PREORDER NOW! [iminime] The Deadly Vipers - The Angry Bride, The Yakuza Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their permanent place of honor. Normal Bride is just so fun to mess with so not sure where she is gonna end up.

I love them. No complaints here. Yes, I think the metal swords should've been included, but at the same time I understand iminime's reasons and the business side of it. Another small issue are the bodies which are a bit loose around the abdomen and the fact that the heads don't fit tight. But honestly, those are small things and are no biggie. Very happy with them, I am so glad I ordered them and I love that they are part of my collection. :)
Sounds good. Based on some of the more recent pics, they look like they can work pretty dang well so long as they are futzed the right way. Some figures need less futzing than others to really work on the shelf. I don't regret passing on these, but I do think Kiddo would look great on a shelf with Vincent and Jules.

I only got O-Ren so i cant judge the Uma sculpt, but it looks fantastic in the pictures you guys have posted. I got blown away by the O-Ren sculpt, it looks amazing, and i hope someone with a better camera/photo skills than mine can capture all the details.

Now for the sad part, imo, the body is well, "ok" i guess, the hands does not match the face/neck color (from what i can see they are totally unpainted and with very little detail), reminds me of barbie hands lol. Also the shoes are somewhat without details, some shading would have been nice. Plastic sword, well it is what it is.

But headsculpt, paintjob and clothing are top notch 100% fantastic!

Only went for O-Ren, huh? Interesting

Check out Uma's stuntman....... uploadfromtaptalk1398307170198.jpg

Sent from my GT-P3113

Got mine yesterday. Messed around with it a bit, looking it over, spending some time with it, seeing what what it has to offer, & overall, it's a nice figure. It feels pricey for the amount of issues mine has, but I'd rather own it, than not.

Cool:
- Beatrix sculpt (although a bit blushy on mine I think).
- Biker outfit.

Cool, But Could Be Cooler:
- Tracksuit is nice, but I think the choice of yellow might be off.
- Quality metal sword, but the missing stamp is disappointing.

Not So Cool:
- Inaccurate shoe lace colour.
- Helmet not fitting on neck peg properly.
- Stripes on my helmet are not centered.
- Zipper size.

The neck gap has been mentioned earlier in here, but for me, it isn't really an issue on mine. Maybe push it down further like Wake said? Mine was fine out of the box. Also, I don't think the Play Toy shoes will be as nice as the iMiniMe ones. I have a pair of similar looking Play Toy shoes, but with white laces (I'm using them with the biker outfit), & even though the iMiniMe laces are the wrong colour, they still suit Beatrix better I think. I'm still curious as to which outfit & sword I'd prefer between the iMiniMe & Play Toy figures, so I'm thinking of getting the Play Toy set as well. Kinda annoying because I might have figured when it came to accuracy & quality, it wouldn't even be a contest. More money :slap

Questions:
- Is the hair magnetised & easily removeable from the head? Or is it glued on now? I didn't want to force it myself.
- Will there be accurate shoes with the right coloured shoelaces being offered to buyers at a later date? Or is it a "too bad, that's how it is" situation?

I appreciate the efforts of Denny, iMiniMe, & friends, in doing what they can to bring a wanted figure to our collections.

oren looks awesome, but the head just isn't sitting right, some modding needs to be done! But the Kimono is SOOOO well done. Bravo masterworks.

The hair is GLUED. Not sure why this decision was made. Not what the prototype was.
Awwww man. I thought since iMiniMe scrapped the wigged hair option, I might be able to at least try to wig it myself with a hairstyle & colour more to my liking, which would also help with poseability. I don't even know if you realise how bummed I am reading that.

The only real missteps imo are the shoelace color and the gluing of the hair, not sure I would call the figure a blunder. The lack of sword insignia was known from the beginning, so that can't really be thrown into the mix.

play toys shoes win IMO.. I currently set up the biker bride on a HT Ada Wong and the outfit and build looks impeccable, but the head is a bit oversized. I did a few mods to the triad body to make up for the weird thigh gaps. Ill take a side by side pic of the two bodys tomorrow.

Wish they would have painted the bloody head a little less bloody, but overall the head sculpts on O-Ren and Bride are 10/10 IMO!

Back