PREDATORS- No Spoilers.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll probably be launched after 18:00 GMT so by that time both the USA and most of Europe will have finsihed the working day.

I really hope there arnt going to be spoilers in this thread. Want to discuss film and what not. But I hate spoilers. with a fiery passion:devil

Basically to me anything other than whats in the first trailer is spoiler. I only watch first released one because I like to know as little as possible about an up coming film that I'm wanting to see.

any way...

That poster kinda reminds me of Baraka from MK:monkey3

I hope they dont introduce any ridiculous weapons like those arm blades in AVP.

Wonder how long till trailer goes up. Because it does say on their site 18th of 3rd.

So apparently the director made that Armored movie (49% on Rotten Tomatoes) and Vacancy, the Luke Wilson suspense movie from a couple years ago (55% on Rotten Tomatoes). Based on the "typical" film review, those movies were just average. Anyone see these movies, and based upon that, feel either optimism or pessimism regarding the potential of this Predator picture in terms of its director's influence?

Vacancy was average. Very average. However this Rodriguez's baby and I'm sure he'll have alot of control over it.

OK, going from there, most of Rodriguez's most recent efforts as a producer were a bunch of childrens' movies that he directed such as Shorts (which I had never heard of), Sharkboy vs. Lava Girl, and the Spy Kids series. Apart from that, Grindhouse (didn't much care for his segment personally) and Sin City, which was pretty good. But even there, I wonder where Rodriguez stands as a filmmaker. Based on his IMDB credits, it looks to me like he's still riding the waves of his El Mariachi films and From Dusk Til Dawn:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001675/

Admittedly, I haven't seen any of his childrens' films, but I have seen bits and pieces on cable, and they seemed to be typically crappy childrens' films.

Best after the original is a pretty low threshold, IMO. Even then, I'm somewhat hopeful, but not very. Maybe the new trailer will change my mind.

I've seen vacancy. It was OK. Just hope both rodriguez and antal are able to deliver. Never know. Just hope its decent to watch and stands up to repeat viewings. Could barely see anything on bloody AVP:R

I have faith in Rodriguez. I loved Desperado, Planet Terror, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City and his story in Four Rooms. He has a great ability to do more with less. He doesn't need to spend 100 million dollars to make a movie look good. I bet on his 30-40 million budget the movie will look like 100 million was spent on it.

That said, there always is a bit of reservation with any Alien/Predator movie. I had high hopes for AvP:R, but after seeing the trailer, I knew the movie would be trash, which is exactly what it was. Even if they turned the lights on, it would have still been trash. They basicly took all their favorite bits from all the alien and predator movies, and redid those scenes (poorly) and cobbled a poor story around it centering on a pizza delivery kid.

Apologies for the rant... AvP:R was just so.... bad.

Just from looking at the teaser for Predators, and hearing Rodriguez speak, I am more optimistic. It seems like Fox won't be breathing down his throat since it is being made at his studio - that is a very very good sign.

I like most of Rodriguez' movies
My favorites beiing SIn City, Once Upon a time in Mexico and Planet Terror.
But since he isn't directing this one, I don't expect it to be a RR movie...
I really hope it's good!!

No spoilers? So all we get to talk about at this point is our hopes, what we think of Rodriguez, and the release date of the official trailer?:lol I'll be over in the spoilers thread.

Agreed, and what do we class as spoilers?

I mean one man could view knowing a Preds name as a spoiler, while another could view it as basic movie info

I assume just the info that the people that read the script knows. Anything from the trailers is fair game I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back