Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to order this may have to cancel some other stuff to fit this in. But o well it will be worth it I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they make also 1:2 busts for people with less space and money, like chronicle did.

I emailed Coolprops about this and received this response:

"Dear Steven,

We hope to have the prototype painted by July so please continue to
check it out
and please look forward to it!
Thank you very much.

Regards,
CoolProps Support team"

Where you e-mailed them?

I found only a website in chinese or japanese. :-(

The Sideshow ones are not bad, could use some paint work to be even better.

The sculpt of the P2 Sideshow bust is very very good, but the paint job is bad, complete false, sloppy paint application on the forehead. This needs much more than some paint work.

The sculpt of the P1 bust have some massive problems. The forehead is way to big/long, compared to the mouth area.

For the high price I dont can live with such big errors.

So I hope Coolprob could make cheaper/smaller 1:2 versions of there amazing work. Chronicle Collectibles did the same with there SChwarzenegger 1984 TG bust.

The sculpt of the P2 Sideshow bust is very very good, but the paint job is bad, complete false, sloppy paint application on the forehead. This needs much more than some paint work.

The sculpt of the P1 bust have some massive problems. The forehead is way to big/long, compared to the mouth area.

For the high price I dont can live with such big errors.

So I hope Coolprob could make cheaper/smaller 1:2 versions of there amazing work. Chronicle Collectibles did the same with there SChwarzenegger 1984 TG bust.
Lets wait and see how the paint and price ends up with CP pieces too.

Personally I don't like 1:2 scale bust usually. Since the full size bust is cast from the original sws mould, the only way to maintain the accuracy is to do a 3d scan then print out. During that process there will be too much zbrush retouch or re-sculpt involved by digital artist, most likely it will drop the accuracy level.

A few more pics just added...
I just feel that somehow the accessories on its dread looks a little lack of details also kinda soft and blurry. But maybe that's exactly same of what the original props looks like.

img_23_zpsfodea8di.jpg
img_24_zpslqozfsap.jpg
img_25_zpsgez1ap5u.jpg
img_26_zpswdvtxe77.jpg
img_27_zpsbbbmirm9.jpg
img_29_zpscan2glqr.jpg
img_35_zpshgfcjhry.jpg
img_30_m_zpseduac1m2.jpg
img_37_zps0fabwdla.jpg

img_21_zpsb2rwmp9u.jpg
img_46_zpspaboz9kf.jpg
img_45_zpsjxqcoyy5.jpg

Some people may need to get the Sideshow P1 bust to team up with city hunter, but I strongly believe that coolprops will pull out their P1 version later.

It looks great from the front...which is, obviously, the most important thing. But Python is right, the dreads are very disappointing. They look like one big clump of something when individual, distinguishable, detailed dreads would look much better.

Back