Predator coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynxje

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just recieved this email in my mailbox:

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to inform you that the ¼ Scale Predator Maquette Exclusive (#71431) is expected to arrive at our Los Angeles warehouse during late April / early May. As previously stated on our website, this item will only be shipping from our US warehouse.

It's finally happening :google :horror

Funny, I just got an email saying that they're pushing back my last flexpay because it's been delayed and not expected until late May.

Darklord Dave said:
Funny, I just got an email saying that they're pushing back my last flexpay because it's been delayed and not expected until late May.

Dave, what did you do to upset Sideshow? They just don't seem to want to ship you stuff lately...

Darklord Dave said:

I got that e-mail also. If regular customers get theirs in late April, and Flex-Pay customers get theirs in late May, I will be extremely unhappy. I've paid for 2/3 of it already.

If they all ship in late May, then it's no big deal, but damn I thought he was coming sooner. :(

elwood49 said:
I got that e-mail also. If regular customers get theirs in late April, and Flex-Pay customers get theirs in late May, I will be extremely unhappy. I've paid for 2/3 of it already.

If they all ship in late May, then it's no big deal, but damn I thought he was coming sooner. :(

Well, if the people who paid through the regular method ship in may and the last flex pay doesn't go through till it ships they paid all of it at once while you still would owe a payment. So it really would be fair actually. Sorry to burst your bubble Elwood. :)

jlcmsu said:
Well, if the people who paid through the regular method ship in may and the last flex pay doesn't go through till it ships they paid all of it at once while you still would owe a payment. So it really would be fair actually. Sorry to burst your bubble Elwood. :)

Actually, the 3rd and final Flex-payment was originally due April 7. This new e-mail informs us that the payment is moved back, and ours ships later. Yeah, that's real fair.:rolleyes:

It's one thing to back Sideshow, but the flawed logic you use to back EVERYTHING they do really gets old fast.

elwood49 said:
Actually, the 3rd and final Flex-payment was originally due April 7. This new e-mail informs us that the payment is moved back, and ours ships later. Yeah, that's real fair.:rolleyes:

Well, it WAS due on April 7th but has been moved back so NOW those paying in full at once will have paid more than you. It's no different than the regular Grievous pieces coming in and the rest of us who got exclusives having to wait longer to get ours. It's just life and how we choose to go about certain products.

elwood49 said:
It's one thing to back Sideshow, but the flawed logic you use to back EVERYTHING they do really gets old fast.

ok Elwood. :p

Last edited:
Has anyone NOW also gotten this email that I got tonight?:

"Thank you for your order of the Predator Maquette 1/4 Scale Sideshow Exclusive (item# 71431FLEX) from our Predator Collectibles line. We appreciate your patience in waiting for this Sold Out item to arrive into our warehouse. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

In order to ensure that you receive the highest quality Sideshow Collectible possible, we have increased quality control procedures for this highly detailed piece to assure your complete satisfaction. As such, there has been a slight delay in the arrival of this item, which is now expected to arrive into our warehouse in late May 2006. Due to this delay, we have rescheduled your final Flex Pay payment to coincide with the arrival date of this product. Please note your final payment of $333.00 (plus any applicable taxes) will now be charged on May 15, 2006. Please anticipate shipment of your order approximately 5 to 7 business days after your final payment has been processed.

If you need to update your credit card, billing and/or shipping address information, or cancel an item/order, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

For your convenience, we have implemented software upgrades, which now allow you to make changes to standing pre-orders yourself through your online user account. You can sign in to your account here:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/myhistory.cgi

We apologize for any delays but feel that the delays will be well worth it when you receive your collectible. Please let us know if you have any questions about the information that we have provided to you!

Best regards,

The Sideshow Collectibles Processing Team"

I'm actually a little relieved that my final Flex Pay payment will go through a month later. That gives me a bit of breathing room for a month. And I would think that at least all the Exclusive Predators will go out at the same time.

Everyone who ordered one will get one. It's all good, folks! :peace

jlcmsu said:
Well, it WAS due on April 7th but has been moved back so NOW those paying in full at once will have paid more than you.

Which is exactly what I'm complaining about, hence the flawed logic. I'm pissed that the payment is moved back if mine ships a month later.

elwood49 said:
Which is exactly what I'm complaining about, hence the flawed logic. I'm pissed that the payment is moved back if mine ships a month later.

The flex pay shipment is being delayed so they should move the payment back shouldn't they? I would want that to be the case because I wouldn't want to pay for something that wasn't gonna ship for a month. That way you and anyone else that went this way will have your payment and shipment match. Which is why it's fair that those who went the full payment amount should get theirs first if those that part of the run is coming in sooner.

jlcmsu said:
The flex pay shipment is being delayed so they should move the payment back shouldn't they? I would want that to be the case because I wouldn't want to pay for something that wasn't gonna ship for a month. That way you and anyone else that went this way will have your payment and shipment match. Which is why it's fair that those who went the full payment amount should get theirs first if those that part of the run is coming in sooner.

Why should anyone who pays the full amount be a different part of the run? I ordered mine right when it went on sale, and my payments would be complete before the item ships under the normal schedule. Why not ship the Predators out in the order they were placed? I guess that makes too much sense.

Rest assured, I will NEVER use Flex-Pay again. What a farce that system has turned out to be.

elwood49 said:
Why should anyone who pays the full amount be a different part of the run? I ordered mine right when it went on sale, and my payments would be complete before the item ships under the normal schedule. Why not ship the Predators out in the order they were placed? I guess that makes too much sense.

It sounds like to me actually reading that email again that the whole run is being delayed. All 1k pieces be it if you went with the pay all at once or pay using Flex Pay. Which would negate anything dealing with shipment break down.

Now, if this isn't the case those paying in full will be easier to ship first because their payments could be already processed when May 15th comes around to take the final flex pay payment. The processing period might be longer than that so it's easier to ship those who full payments have already gone through. I guess I find it fair for those that went with the pay in full option to ship first.

In the end it really doesn't matter much to me. I don't have this coming. I'm simply just tossing out a few ideas/reasons to why something might be going on.

elwood49 said:
Rest assured, I will NEVER use Flex-Pay again. What a farce that system has turned out to be.

How has it turned out to be a farce? Elwood I think you might just be over reacting here. It's not like your not gonna get it.

I don't know why you guys are arguing about it, I haven't even recieved a notice about him!:google

I'm confused about what Elwood is mad about. The Predators are now shipping end of May (at least that's how the email I posted above reads). Those of us paying via Flex Pay will make our last flex payment 5/15/06. The Predator ships end of May. Anyone NOT using Flex pay will get charged for the item in one lump sum when it ships (at the end of May).

Who doesn't understand the Flex Pay system? I'm confused as to why it's a "farce".... :confused:

Back