Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A female Indian will challenge the Predator.

Come on, you know you always wanted to see that. I remember thinking back in 1987, why couldn't the commandos -- Earth's best modern warriors -- instead be Native Americans?

PREY... or "Chases with Wolves"
Maybe it's an inter-species love story. That would be a different take. :lol

I'd unironically like to see Predator in feudal Japan, 5th century Mongolia, WWII Europe, 1715 Guinea, 1980s Siberia, or even a futuristic tech city. Maybe throw in a new weapon or two each time, but keep the basic formula the same and introduce very little additional info about the Predator's culture in order to maintain the mystery. There should be enough new tidbits to wonder and speculate, but no more. That's really all anyone needs to do with this property, it could even work as an anthology series.

And for goodness' sake, let's get fresh armor and skin designs each time. How many movie Predators have we seen based on the 1987 look? Again, Predator 2 did it best; the basic layout is the same, the style and color scheme are simply different.

I'd unironically like to see Predator in feudal Japan, 5th century Mongolia, WWII Europe, 1715 Guinea, 1980s Siberia, or even a futuristic tech city. Maybe throw in a new weapon or two each time, but keep the basic formula the same and introduce very little additional info about the Predator's culture in order to maintain the mystery. There should be enough new tidbits to wonder and speculate, but no more. That's really all anyone needs to do with this property, at least for the time being.
I smell an Eternals crossover...

This seems interesting. Predators have been hunting humans forever right? So naturally they come in and hunt warriors from all throughout time. I hope this is good. I love one done in like every region of the globe.

I really liked Trachtenberg’s 10 Cloverfield Ln except for the tacked on ending so .. who am I kidding that means nothing these days.

I'd unironically like to see Predator in feudal Japan, 5th century Mongolia, WWII Europe, 1715 Guinea, 1980s Siberia, or even a futuristic tech city. Maybe throw in a new weapon or two each time, but keep the basic formula the same and introduce very little additional info about the Predator's culture in order to maintain the mystery. There should be enough new tidbits to wonder and speculate, but no more. That's really all anyone needs to do with this property, it could even work as an anthology series.

And for goodness' sake, let's get fresh armor and skin designs each time. How many movie Predators have we seen based on the 1987 look? Again, Predator 2 did it best; the basic layout is the same, the style and color scheme are simply different.
Totally agree.

WWII Europe would be my top pick too.

The girl, who apparently is the protagonist in this, looks so young and tiny in this teaser.
They didn't even go for a big, Gina Carrano type woman, they went for someone very little and innocent looking. Interesting choice.
This is going to have to be well executed to not look silly.
The teaser didn't show enough to form much of an opinion or interest from me yet.
EDIT: Just looked it up. She's 5'5". You leave her alone mean Mr Predator.
This could work well if they allow her to be vulnerable and outmatched until she wins through cunning and determination. A clever trap. Taking advantage of the Predators overconfidence. Etc etc.
Imagine how tense it could be. Watching cat and mouse with a huge lethal Predator and this itty bitty thing.
Hopefully they resisted the urge to girl power it.

Last edited:
Why was my post about them teaming up deleted? I didn't receive a notification or anything, it's just gone.

So an Assassin's Creed: Predator franchise? WW1 always seems to invoke a more horror vibe for me more than WW2, I'd like to see that.

The girl, who apparently is the protagonist in this, looks so young and tiny in this teaser.
They didn't even go for a big, Gina Carrano type woman, they went for someone very little and innocent looking. Interesting choice.
This is going to have to be well executed to not look silly.
The teaser didn't show enough to form much of an opinion or interest from me yet.
EDIT: Just looked it up. She's 5'5". You leave her alone mean Mr Predator.
This could work well if they allow her to be vulnerable and outmatched until she wins through cunning and determination. A clever trap. Taking advantage of the Predators overconfidence. Etc etc.
Imagine how tense it could be. Watching cat and mouse with a huge lethal Predator and this itty bitty thing.
Hopefully they resisted the urge to girl power it.

I do get what you're saying, seeing small girls beat up large and proficient fighting guys with little effort in modern movies is fairly tedious at this point...... However, brute force has never been the solution in any of the Predator movies. Even Arnie tried it, and he got his arse handed to him, it was just a game to the jungle hunter and Arnie was a toy he threw around for fun. The Predators are beaten with brains, not Braun, so her size doesn't really bother me too much so long as the movie is entertaining. The teaser didn't really show enough to form much of an opinion either way.

I do get what you're saying, seeing small girls beat up large and proficient fighting guys with little effort in modern movies is fairly tedious at this point...... However, brute force has never been the solution in any of the Predator movies. Even Arnie tried it, and he got his arse handed to him, it was just a game to the jungle hunter and Arnie was a toy he threw around for fun. The Predators are beaten with brains, not Braun, so her size doesn't really bother me too much so long as the movie is entertaining. The teaser didn't really show enough to form much of an opinion either way.

Yes I agree, you can't beat a Predator with brute strength, no matter how big you are, but everyone who has killed a Pred, including Dutch had to go toe to toe at first, for at least a short while. They had to get hit and beat up by this massive thing.
Dutch survived a beating long enough to set off his trap.
Harrigan had a long fight from slaughterhouse all the way to the ship.
Royce took a horrible beating before he was saved by the sniper.
And even using cunning and a trap, I still think it'll be hard to pull this off without it looking silly or without copious amounts of girl power, when the Predator is 2 feet taller than her and hundreds of pounds heavier.
The girl in the teaser just looked so little and innocent.
Imagine her having to take the blows other characters did.
They should use that. Make us worry for the poor itty bitty thing. Make her the mouse in this cat and mouse game. Really crank up the tension.
This needs to be handled cleverly and it needs to be well executed in my opinion, or its going to be a farce.

It's also worth noting that the first two Predators were ultimately done in by their own hubris, all a character needs to do is exploit it. Dutch made a fake trap to lure the Predator where he wanted him and the creature followed, thinking it had outsmarted him. Harrigan played weak and seized the opportunity to get in a free blow while the Predator was busy savoring the kill to come.

If our young protagonist here seems like easy pickings, the creature is even more liable to miscalculate when pursuing her. Plus it'll be one of the first times a Predator has hunted a human.

It's also worth noting that the first two Predators were ultimately done in by their own hubris, all a character needs to do is exploit it. Dutch made a fake trap to lure the Predator where he wanted him and the creature followed, thinking it had outsmarted him. Harrigan played weak and seized the opportunity to get in a free blow while the Predator was busy savoring the kill to come.

If our young protagonist here seems like easy pickings, the creature is even more liable to miscalculate when pursuing her. Plus it'll be one of the first times a Predator has hunted a human.
I'm interested to see how they execute it. I have more faith in Trachtenberg than I did for Black's The Predator - everything about that was awful.

They should use that. Make us worry for the poor itty bitty thing. Make her the mouse in this cat and mouse game. Really crank up the tension.

What tension? You know she's gonna win and kill the thing in the end. We also know that, at least according to Predator and Predator 2, if she's not carrying a weapon or appears to be a threat to him, he'll leave her alone.

It's just like those stupid Jurassic Park movies and all those damn wiener kids....ZERO tension in any of those movies cause we know the filmmakers don't have the balls to have a dinosaur eat a kid. Wouldn't that be great to see though? The usual set up of dumb kids frolicking through the park, and then the big bad dino is trying to get through the glass/plastic/wall whatever.....but this time it actually DOES? And eats the stupid kids right there? I'd buy that for a dollar!

That's the only way this movie can be remotely interesting...if the Predator wins and kills the chick. The end. Expectations subverted.

Back