Predator 2 - Regular vs. BD. Which to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one! :rock

OK, I flipped at the last moment and got the regular version :p I still would like the BD version, and might pick one up when I can in the future, jsut for the medi-kit and open mandible head if nothing else. I managed to find a regular one with a decent BIN price here...I'm guessing it was since "Hot Toys" was not listed in the title. Most of the other BIN Pred 2 regular version auctions have a lot of rediculous prices.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350078467054&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

There's another one if anyone needs one. It was $192 shipped.

By the way, if anyone hears about the strange death of a toy collector in Tennessee by his wife later this week or next week, well...you know what happened.

You will like it, Enjoy!!!:rock:rock

P2 regular ftw :lol:lol

Well, it was a heck of a tough decision, and there were a LOT of recommendations on the BD version. But most of my figures do end up on display in my cabinet and don't get a lot of "play time". Some of the comments pointing out the 'iconic' look of the original version really made me think about the overall look of the figure. But given how the P2's price has been going up, I figured I might as well grab one now before they go the way of the P2 Elder and AVP Preds.

The BD version still kicks ass, and I hope to own him someday!

Well, it was a heck of a tough decision, and there were a LOT of recommendations on the BD version. But most of my figures do end up on display in my cabinet and don't get a lot of "play time". Some of the comments pointing out the 'iconic' look of the original version really made me think about the overall look of the figure. But given how the P2's price has been going up, I figured I might as well grab one now before they go the way of the P2 Elder and AVP Preds.

The BD version still kicks ass, and I hope to own him someday!
Do you have a P2 Elder?

My vote goes to the BD version. Like many have said the blood isn't that noticeable in person and a big plus is the option to display him roaring maskless.

oops....looks like you've already decided.

I was so impressed with a second hand BD I went and bought a another Sideshow Exclusive BD version (with the damaged bio mask) new.

Yeah, I've got him on the way. Hoping he arrives tomorrow or Thursday :D

My fourth is an AVP Chopper/Ancient pred kitbash - I just kinda took the parts I liked out of each to build one I was happier with than either separate.

Keep me posted with pics and progress, I may be able to help you out..;);)

I have the BD version and my friend has both the Regular and BD versions. I pass over the Regular version because of the extra accessories in the BD version.

I was just hunting around for HT Preds, and I found a BD Pred 2 for $130 shipped! Yes!!!

I was just hunting around for HT Preds, and I found a BD Pred 2 for $130 shipped! Yes!!!

Are there anymore available at that price ?, I really need to get this guy.

Are there anymore available at that price ?, I really need to get this guy.

Sorry guys, last one. Midtown Comics in NYC had it on their site. It's off now. I went there a couple weeks ago and they only had some of the brown Aliens (not AVP) and the elder diorama. It looks like some places got the BD ones in lately.

Back