Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P2 LSB is a good piece for the price it's going nowadays, at least in my area (around $260). However, it couldn't be compared to Coolprops in both presence, sculpt (CP isn't sculpted, it's molded but oh well) and size. I got what I paid for 4X more than LSB (which I originally planned to get) and it's very well worth it, since P2 is one of the hardest Predator to paint correctly.

What's more surprise to me is how light it is. The box says N.W is 10 Kg but I think it's actually 7-8 kg? I could fit it on top of Detolf easily but wonder if it may caused problem in the future? Time to visit IKEA then.

The P2 lsb has a completely wrong crown size, shape and angle, looks ridiculous next to the P1 lsb due to being oversized and has hands down the worst paint ap sideshow has ever released.
This bust despite some production flaws is movie accurate as far as the sculpt goes. They got the eye and teeth colour wrong and the crown paints are still off but it's no contest between the SS being a turd next to the CP.

my take on this

thanks for share on video, not got mine yet but seen this in a shop, I agree with the dreads but supposed to be taken from movie mould then I guess it will look like this, I can live with it for the price though as always wanted a life size pred and cant afford the crazy prices for P1 and wolf on secondary market

They were done in the same style as Sideshow's 2005 1:1 Predator 1 bust - but not as well.

That meant they were not going to be "individual", but they should have been much MUCH cleaner (better defined) than they were.

Still - I don't think anyone that has this in-hand (you & I included) has said the dreds are a deal-breaker. Still looks awesome regardless :)

If the dreds are individual then this'd have cost $1500-$1900. Besides, the bust looks REAL good even without it.

The face sculpt and the chest/ shoulder/ dred sculpt are sculpted and painted separately from one another before being assembled. If you see this piece up close you will see what I mean. There are, hands down, different levels of skill at work from the face/ crown "piece" to the rest. Sideshow's P1 displayed the same faults in the dreds when compared to the face sculpt/ paint.

We'll have to agree to disagree on all of that :)

It's the "sculpting" of the dreds/beads that causes the paint to suffer. Not much you can do with the sculpted "play-doh" soft connections.

Sideshow's doesn't look as bad because of the better sculpting, plus the colouration on the P1 beading is simpler.

Yeah, paint is bound to fail by default in roughly - raw surfaced sculpts. SS's OG P1 bust has way better sculpting dread value.

Finally found some great deals of this bust, all of them are lower than the retail price, will select one then give it a shot.
The mask and spear won't stay lonely anymore.
Super happy now!

Finally found some great deals of this bust, all of them are lower than the retail price, will select one then give it a shot.
Super happy now!

Yeah - congrats - you deserve to get this after all the in-progress info & pics you shared with us - and bonus if you can get it cheaper!

Super happy now!

Got mine from popcultcha the other day, they had 20% off. Worked out to be $1450 with free postage.

Got mine from popcultcha the other day, they had 20% off. Worked out to be $1450 with free postage.
I had mine pre ordered with pop culture and then when it arrived and tried to pay the balance and use 2000 pennies of the 11000 I had to get 20% off they said I couldn't use them. Then few months later they offer 20% off store wide. They certainly know how to screw there customers over. 😢

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Back