predator mask for hot toys figs.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I am preparing for another long business trip to Johnson Space Center, I wanted to share some fast photos and express a quick "thank you." I don’t post very often because I work way too much which makes me miss the days I actually punched a clock.

I want to thank the people that make these 1/6 masks (produced in small quantities, I assume) available to fans like me. Over the years, I have tried to sculpt/modify/create my own unique predator mask with varying levels of success (mostly unsuccessful.)

Here are some photos of a few of my 1/6 scale predator masks. I painted several of them myself; others I purchased painted.

I am better with electronics than sculpting. After much research and spending WAY too much time and money, I added the “laser” targeting system to the non-battle damaged predator mask shown in the photo. I tried to improve on the design by using a brighter LED and shrink tubing so the fragile wires wouldn’t break.

Finally, if there are other unique 1/6 scale predator masks out there, (not movie accurate or based on the movies, whatever, etc.), I may be interested. Please send me a PM.

Dude that Narin in your last photo is awesome looking!

Thanks so much.

I haven’t painted much for a while. I was happy and surprised with how my painting turned out. I was inspired by some of the skilled artist I’ve seen here. It was a magnificent sculpture and fantastic casting.

Thanks to you (and Les), I have it in my collection. ;)

As I am preparing for another long business trip to Johnson Space Center, I wanted to share some fast photos and express a quick "thank you." I don’t post very often because I work way too much which makes me miss the days I actually punched a clock.

I want to thank the people that make these 1/6 masks (produced in small quantities, I assume) available to fans like me. Over the years, I have tried to sculpt/modify/create my own unique predator mask with varying levels of success (mostly unsuccessful.)

Here are some photos of a few of my 1/6 scale predator masks. I painted several of them myself; others I purchased painted.

I am better with electronics than sculpting. After much research and spending WAY too much time and money, I added the “laser” targeting system to the non-battle damaged predator mask shown in the photo. I tried to improve on the design by using a brighter LED and shrink tubing so the fragile wires wouldn’t break.

Finally, if there are other unique 1/6 scale predator masks out there, (not movie accurate or based on the movies, whatever, etc.), I may be interested. Please send me a PM.
I love BIO helmets so i must say, i really like your collection.. sweetness!

Aimed at anyone here, has anyone attempted a Ram Predator mask? Im customizing my Wolf predator into a Bug hunter :rock and fancied a Ram Bio :D

This thread is so rediculously sick. You guys always get down like this, making unbelievable custom everythings?

Thanks for the new mask Boba! It looks great! :rock
Ancient_Photo6_0001.png

Ancient_Photo7_0007.png

Ancient_Photo5_0002.png

Im interested in picking up some of these Custom Bios Bobamike please PM me :D

Here is my latest attempt to create a unique mask / bio for my Hot Toys Predator. Of course, I can’t sculpt so I have to use other bits and pieces that I can find.

I thought about calling it BoneHead, but that’s not a cool name. …besides all the other predators would make fun of him…for a short time anyway. I think I will call him….BadBone. aw, that’s not much better.

Because I was inspired by Narin’s Bad Blood kit (and Dark Horse’s comics years ago), I wanted to make a bad blood predator.

Like I did with my exclusive classic predator mask, I plan to add a brighter LED and a connector with better wire strain relief.

I can see all my flaws, but I really wanted to try to create something different.

Here is my latest attempt to create a unique mask / bio for my Hot Toys Predator. Of course, I can’t sculpt so I have to use other bits and pieces that I can find.

I thought about calling it BoneHead, but that’s not a cool name. …besides all the other predators would make fun of him…for a short time anyway. I think I will call him….BadBone. aw, that’s not much better.

Because I was inspired by Narin’s Bad Blood kit (and Dark Horse’s comics years ago), I wanted to make a bad blood predator.

Like I did with my exclusive classic predator mask, I plan to add a brighter LED and a connector with better wire strain relief.

I can see all my flaws, but I really wanted to try to create something different.

I dunno what flaws you're talking about dude. That looks sooo sick! :clap

Holy Crap!!!

Very Nice work on these, I'm really loving that last one with the skull on it.
I'd love to buy one :)

Back