Predator Disaster !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even though they seem to stand well on their own I use the stands for my USCM figures, I don't want to take that risk:monkey3

by the way, were do you get Loctite? my McFarlane Alien's foot broke off and I need something with a strong bond to glue it back on

Pretty much anywhere... Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes...

Well , haven't heard back from H.T yet regarding replacement parts so I decided to attempt a repair . I drilled out the feet and added a small section of brass tubing into each . Then I replaced the broken peg with a length of aluminium tubing , using Loctite Super Glue and a little filler for added strength .
Gullivers068.jpg

So far it's held and I haven't lost any articulation ! Result!!
Gullivers055.jpg

The Elder's back !

Nice one. Ive heard nothing from HT about my broken alien, going to have to try and fix that.

Is it the AvP alien? That seems like a relatively simple joint ( get a load of the repair master here! :rolleyes:). Could you post some pics , I'm sure the guys could offer some advice on the best way to solve the problem .:cool:

Great work on fixing your figure... I used to not use stands, but after a few shelf dives I've become a firm believer in their usage. Also they sort of look nice anyway.

Is it the AvP alien? That seems like a relatively simple joint ( get a load of the repair master here! :rolleyes:). Could you post some pics , I'm sure the guys could offer some advice on the best way to solve the problem .:cool:

I've already fixed it, but I would like a new joint to have it working properly.

Here's what happened:

DSC00317.jpg

A friend of mine and me rebuilt to whole articulation with some dremmeling a bit of metal parts, but it is a bit loose, so the figure doesn't stand well unassisted.

But the point is, how hard is it for HT to send one frigging piece of plastic? At least they could answer...

That's a nasty break! More awkward to fix than mine . If it's working but a bit loose , try running a bit of superglue into the moving area and keep flexing the joint until the glue hardens . A bit daunting sounding , I know , but it DOES work . Of course , I've never tried it on a £100 figure! :D

Would you credit it ? Just received an email from H.T asking for proof of purchase and a photo of the damaged ankle joints for replacements!! DOH!!! :rolleyes:

Back