Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

:lol No!
I have 1355 available and 1880 pending. Once all my points are available, after this ships, I will get the Big Chap if still available.
Then bow out, sit back and enjoy :wink1:

You will never sit back and bow down!!!
Resistance IS futile!
MWAHAHAHA!!!!:borg:borg:borg

246qf5k.jpg

Hey all,

Are all p2 maquettes exclusives with 2 extra hands?

so there is not regular version or is this the regular version, so no exclusive?

First neca preds are not close to 1/4 scale. Second if anyone thought this would be under at least the price of the original Predator 1 maquette your :cuckoo:

Why would they sell it for less than the first one made 7 years prior. The wolf was the one that was over priced since it is the same size as these yet cost $800 more just for the LSF name.

First neca preds are not close to 1/4 scale. Second if anyone thought this would be under at least the price of the original Predator 1 maquette your :cuckoo:

Why would they sell it for less than the first one made 7 years prior. The wolf was the one that was over priced since it is the same size as these yet cost $800 more just for the LSF name.

The argument would be SWS involvement in the original Maquette but you're right. Especially about the Wolf being the way overpriced one.

Yes but sadly Stan is no longer around or is SWS and I dont think it would be right for them to add the name to it. The Wolf tho was no different than these maquettes in detail or size except they tossed it in the LSF line and charged more. Only real reason I didnt get one was I couldnt justify the extra grand just for the title change. This im still on the fence with but with inflation its understandable to be a tad more pricey.

Yes but sadly Stan is no longer around or is SWS and I dont think it would be right for them to add the name to it. The Wolf tho was no different than these maquettes in detail or size except they tossed it in the LSF line and charged more. Only real reason I didnt get one was I couldnt justify the extra grand just for the title change. This im still on the fence with but with inflation its understandable to be a tad more pricey.

I'm to passed on the Wolf LSB because of it's price. And I had another crack at him when I had some regrets on not getting him and placed myself on the waitlist, because a few month back the list converted. But - I've decided not to get him still. Maybe I wouldn't if I did not have him already represented in my collection, but already had the NECA figs, the HT Cleaner EX, the 1:1 plasma cannon, 1:1 spear, and also managed to get the ADI 1:1 bust for $1050 shipped a few month before the WL conversion, so that, combined with his price tag made it easy.

I got my wolf 3 days ago!!! Nothing can match that pose and awsome sliced alien base. But this thing is very cool in diffrent way. Posed museum style works for me. I just wish the breather mask was able to be put on his face. Still a beauty tho regardless. Congrats to all who get him!

I ordered.

should waited for es, that's a newbie move..disappointing. If es for ex is in the thousands, it is almost guaranteed you can pick it up after release for a nice discount.

I don't recall anyone having issues with the paint?

Neca 1:4? No thanks, I collect statues not toys :wink1:

who knows what's going to happen in the next ten months? Never mind longer :dunno :blissysmi

the Neca P1s were ok, but the P2 looks really bad in finish imo. Reminds me I have one mib in my closet I should sell. I have a custom painted Neca Pred that I will keep though

you have to remember, SS hired a private sculptor outside of their offices, the same guy that did the CM Alien (not cheap), they had to pay for ADI's assistance and then they have the regular license fees on top. Prolly still doesn't account for 2k, but it does account for more than the P2. Nobody is screaming inaccuracy on that piece (obvious inaccurate Bio) that costs 2k, yet people are more vocal about a 1200 item that has an inaccurate Bio and Spear.

On a side note - No one is getting priced out of the hobby. People were complaining and saying that when HT went from 120 to 150 to 180 to now 400, and they still buying. Same with PFs and other types of collectibles. If anything, people will get priced out of an item, a line, or manufacturer. If I like predators, terminators, or whatever, and cant afford SS, I will switch to NECA, or Hasbro, or whoever, but I will have my character represented in my collection

Sorry but I disagree. I think $1200 is pricing a huge majority out of this, me included. It isn't that I can't afford it, it is that I still have some sanity and will not be forced to pay such a huge amount where it is really not justified. This is just a PF with a different title and People are jumping on it because there is no alternative, that isn't good enough reason for me. Saying you can move to a budget brand so aren't being out priced is a non argument, I have zero interest in those. This is my chosen line, I collect few pieces that I really like and enjoy, therefor this price point if it is to remain and become the norm it has indeed pushed me out of the hobby.... or until SS injects a little passion and attention to detail into said line in which case I might be more inclined to hand them such a large amount of my money.

Sorry but I disagree. I think $1200 is pricing a huge majority out of this, me included. It isn't that I can't afford it, it is that I still have some sanity and will not be forced to pay such a huge amount where it is really not justified. This is just a PF with a different title and People are jumping on it because there is no alternative, that isn't good enough reason for me. Saying you can move to a budget brand so aren't being out priced is a non argument, I have zero interest in those. This is my chosen line, I collect few pieces that I really like and enjoy, therefor this price point if it is to remain and become the norm it has indeed pushed me out of the hobby.... or until SS injects a little passion and attention to detail into said line in which case I might be more inclined to hand them such a large amount of my money.

It's not Sideshow's problem if certain people can't afford their products.

What exactly we disagree on?
Are you priced out of the WHOLE HOBBY??? No, just out of this piece, maybe a few others. And that is EXACTLY what I've said, read my post again.
As for moving to lower brands on some items - I said that's what I do, doesn't mean others do it too.

If they'd collaborated with SWS or followed the source material closely, this would indeed warrant the $1.2K price tag. It's a cool-looking piece, but it's off. Inaccurate. In my opinion, the base is also uninspired.

The P1 maquette was arguably so definitive that if one bought that thing they'd never really need another P1 piece in their collection. This P2 just doesn't get the job done yet it's priced like a grail. If this looked like the character stepped off the screen, I'm sure people would be willing to pay even $1500. But that's not the case.

What exactly we disagree on?.

Where we disagree is that, I would consider being priced out of a line as being the same thing as being priced out of the hobby if that is your chosen line. I personally wouldn't buy a hot toys, which I have zero interest in just because I couldn't afford a statue. I think we all agree here that the P2 price is far from fair, so SS are indeed pricing people out of it. Which is a shame.

Didn't need to read the whole thing to see the complaining

Ironic...

that doesn't look right out of the movie to you Blade? Minus the base, looks exactly like the scene before he puts on the breather. If the ES is low, and paint app is descent, I guarantee this will be a 2k piece in the future. From the sounds of it, not too many people ordering, so who knows....

Where we disagree is that, I would consider being priced out of a line as being the same thing as being priced out of the hobby if that is your chosen line. I personally wouldn't buy a hot toys, which I have zero interest in just because I couldn't afford a statue. I think we all agree here that the P2 price is far from fair, so SS are indeed pricing people out of it. Which is a shame.

Ironic...

Again, you are missing my point. They priced you out of an item, or even a line, but NOT out of the hobby. Unless you are going to tell me that you are done buying collectibles....Which you are not - Enjoy your Mythos Fett, and make sure not to miss the Big Chap LSB which you are waiting to order :)

Back