Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was posted by a moderator in the official Prime 1 group.

"Hello guys, I think many of you are aware of the fact that Sideshow hasn't published any of Prime1studio's recent pre-orders on their site over the last three weeks. We do not know why this is, and we're not at all privy to Sideshow's pre-order schedule sadly. So for people who are probably eager to hop on the the PO train for Bane, 1/3 Guts, City Hunter or General Zod etc. we don't have anything to offer you in terms of solace regarding the situation, again, sadly. What we can say is that Prime1studio has provided all pre-order information to Sideshow, P1 has done their part in the solicitation of the products to Sideshow as per usual.
Again, P1 does not have any information, If you want further info you'll have to contact Sideshow directly."

Thanks for posting this Matt.

. . . not that I'm in any hurry to pre-order anyways . . .​

. . . I want to see how much the Infinity Studios piece is going to cost first (as that will get priority).​

Have you got that link by any chance? I can't see it on their site. It might be worth us all requesting that they stock Infinity studios Predators as they are making some nice stuff that is hard for us to acquire in the West.

https://www.sideshow.com/suggest
Edit: thanks for the heads up on Infinity Studios, their berserker predator statue looks dope !

https://www.sideshow.com/suggest
Edit: thanks for the heads up on Infinity Studios, their berserker predator statue looks dope !

The sculpt its great! But I don't like their pose. Their City hunter however is shaping up to be really cool!

Thanks for the link, if anybody gets time, feel free to recommend infinity studios products, I'll do it now.

For me, only the version with spear and masked helmet looks pretty good to me. The other options disc and unmasked head do not fit the right arm posture / position at all. I hope P1 will give us another right arm or more. the holy rest of the statue is absolutely epic good!

Other than a few nitpicks, I really love the look of this guy. When they first revealed it I was worried it would be wall mount only, so I was relieved to see the table mount for it. I do also like the Infinity Studios one and I'm waiting to see it painted. But Infinity Studios pieces seem pretty hard to obtain in Australia and I'm guessing the price might be quite a bit more so I'll probably end up picking this one up.

I really wonder if this pred is a 1/4 or more a 1/5 or in between ...

I m curious as well.
I will only order if it is true 1/4.
I am secretly hoping it is too small so I can pass and wait for the JH.

It’s 1/4 scale.

You can tell with the camera close ups in the one video that’s on YouTube.

Thing is gonna be nicely sized.

Think I might grab this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On P1 side stand non scale. The City Hunter Predator is 2,33m high.
This is my favorite position at exactly this angle

wapr-01_b44.jpg

Pic by Prime 1 Studio

Fully extended the spear should be about 8 foot. Measure the spear and you should get the scale of the predator.
Unless ofcourse they've sideshowed the **** out of it and used a 1:6 scale spear on a 1:4 piece :duh

th

Fully extended the spear should be about 8 foot. Measure the spear and you should get the scale of the predator.

Unless of course they've sideshowed the **** out of it and used a 1:6 scale spear on a 1:4 piece :duh . . .

:lol

Mate - it's a bloody good job you & I don't live closer - I think there'd be WAY too much alcohol getting consumed! :)

Nobody knows...

That’s what I hate about collecting these days. First you wait for prototype being revealed. Then you wait for such open-edition item to let you PO. Then wait for god knows how long plus add a year or two for it to release... sometimes only to find out you don’t want it anymore or have to sell it ASAP to funds something else.

Companies should be very clear about edition size and release date. It’s bad then and it’s worse now. What’s the release date of Alien 3 maquette from Prime 1 again?

That’s what’s been bothering me as of late.

What end up doing is losing interest and buying the latest released items. With absolutely no plans to get that particular item. But because it’s out and available and still had the same cool factor and relates to my tastes, I end up buying it.

Preordering things is just something I’m probably not going to do anymore unless it’s out in Asia and I know it’s coming out soon.

And exclusives are nice but if I have to preorder 2 years in advance I get the extra head, ehhh.. keep it. Lol.

As for the Dog, its production update was teased on Facebook a few weeks ago. So April - May

I almost canceled it in favor of the Shockwave piece that’s coming out. Only cause I was going to pick it up later, it having a 1800 es and the shockwave only 888 and the shockwave piece seems like it’s going to be out very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m confused. Will the regular be only wall mountable and the EX has the table top option?

I think the table top option looks a little silly. This piece is made to be wall mounted.

I’m confused. Will the regular be only wall mountable and the EX has the table top option?

I think the table top option looks a little silly. This piece is made to be wall mounted.

The only difference is that the exclusive comes with a switch-out disc hand (and the appropriate option to customize the disc holder as a result).

Not sure if it was answered but P1 messaged me back regarding my inquiry of why CH is considered "non-scale." In a nutshell they are designating Wall art items as non-scale. So I imagine we will see the same when all the alien wall mount heads start popping up.

Not sure if it was answered but P1 messaged me back regarding my inquiry of why CH is considered "non-scale." In a nutshell they are designating Wall art items as non-scale. So I imagine we will see the same when all the alien wall mount heads start popping up.

So in other words it’s WTF scale?

I’m out on this piece. Looks great just not for me.

Back