Predator Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Id really like to see one of these, since the maquette is sold out and very hard to find maybe we can have this mini made up in its glorious detail :)

Let me be the first to reply... Great Idea!!!!! The maquette still pops up from time to time, in fact I found one sitting quietly on a shelf just the other day, but unfortunately it's just too pricey for my collecting budget now. But a 1/4 scale PF is something I'm sure I could manage, and since I already have a small collection of them, I'd have no trouble at all adding a Predator to the group!

I always thought the maquette was 1/4 scale and qualified as PF technically with the mixed media :confused:

The maquette is 1/4 scale. It is basically a PF but with no mixed media it doesnt fall into the PF definition.

Same with the Pumpkinhead maquette.

The maquette is 1/4 scale. It is basically a PF but with no mixed media it doesnt fall into the PF definition.

That's what I figured, too. It's closer to a statue than a true PF. But a PF of the Predator in that scale would f'n rock! Leather, cloth and hopefully even some metal parts. If they could make one for around $300 then a lot more people could afford to own one of those beauties!

That's what I figured, too. It's closer to a statue than a true PF. But a PF of the Predator in that scale would f'n rock! Leather, cloth and hopefully even some metal parts. If they could make one for around $300 then a lot more people could afford to own one of those beauties!

If a 1/4 "statue", as you put it, of the Predator was $1,000 how in hell do you expect SS to sell a "Premium Format" Predator for $300?? That just doesn't make sense. A PF with cloth and metal parts would cost tons more just to make that just a plain "statue."

That would be like asking Playstation to release a 100 GB PS3 but charge less that the 80 GB version. It just isn't going to happen.

If a 1/4 "statue", as you put it, of the Predator was $1,000 how in hell do you expect SS to sell a "Premium Format" Predator for $300?? That just doesn't make sense. A PF with cloth and metal parts would cost tons more just to make that just a plain "statue."

That would be like asking Playstation to release a 100 GB PS3 but charge less that the 80 GB version. It just isn't going to happen.

My suggestion was more of a wish that a real proposal. Now that you've picked it apart, it looks even less plausible. I'd guess the high price of the maquette was in no small part due to the fact that it was produced in partnership with Stan Winston Studios, but it was also an incredible piece of workmanship. I've seen it with my own eyes, and I agree it would probably be hard to make something like that for less money. I was only thinking that if Sideshow could do an in-house version of the Predator, within the current standards of their PF lines, they could probably do it for quite a bit less. I doubt it would ever rival the quality of the masterpiece that is the maquette, but at least some people who couldn't afford one of those might be able to have one more within their price range. Ya can't blame a guy for dreaming, can ya?

Well, all I can say is mine has real netting on the body, leather belt/pouches and the trophy bones are on threads so it is mixed media not fully sculpted.

You're absolutely right, of course. Congratulations, btw. Wish I could have afforded one of them when they were released. I have some nice "statues" and some great Predator model kits, and of course the Hot Toys Predators, but the maquette is a genuine work of art. It basically is a "Premium Format" figure, even if they didn't call it that. I just wonder if they'll ever attempt to do another Predator PF in a slightly more affordable price range...

Last edited:
SOLD!
I would buy only if they came out before CM puts out thier Predator. If not, the CM will be mine.

Don't those CMs go for like $1500 a pop? That's a lot of coin. The likenesses on some of them aren't quite as dead-on as one would expect for a figure in that price range, but the rest of them are gorgeous. Way out of my price range, though. If I had that much to spend on only one figure, then I'd already own the Sideshow/Winston Predator maquette!

The Predator Maquette is 1/4 Scale and is mixed media so technically it is a Premium Format figure. I'm not sure why they called it a maquette?

Although I'm a LotR fan first and foremost, the Predator Maquette is a thing of beauty. I find myself looking at it more than any other collectible item I have.

Sideshow Collectibles, in partnership with Stan Winston Studios, presents the definitive Predator collectible product. The Predator Maquette stands at an imposing two feet in height, including the detailed jungle base. It includes detailed body armor and a fabric net body suit authentic to the iconic film costume, with leather material accents and impeccable detail, right down to the shoulder cannon and complex skin patterns. Starting with scanned data reduced in size from the 1:1 scale original on display at Stan Winston Studios, senior artists Trevor Hensley and John Rosengrant have meticulously recreated the cinema classic in approximately 1:4 scale with unrivaled authenticity. In their words, "the details surpass the original." This maquette will stand out as the centerpiece of any trophy room on Earth or beyond the stars.

Back