Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ship UPS as well (who are WAY worse for International shipments).

Maybe it's too big for USPS to handle/process :dunno

I'm not going to fuss about it now I've got past the initial shock (and since the lass at Sideshow was so nice).

I'll just think of it as a $1500 USD bust including shipping. Still well worth it IMO.

USPS shipped my life size warrior from California to here for less then $100. FedEx is a ripoff.
But yeah, still worth it.

wow that's some postage, I got mine from a retailer so only paid 31 euros UPS, looks like sideshow delivering 18/10/16 according to facebook

$377 to be specific, but I'll be taxed 20% on that, so shipping will cost me $453! That is insane, this hobby is going down hill fast. I'm buying a house with my mrs very soon, simply can't afford to throw that kind of money about willy nilly at the minute. I have little choice but to cancel I think, very disappointed. I flexed mine, hope they will extend the courtesy of a full refund to me also.

Geez that really sucks! Sorry to hear this. I know you were one of the members here that was very passionate about this piece.
Perhaps you have a few pieces that you could do a quick sale on?
Otherwise it sounds like you shouldn't have issues getting a refund.

Got my processing notice too.
Looks like shipping for me is 106 in California. Thought it might be a little less considering it's shipping within the same state that Sideshow is located in. Oh well.
Cant wait for this to arrive.

$377 to be specific, but I'll be taxed 20% on that, so shipping will cost me $453! That is insane, this hobby is going down hill fast. I'm buying a house with my mrs very soon, simply can't afford to throw that kind of money about willy nilly at the minute. I have little choice but to cancel I think, very disappointed. I flexed mine, hope they will extend the courtesy of a full refund to me also.

Holy hell bro!!.. I feel bad for you U.K. Folks... :thud:

Got my processing notice too.
Looks like shipping for me is 106 in California. Thought it might be a little less considering it's shipping within the same state that Sideshow is located in. Oh well.
Cant wait for this to arrive.
Yeah, but you had to pay about $105 in sales tax too.

Sorry - forgot to mention that - I deliberately asked them as I knew YOU guys would be curious :) . . .

. . . Agali said that it was about the same price ($290 USD) for shipping to Australia and the UK.

They asked for $400?!!!

So much for it being similar to Canada & Australia.
That's crazy!

OMG - that's ridiculous :horror :slap :gah: - sorry guys - that is what I was told.

The crappy pound to USD exchange rate won't help you folks either (as the Canadian didn't help ME).

I thought MINE was OTT - shipping is 1/5 of my overall cost!

2016-10-15%20Canadian%20cost_zpslajor97h.jpg

$917 to Australia. + approx 15% import duty on Bust. Glad I got mine through a local dealer.

Last edited:
OK guys - I thought I'd follow up with FedEx direct.

I spoke to one of the senior managers in their freight dept. regarding shipments from the US. He said:
  • Items only have to go freight if the summed box dimensions exceed 165” OR if the weight exceeds 150lb.
  • If this was shipped by Sideshows regular method, this would be a lot cheaper.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd estimated this was AT MOST 30”x30”x30” (total 90” so below 165" limit) and 50-80lb (so below 150lb weight limit).

I've emailed Sideshow Customer Service (they'll get it Monday) to ask them to provide the exact dimensions and weight of the box, in the hope that someone has miscalculated or made a mistake.

Worth a try.

Back