Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

non scale

900$

non scale

Sorry, WHAT???

Yeah, that's a weird one. I noticed it last night. But we were told previously that it would be 1/4 so I assume it is at least close to that.

Shouldn't be too long until it's up. I'll be flexing this one once it's up. I still can't believe this starts at $899. It's a lot of money of course, but relative to other similar products it is much less than I expected. Thanks Prime 1...

Confused about the ex after the full reveal photos

1) it comes with 1x standalone ex disc that attaches to the side which can replace the standalone regular disc?
2) it comes with 1x ex hand holding a non removable disc? Or is the disc removable (much preferred) and you just get 1x ex disc to attach to hand or put on side
3) the regular has photos of the ex hand too I assume it’s just a mistake and doesn’t come with it
4) light up is battery I assume no ac adapter, and his plasma canon doesn’t light up only the bio mask targeting

This statue is perfect, the pose, price, and most of all the small footprint base. I hated a lot of prime 1 releases because of their massive base that takes up so much space makes it impossible to display, not to mention added cost. I think one of the reason this release was hundreds $ cheaper than expected is the reserved base, which is just fine, I buy statue for the character not the base, save those elaborate bases for dioramas.

Just waiting for SS to put it up now!

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a weird one. I noticed it last night. But we were told previously that it would be 1/4 so I assume it is at least close to that.

Shouldn't be too long until it's up. I'll be flexing this one once it's up. I still can't believe this starts at $899. It's a lot of money of course, but relative to other similar products it is much less than I expected. Thanks Prime 1...

Hope so. Cracked Tusk and Fugitive are listed as 1/4 on the Prime 1 site and are priced closer to sideshow's predators.

Confused about the ex after the full reveal photos

1) it comes with 1x standalone ex disc that attaches to the side which can replace the standalone regular disc?
2) it comes with 1x ex hand holding a non removable disc? Or is the disc removable (much preferred) and you just get 1x ex disc to attach to hand or put on side
3) the regular has photos of the ex hand too I assume it’s just a mistake and doesn’t come with it
4) light up is battery I assume no ac adapter, and his plasma canon doesn’t light up only the bio mask targeting

This statue is perfect, the pose, price, and most of all the small footprint base. I hated a lot of prime 1 releases because of their massive base that takes up so much space makes it impossible to display, not to mention added cost. I think one of the reason this release was hundreds $ cheaper than expected is the reserved base, which is just fine, I buy statue for the character not the base, save those elaborate bases for dioramas.

Just waiting for SS to put it up now!

I believe the Ex is the following:

1 Ex hand with disc attached to it

The disc that’s attached to the thigh is simply removable for when you have the Ex hand displayed.

Hope the Jungle Hunter will cost about the same. I'd hoped for something $1K or under, but this is incredible. I wonder if the lower price is due to the more compact pose. Don't really want a Jungle Hunter to be doing the same thing as this one.

Their movie Aliens may be a different story, though. Crossing fingers they fall in a similar ballpark.

I suspect this lower than expected price is to preempt the competition in the form of the upcoming Infinity Studios City Hunter.

Just based on the specs released and the pictures we have it does appear to be 1/4.
Height for the wall-mounted version is approximately 24" with the smart disc. The height of the base and the height of the Predator appear to be equal in the pics. So that puts the crouching Predator at about 12", possibly 13".
Still, I would rather not assume anything. I'd like to know officially from Prime 1 what scale is used with this piece.

Last edited:
Non scale?

Hmmm that's why I think a true 1/4 Predator with gigantic base for only $950 seems unreal. This piece looks good and all but with overall length including spear is just 60 CM, the size of the predator himself may be best described as crouching 18" NECA with base. Not that it's bad, but I wish it to be bigger. Probably Prime1 save a full statue for later or waiting to see what other competitors will do?

Then again, I might got wrong assumption after seeing a pic that shows him holding spear and says "60 CM". I wish Prime 1 could use something like apple for comparison, to give us clear picture of the item's size.

Non scale?

Hmmm that's why I think a true 1/4 Predator with gigantic base for only $950 seems unreal. This piece looks good and all but with overall length including spear is just 60 CM, the size of the predator himself may be best described as crouching 18" NECA with base. Not that it's bad, but I wish it to be bigger. Probably Prime1 save a full statue for later or waiting to see what other competitors will do?

Then again, I might got wrong assumption after seeing a pic that shows him holding spear and says "60 CM". I wish Prime 1 could use something like apple for comparison, to give us clear picture of the item's size.

It's 60cm with the smart disk. Over 78cm with the spear. In other words, this is around two feet tall from the bottom of the base to the top of the helmet. The Predator takes up at least half of that and is crouching, which would put him at around two feet standing straight up (accurate 1/4 scale for an eight-foot character).

I’m starting to wonder if the crouching pose and wall mountable are part of their license criteria , to differentiate from other companies products ? , be interesting if these are part of the license or just choices made by P1

I’m starting to wonder if the crouching pose and wall mountable are part of their license criteria , to differentiate from other companies products ? , be interesting if these are part of the license or just choices made by P1
Or it could just be that P1 wanted to do something different, as every other company who have made Predator statues/maquettes have always done them with a standing pose...

Or it could just be that P1 wanted to do something different, as every other company who have made Predator statues/maquettes have always done them with a standing pose...

There's quite a few crouching P2's. The pose on this one is really close to that of the little old Sideshow diorama actually (A lovely little statue at the time) And the base is similar to that of the old palisades Triumphant statue, both also crouching.

Side note, and a long shot I'm sure. But I lost the shoulder cannon for my P1 diorama when I moved house. If anybody has spares from a broken piece, feel free to give me a shout. :)

LQnvqAf.jpg

9Qy2i3a.jpg

I mentioned that the pose on this was close to the old SSC diorama, I didn't quite realise how close until I put them next to each other however. I really liked that statue, I'm not unhappy about having something similar in 1/4 with a much better sculpt ;)

sMxDz4l.jpg

Back