Premium Format Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't understand the Dooku love... granted, i'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but that is just one character that sticks out to me like a sore thumb. I feel he is completely wasted.. shows up at the end of the second one just to be killed off in the beginning of the third. I say they should have gotten rid of him and bulked up Maul and Greivous... but that's just me.

I think that they so far the PF's are very good. I don't think there is one that people aren't excited about.

Dooku's character was much more interesting and well developed in the novelizations, EU books and Clone Wars series. If you only go by what is seen in the movies, I agree that the character is a little thin.

But he still gives us a great duel with Yoda!

Though I love Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, somehow I feel that he looks too old to be an apprentice to Darth Sidious. :emperor

However, in the scenes where Dooku is seen negotiating with the Separatist Leaders, his advanced age does lend a commanding presence to the scenes.

elwood49 said:
I'd say those characters have arguably the worst character development of any "important" characters in the saga.

Well they do nod a lot and look cool! Dooku can taunt Jedi among the best, and well .... ah, I'm out ... you are right. :D

Might as well bring my signature to these threads...I mean, I know he's not from Star Wars, but He was/is played by Han Solo himself, Mr. Harrison Ford. Besides...it's a campaign to get my avatar in PF format on my shelf! Fett on one side, Jones on the other!!!

Oh, and I would love a Maul, Dooku, and Jango PF too...and PLEASE SS, make Jango be in a cool standing pose similar to Boba, so they can be displayed together...maybe back to back so each is looking over a different shoulder or something. Please NO squatting poses!!! And bring on ANY of the Troopers!!!

That's it...Now for my chant!!!

tomandshell said:
Dooku's character was much more interesting and well developed in the novelizations, EU books and Clone Wars series. If you only go by what is seen in the movies, I agree that the character is a little thin.

But he still gives us a great duel with Yoda!

Totally agree. If you're a fan you need to read the novels in between Ep. I, II, and III. There aren't too many and it adds so much more to the characters.

DarthRamuk said:
Though I love Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, somehow I feel that he looks too old to be an apprentice to Darth Sidious. :emperor

However, in the scenes where Dooku is seen negotiating with the Separatist Leaders, his advanced age does lend a commanding presence to the scenes.

Sidious is 100's of years old(i think) and Dooku is supposed to be like 85 so I think he can be an apprentice. Read the books though, you'll be glad you did.

Vader AL said:
Sidious is 100's of years old(i think) and Dooku is supposed to be like 85 so I think he can be an apprentice. Read the books though, you'll be glad you did.
Dooku became Sidious' apprentice after Maul turned out to be half the sith he thought he was. This I know, I think that around the time that TPM was going on Dooku was a Jedi, sometime in the following 10 years he became disillusioned and left the order, he was then seduced by the dark side and became the second sith lord. So if I am right about all that then age doesn't really matter. Almost like going to back to college when you are in your 50's and having a professor in their 30's.

I also think Palpatine choose Dooku as a Sith apprentice because of his diplomatic connections so he could initialise his war plans with as many allies as possible.

Vader AL said:

It's not a matter of age, it's a matter of power. Sidious was the master after killing Plagues and no matter how young or old his apprentice was, he was always the master.

yeah i agree, i was commenting on the post that mentioned he looked too old to be sidious' apprentice.

I have no idea why Dooku became such a loyal apprentice to Sidious. It's kinda odd for an 80 year old Dooku to have to answer to a 70 (100 ?!) year old Palps. I understand he was dillusioned by the Jedi order and the Republic, and sought Sidious to learn his powers, but afterwards why did he feel the need to stick by his side. We know from AOTC that Dooku was really cocky, and thought that his powers were beyond anyone elses. During the clone wars I doubt Palpatine tought him anything new so ,thinking he was so powerful, why didn't he try to kill him like Vader (and probably Maul, had he lived) did. We know Palps was far more powerful then Dooku, and most likely Dooku knew it to, so knowing that why didn't he gather allies or train apprentices behind Palpatine's back (like Vader wanted to do with Luke). I know there must have been tension between the two, but from what I've seen Dooku was loyal till the end and he didn't have to be, I mean he could've used his knowledge of events against Sidious at any time. Either way he was a cool villain, and I'd love to see him as a PF figure...just as long as Palpatine comes first.

I think palps was a wee bit older than 70.... I always thought he was more like 300 years old.

Darth_Malvagio said:
I have no idea why Dooku became such a loyal apprentice to Sidious. It's kinda odd for an 80 year old Dooku to have to answer to a 70 (100 ?!) year old Palps. I understand he was dillusioned by the Jedi order and the Republic, and sought Sidious to learn his powers, but afterwards why did he feel the need to stick by his side. We know from AOTC that Dooku was really cocky, and thought that his powers were beyond anyone elses. During the clone wars I doubt Palpatine tought him anything new so ,thinking he was so powerful, why didn't he try to kill him like Vader (and probably Maul, had he lived) did. We know Palps was far more powerful then Dooku, and most likely Dooku knew it to, so knowing that why didn't he gather allies or train apprentices behind Palpatine's back (like Vader wanted to do with Luke). I know there must have been tension between the two, but from what I've seen Dooku was loyal till the end and he didn't have to be, I mean he could've used his knowledge of events against Sidious at any time. Either way he was a cool villain, and I'd love to see him a PF figure...just as long as Palpatine comes first.

Dooku was a political idealist. He didn't follow the Jedi's narrow minded, dogmatic view of the force. Haven't read too many of the novels so I don't know if they say how he came to be Palp's apprentice. He probably did it to gain power. He went from a nobody Jedi to the leader of the Trade Federation's army. He also became more powerful by accepting a braoder view of the force. He's just a cool cat played by a great actor.

if you read the books(ROTS) Dooku was looking forward to leaving it all behind and was caught off guard when palpy double-crossed him.

Darth_Malvagio said:
so knowing that why didn't he gather allies or train apprentices behind Palpatine's back (like Vader wanted to do with Luke).
Well Dooku did have Asajj Ventress, and there were two other fallen Jedi as well in the comics series.

Just curious, where'd you get that Palpatine was so old Vader Al?

Vader AL said:
if you read the books(ROTS) Dooku was looking forward to leaving it all behind and was caught off guard when palpy double-crossed him.
I had forgotten about that... In the ROTS novel Dooku was looking to be an emeritus Sith, as it were, serving a token sentence for his role in the war and then living the rest of his days in peace, quiet and luxury. :cool:

I've read anywhere from 120 to a thousand years old. apparantly Ian said 120 to a german magazine. i don't know if it clearly states anywhere but if you think about it if he killed plagueis he would have to be pretty old and also it seems like it would take a very long time to scheme and set everything in place to take over a galaxy.

read about half way down under "origin of anakin".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

Back