Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

$500 isn't several hundred less than $600 :lol
I know what you're saying though and agree.

The Maq still goes for around £400 here in the U.K and I was lucky enough to get mine for around that price brand new.

You're actually helping me talk myself out of the IM released next week :lol

what i was saying wasn't with flipping it in mind or selling it…I'm saying look at doom: perfect representation of the character, awesome looking, different awesome portraits, and its 50 effin inches…so for 2k i can justify spending that much on, what I've seen, is a flawless piece…now compare that to pred 2, where the dredds, the spear and others are wrong with it, and its the same size as other products that are going for a 1/3 to half the price of it..its a little tough to justify when you could have a much bigger, better resembling piece that looks just as badass imo…i get it says limited edition and u want youre collectible to hold value per se, but also your (at least mine is) main motivation for buying pieces is to keep them and enjoy them and its because u like the character/sculpt…i don't even like dr doom and shiiiiit its blowing me away…i get limited edition isn't preferable to a big ES and I wish they would throw something on there but at the end of the day when its sitting in my house am i looking at it saying "yea the dredds, base, spear, bio mask suck, but it has a good ES, so I'm content with it?"; id rather be saying "look at this monstrous, perfect statue I bought for 2k, thats spot on and I'm never selling it, so to me its worth the world because of its awesomeness"…but thats just me…i totally get what ur saying tho w the es…n this all sucks bcz i LOVE predator!

Limited edition could be over in a week. I thought they would make the droids for an effin eternity....

If youre going to buy a statue that is LE, best be sure you really like the character and be prepared to lose money on it when it comes time to sell.

unless you buy it way under retail yourself :dunno

all my Open ES pieces so far:

Mark 3 LSF $1700 shipped
PO'd Doom for $1870 shipped
DROM pf reg $720 shipped
T-600 1:1 $600 shipped

Yea, it's still possible I may lose my money on these when the day comes to sell, even at the prices I payed, but at least we aren't talking hundreds in loss.

Open edition mean buy when you see in hand pics unless is something you really really want, like the hulk maquette for me.

I bought the droids reg when everyone else was saying they were gonna hold off. too many pressing POs up with ES. Then it all came crashing down. A scramble to PO. :lol

@ a2themonster.
Good luck finding your perfect 1/4 polystone Predator 2 statue.
I hear you but right at this moment it's this or nothing...
I'll happily take this :yess:

I honestly am more excited (even with the flaws) for this piece to be on my shelf than anything else i have on pre-order right now. I'm done complaining about pricing, it is what it is. All i know is that i NEED this statue. Its this, P1 Maquette, and the Wolf for me as far as SSC Predator statues go. I must own them all and i'm not going to cry about the price i have to pay to get them. I just want it, that is all.

I honestly am more excited (even with the flaws) for this piece to be on my shelf than anything else i have on pre-order right now. I'm done complaining about pricing, it is what it is. All i know is that i NEED this statue. Its this, P1 Maquette, and the Wolf for me as far as SSC Predator statues go. I must own them all and i'm not going to cry about the price i have to pay to get them. I just want it, that is all.

:goodpost:
I think everyone has had plenty of time to consider the price now. Lets get the ES out of the way, potentially more drama, then we can look forward to this beast! :impatient:

Yep, those 3 will be my only predator statues for now, don't need any others.

what i was saying wasn't with flipping it in mind or selling it…I'm saying look at doom: perfect representation of the character, awesome looking, different awesome portraits, and its 50 effin inches…so for 2k i can justify spending that much on, what I've seen, is a flawless piece…now compare that to pred 2, where the dredds, the spear and others are wrong with it, and its the same size as other products that are going for a 1/3 to half the price of it..its a little tough to justify when you could have a much bigger, better resembling piece that looks just as badass imo…i get it says limited edition and u want youre collectible to hold value per se, but also your (at least mine is) main motivation for buying pieces is to keep them and enjoy them and its because u like the character/sculpt…i don't even like dr doom and shiiiiit its blowing me away…i get limited edition isn't preferable to a big ES and I wish they would throw something on there but at the end of the day when its sitting in my house am i looking at it saying "yea the dredds, base, spear, bio mask suck, but it has a good ES, so I'm content with it?"; id rather be saying "look at this monstrous, perfect statue I bought for 2k, thats spot on and I'm never selling it, so to me its worth the world because of its awesomeness"…but thats just me…i totally get what ur saying tho w the es…n this all sucks bcz i LOVE predator!

I think most of us dont buy with the intent on flipping or selling a piece. I never want to get a piece that I dont like. But sometimes we get pieces that we just fall out of love with, or want to trade it in for for something better, or something comes up that we HAVE to sell it. Losing a few hundred (thats including shipping :lol ) doesnt exactly feel good. If you could get a good deal on something you know can get later why not take it and save your money now? But who knows, Maybe theyll stop production on Doom lsf?

[
azurepred said:
unless you buy it way under retail yourself

all my Open ES pieces so far:

Mark 3 LSF $1700 shipped
PO'd Doom for $1870 shipped
DROM pf reg $720 shipped
T-600 1:1 $600 shipped

Yea, it's still possible I may lose my money on these when the day comes to sell, even at the prices I payed, but at least we aren't talking hundreds in loss.

Those are all terrific deals.

I got my DROM for $650 flat. That person had to lose a few hundred, shipping included to sell it. And DROM is still LE and up for purchase direct.

Last edited:

In SS predator pieces. They shot themselves in the foot with releasing IMO SS best statue that they have ever produced. Being the Wold predator. When you give us something with a base/pose/options like the wolf. You have to make the next predator at least contend of not blow away the next one they release. The wolf is just a straight up masterpiece in the field of Collectibles. So it's like taking a step back looking at the P2.
By all means do not get me wrong tho. I think this thing is a great statue! But I hear all the complaints as well. It's a shame they couldn't help out the fans that have been foaming at the mouth that missed out on the wolf.
But am I wrong in thinking this piece is great for what it is? It is getting so much $h!t and I don't see why. You guys are not going to get another p2 that will compare in statue collecting. Mark my words that this statue will be very sought after in a few years from now.
I.e. predator 1/Wolf LSF..

In SS predator pieces. They shot themselves in the foot with releasing IMO SS best statue that they have ever produced. Being the Wold predator. When you give us something with a base/pose/options like the wolf. You have to make the next predator at least contend of not blow away the next one they release. The wolf is just a straight up masterpiece in the field of Collectibles. So it's like taking a step back looking at the P2.
By all means do not get me wrong tho. I think this thing is a great statue! But I hear all the complaints as well. It's a shame they couldn't help out the fans that have been foaming at the mouth that missed out on the wolf.
But am I wrong in thinking this piece is great for what it is? It is getting so much $h!t and I don't see why. You guys are not going to get another p2 that will compare in statue collecting. Mark my words that this statue will be very sought after in a few years from now.
I.e. predator 1/Wolf LSF..

:) :exactly:

For me P1 & P2 Maquette FTW :yess:

I want P2 being 1/3 scale jointed project lsf with extra details like Wolf. But that chance is gone I'd say.

I want P2 being 1/3 scale jointed project lsf with extra details like Wolf. But that chance is gone I'd say.

Yeah, next Predator to get the LSF treatment will probably be an AVP pred. Probably Scar as he was seen with and without a biomask (there's your two portraits option). He also used several weapons (there's your EX).

I just heard that this is missing the quills on the face.

The prototype piece is, I'm sure that aspect at least will be sorted for production...

Back