Predator Masked Hunter Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Predator/Alien LSB's really depress me at this point. In fact all of Sideshow's Predator/Alien merchandise does so. I don't see how some of you can still be interested in these.

No offense to Sideshow. :chase

If you can find good examples they are nice pieces, problem is finding the busts without major QC issues(moreso the Aliens than the Preds).

If you can find good examples they are nice pieces, problem is finding the busts without major QC issues(moreso the Aliens than the Preds).

I agree. I have many of the Sideshow alien pieces and I'm very happy with the good examples I have. That's not to say I've always received good examples the first time out but, ultimately, I've been able to get good examples that look great. I know about all the crappy product they sometimes put out there. I've received a few examples myself. It is not right that what you receive may come down to the luck of the draw...but, apparently, Sideshow is ok with that (I'm not sure why I should be...). But there are good examples that are just that...good.

Yeah, SSC can do some great stuff for sure, their art direction and us based staff are generally top notch... However..

We shouldn't have to rely on luck when it comes to the production side, I'm still gutted about my Big Chap lsb. It was my most anticipated piece in years. My first was bad, my second was unbelievably atrocious! And then there were no more left for a third attempt.

My Warrior lsb is also plastered in scratches and paint chips and the jaw isn't aligned properly, they were no replacements available even though it had only been shipping out to customers for less than a week. I kept it but find it hard to enjoy a flawed piece personally..

Yes, they defiantly mishandled the Aliens. I sent 2 back of each chap and warrior and finally gave up and got them off eBay. It is easier to get them on the aftermarket over here, can't imagine being overseas and trying to track them down for a decent price. Should not have to do that, but that is today's SS is seems.

This. I wound up being so hesitant about a Big Chap that I only went with the Warrior because you were offering it and had plenty of pics. I'm thoroughly pleased with my P1 LSB, even with some breakage that happened on its way to me (100% UPS's fault - packaging was good and seller was good). It's a damn good piece, wonky fangs aside.

Overall, most of 2015 is planned already, so I know I can accommodate this. It'll just change the order of when I get things. Heck, even Godzilla, which I was super confident would have at least one delay, seems to be completely on time. :lol

ok-wanted to add something from Predator to my collection so I jumped on the WL for the EX-hoping it converts. If not, I figure the Regular Edition will be available for a while since it looks like an open edition.

ok-wanted to add something from Predator to my collection so I jumped on the WL for the EX-hoping it converts. If not, I figure the Regular Edition will be available for a while since it looks like an open edition.

You can pretty much can guarantee a conversion with this piece, just be patient if it does not happen quick

I pretty much guarantee this will convert. The delays, the reg with no EX, the not quite there likeness is all in your favor for getting one. I think a few people have cancelled already and I'm 90% certain I will too. For just $10 more than this, I just ordered an ECC 1:1 Alien bust made from transulect resin which made this an easy decision really, along with the fact I already have a P1 LSB.

But all that said, every time I go to cancel, I look at this picture and it makes me like it all over again, it is way better than any of the images SSC are using to promote it and this image alone accounts for the 10% chance I might keep it. I really hope we see a masked P2 though, with an accurate hero mask.

SNeVzwC.jpg

The SDCC pics are what sold me.

For me, seeing it and the Elder up close was the final nail in the coffin of deciding whether or not to start collecting. Still bummed about the Elder, even with the sculpt issues it had, but I won't give up on the Masked until people review it and it's a letdown. Anything else and I'll be snagging a Reg by winter.

For me, seeing it and the Elder up close was the final nail in the coffin of deciding whether or not to start collecting. Still bummed about the Elder, even with the sculpt issues it had, but I won't give up on the Masked until people review it and it's a letdown. Anything else and I'll be snagging a Reg by winter.

You mean spring right?..... :monkey3

Debating whether or not to PO this myself. I don't have the original and would prefer a masked look in this medium. What bothered me about the first one (apart from the light paint apps on the head) was that the shoulders seemed awfully narrow for such a large noggin. This one wearing a helmet and sporting the canon makes it look much better in terms of proportions. Got a few rewards points I can use on it as well. Decisions, decisions.

Debating whether or not to PO this myself. I don't have the original and would prefer a masked look in this medium. What bothered me about the first one (apart from the light paint apps on the head) was that the shoulders seemed awfully narrow for such a large noggin. This one wearing a helmet and sporting the canon makes it look much better in terms of proportions. Got a few rewards points I can use on it as well. Decisions, decisions.

Can't say I've ever noticed that in person with the first? I like it apart from the wonky inner fangs. You can have my EX of this if you like, I'm cancelling.

Can't say I've ever noticed that in person with the first? I like it apart from the wonky inner fangs. You can have my EX of this if you like, I'm cancelling.

That's very kind of you, but I'll leave it for whomever's next on the wait list. Regular is fine with me.

My waitlist for the ex converted today...debating if I should keep it.

Back