' at this point lol)
Him:"Oh well...every man needs a hobby"

I'm sure many collectors have similar conversations. Now this is a guy that is a 1% earner and drives an Audi...so it's not the $800 that shocks him it's the fact it's $800 of TOYS.

I find it incredibly difficult now. Even for cheap stuff. It's all an obstacle to saving money.

To be honest, I have a pretty good life, good disposable income (I"m a bit older, just to put some perspective on it), but mate, there's not much point in dying rich.

Dying happy (and surrounded by the swedish bikini team) though....

If it makes you happy. :)

The difference is that people that call it dolls only do so to try to instigate and offend their fellow collectors. They know we call them action figures so why keep calling them dolls? The general population considers this a doll:

Nice-baby-doll.jpg

Just do a quick search for dolls and action-figures on google images and you'll see what I'm talking about.

To be honest, I have a pretty good life, good disposable income (I"m a bit older, just to put some perspective on it), but mate, there's not much point in dying rich.

Dying happy (and surrounded by the swedish bikini team) though....

If it makes you happy. :)

:lol Thanks man. After this SDCC I can certainly see a few more ''place order'' clicks in my future. I'm not nearly rich enough to go mad anymore though. The stuff has to be spaced apart, I've already been down debt road for these things and I aint going back there

Back