Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What disgusting behaviour this company has shown this last week. They'll probably blame it on their system saying it wasn't adjusted to stop orders going through when they are on a public holiday.

Thanks for this. I'll be doing this myself so they can't take my final payment until they contact me with a final total.

You're REALLY welcome bud - it's great if we can turn a bit of pain for a few of us into helping out others.

It seems there are plenty of us that didn't realise that paying a deposit to PRIME1 meant they were added to our PayPal accounts as an "Active automated payment" supplier.

This is part PRIME1's fault for setting up their agreement with PayPal that way AND doing it without asking US, and part PayPal's fault for not telling us when that "feature" is automatically activated for a retailer.

I thought dealing with Sadshow was pretty bad, but even though PRIME1's art-direction, sculpting and QC is WAY superior to Sadshow, PRIME1's approach to customer communication & customer service is VERY MUCH lacking - and they can't use differing language bases as an excuse - they knew EXACTLY what they were doing regarding both the shipping re-quote fiasco AND the way they auto-charge.

As the Japanese would themselves say - they are somewhat lacking in honor.

Damn, that hurts. You happy to pay and accept the statue?

I wouldn't say I'm happy. It's the first statue I've bought in quite a while, and one I really want so I am going to begrudgingly eat the cost. However it has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. For all of Sideshows faults, Prime 1 could learn a lot from their customer service. I will be keeping a close eye on my Jungle Hunter and blocking the payment if necessary. No way I'm having a $250 shipping charge changed to an $800+ charge and being charged without permission.

Spike, thanks for the info regarding Paypal.

I'm a big fan of Prime 1, but they REALLY need to look into what's happened here and change their processes and communication.

Also, does anybody know how long standard shipping takes? I'm fully paid now but haven't been given any info regarding an actual shipping date. For $400+ shipping, I'd expect it to be fairly rapid.....

For those who recieved refunds, did Paypal charge you any fees? Currently have been charged $287 in fees for some reason. Will be contacting Paypal once Monday rolls around.

I'd block any further payments now, I actually did.
They can let me know full costs before taking anything else.

That's probably not a bad shout. I might actually get a response from them that way as well.....

Yeah - seriously Matt - do NOT let them get away with what they have done to several of us.

These people are not to be trusted.

Also, does anybody know how long standard shipping takes? I'm fully paid now but haven't been given any info regarding an actual shipping date. For $400+ shipping, I'd expect it to be fairly rapid.....

Going by time frames from buying directly from P1 on standard shipping to Aus in September last year, you'll receive a 'preparing for ready for shipment' email about a few days after full payment, followed by a tracking number within two to three days (so I think about a week for it to get packaged and ready on the plane with a tracking number). Should be then another 6 or 7 days or so for it to reach your home so just under two weeks altogether.

Going by time frames from buying directly from P1 on standard shipping to Aus in September last year, you'll receive a 'preparing for ready for shipment' email about a few days after full payment, followed by a tracking number within two to three days (so I think about a week for it to get packaged and ready on the plane with a tracking number). Should be then another 6 or 7 days or so for it to reach your home so just under two weeks altogether.

Thank you, not overly speedy then. I think my last Sideshow order arrived in 4 days which surprised me.

That's probably not a bad shout. I might actually get a response from them that way as well.....

I definitely would after what they’ve already done to you.

I stopped mine yesterday after Spike shared how to stop future payments. I’m not having them charge me 600 quid to ship a statue, it’s just ridiculous.

. . . I discovered that along with the "sneaky" addition to our PayPal accounts that allows PRIME1 to take money whenever they want (I removed that from PayPal), there is ALSO an agreement on our PRIME1 account - so I've now deleted THAT too! . . .

I haven't quoted my entire linked post that I just made on the PRIME1 Jungle Hunter thread (due to length), but thought it was worth highlighting this bit for you folks that may not be following that thread.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about settling for the standard on this guy. Sounds like their system - everything from software to customer service - is on the fritz. These kinds of problems are alarming enough when dealing with a domestic retailer, but internationally is another story.

Mine has shipped, I'm disappointed in Prime 1 currently, but I am at least looking forward to seeing this in hand.

Mine has shipped, I'm disappointed in Prime 1 currently, but I am at least looking forward to seeing this in hand.

Really looking forward to hearing you thought’s on this one. You never know, for $388 it might be on your doorstep tomorrow. :lol

Same here - we know we can rely on you for good photos and honest (and ACCURATE) opinion.

Hope you're blown away by this Matt.

Really looking forward to hearing you thought’s on this one. You never know, for $388 it might be on your doorstep tomorrow. :lol

Yeah, with a 1/4 Dutch strapped to it :lol (I know, wrong movie, but still) No ETA on the tracking system yet, I'm guessing it won't be too long.

Same here - we know we can rely on you for good photos and honest (and ACCURATE) opinion.

You know me, I'll be only too happy to share my honest opinions of it. I won't let my current opinions of Prime 1 as a company affect that. I'll try to get a few nice pics for you all. I actually like the Sideshow maquette for all of its faults, so I imagine I'll appreciate this one in person.

Out of interest, does anybody else have this one the way currently? The thread seemed to go quiet after the first couple shipped a while ago.

Back