PREORDER NOW! [iminime] The Deadly Vipers - The Angry Bride, The Yakuza Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly, it should have been Bill and no one else. My preferred order and what I honestly believe was the right way to go in terms of sales and interest is

Bride
Bill
Elle
Pai Mei
O Ren
Go Go
Budd

Not that I expect all those to be made, I think Bill and the Bride would suffice, but I love the movie and would buy and and all of those characters

Bill would most likely be the next figure. Id love a pai mei myself too! Hopefully Denny reconsiders

honestly, it should have been Bill and no one else. My preferred order and what I honestly believe was the right way to go in terms of sales and interest is

Bride
Bill
Elle
Pai Mei
O Ren
Go Go
Budd

Not that I expect all those to be made, I think Bill and the Bride would suffice, but I love the movie and would buy and and all of those characters

IMO this is the logical order only I'd put Vernita Green over Budd and the bald crazy 88 (the guy who plays Pai Mei) below budd and Hanzo below him

Preferences will vary and everyone will have their personal hierarchy of importance. Some put Bill on the top of the totem and for my personal tastes he makes nearly the least sense as a figure. That doesn't mean that I'm totally opposed but it would have to be one knock out final product. Elle and Go-go are bigger wants for me (my top choices actually); of the entire roster they make the most sense as figures IMO. I’d put Vernita in that category too because she had an equally interesting fight sequence, but her outfit doesn’t stand out and in my book that makes her lose points as a figure choice. Bud & Hanzo are the absolute bottom for me. I liked them in the flicks but that has nothing to do with it. They just make the least sense as a $400+ high end custom fig in my eyes.

Either way I just hope that the line continues because the biggest draw in buying O-Ren for me was the idea that there were more character's to come.

Bill makes the most sense to me because he's the catalyst, end-game, and hell, namesake of the movie. More importantly to me, though, his scenes with Beatrix in volume 2 are some of my absolute favorites.

Last edited:
Frankly, I doubt any remaining characters would sell very well, be it Bill, Go-Go, Bud, or anyone else. Like Omar said, this feels to me like a franchise where all but the hardest of the hardcore, or the handful of high end fans of character X are gonna get the Bride only, if they get anything at all. Based on the Facebook reaction I figured O-Ren would sell a lot more, but apparently appreciation for a great sculpt =/= sales. And I do think that applies to lots of franchises. Folks love to criticize Hot Toys for not finishing lines, but it's a very rational decision on their part, based on sales trends, unless you're talking Iron Man or Batman. Sure, maybe releasing the Comedian before Rorschach isn't as sensible, but. . .

Breaking Bad could be an exception to the rule because I think the hype is still there, but I still really wonder about someone like Hank.

Bill makes the most sense to me because he's the catalyst, end-game, and hell, namesake of the movie. More importantly to me, though, his scenes with Beatrice in volume 2 are some of my absolute favorites.

Those are all good points and the reasons why I liked (not loved) Bill in the flick. Personally I liked Go-Go's, Elle's and even some of Buds scenes better than Bill's. That doesn't make me absolutely opposed to a fig but it would take a near flawless, stellar effort for me to be 100% convinced (in deciding to bite I’d be less forgiving than I was with Space Monkeys, Alonzo, Tuco & AE, Sheriff & Hunter, etc.). If Bill happens, I'd just like to see another couple of characters from the line to be on the offering table too (and I ain’t lookin’ at you Pai Mei)

I think as a trio set hank, jesse and walter would sell very well. usually individually its a problem. people who want all 3 would surely buy them. i for one am looking forward to the brba trio...

I never understood the obsession with Go-Go, is it because she is a somewhat attractive young Asian girl in a school girl uniform? I mean yea her weapon is cool but really?

House-Sad-Head-Nod.gif

Bill is the only other figure truly needed IMO. I say just make the rest available as painted/unpainted head sculpts--Elle, Vernita, Bud, Go-Go. All of them can be pretty easily bashed.

Back