Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers dude, some people say it devalue's the statue, I am in the collecting for having the best representation of my statue's, not making money and I cannot wait to get the 2 heads and the spear redone, that is my only nitpicks, the spear, and the 2 heads. Defiantly cannot wait for him to short out the egg shape of the bio helmet out. The rest of the statue is fantastic of what I have seen, my statue arrives in July, so say August you will see the 3 improvements that it truly deserves

That bio helmet cannot wait to sort it out to look like this

That is false, it adds to the value if done properly.
The fact is if its sealed and not opened then maybe it will go up in value, but once they see the improvements they want it and will pay higher. But yes most of us are set to keep this for a long time to come and ES of 400 is low.

That is false, it adds to the value if done properly.
The fact is if its sealed and not opened then maybe it will go up in value, but once they see the improvements they want it and will pay higher. But yes most of us are set to keep this for a long time to come and ES of 400 is low.

I do not know why I still keep my lord of the rings boxes, when I am never selling Sauron, Saruman and the Morgul Lord. I so cannot wait to see the artist sort out the egg shape on that bio helmet, which bothers me more than the unmasked head. The statue itself is fantastic, its just those 3 problems with it. Well he is an expert on this field so happy days if he does get all 3 problems right

When I buy my pieces locally, I wont even open my wallet until they open the box and check it for me.

Cheers dude, some people say it devalue's the statue, I am in the collecting for having the best representation of my statue's, not making money and I cannot wait to get the 2 heads and the spear redone, that is my only nitpicks, the spear, and the 2 heads. Defiantly cannot wait for him to short out the egg shape of the bio helmet out. The rest of the statue is fantastic of what I have seen, my statue arrives in July, so say August you will see the 3 improvements that it truly deserves

That bio helmet cannot wait to sort it out to look like this
Yes sir! Those are the three pieces that need the most attention.
Regarding devaluing of the product due to aftermarket modifications... yes. There certainly are collectors that prefer a product straight from the factory. Untouched and unmodified. For this piece, however, assuming your painter/sculptor correctly addresses the inaccuracies, I would expect your PM to be full of people asking for his number and how much he charged you. Cheers mate! :)

Yes sir! Those are the three pieces that need the most attention.
Regarding devaluing of the product due to aftermarket modifications... yes. There certainly are collectors that prefer a product straight from the factory. Untouched and unmodified. For this piece, however, assuming your painter/sculptor correctly addresses the inaccuracies, I would expect your PM to be full of people asking for his number and how much he charged you. Cheers mate! :)

Yea if they are sorted out, this statue will be amazing. That is the thing that annoys me, people saying it loses value, there is not a chance in hell I am selling and risking shipping this with the possible damage. It's the same has my sauron statue, no way I am selling and shipping that out with possibility of it breaking

I beg to differ on the Wolf I think part of the 2k price tag was the insane production costs associated with it It's just a lot more ambitious and complicated piece with several separately molded and produced parts. I remember spending A LOT of time putting him together. The P2 in comparison was very simple to put together Literally 1 min.

Chinese factory prices go up not down. With the high ambition of the piece also came a pretty high incidence of damage. Putting all that together and seeing the difficulties Sideshow had with this relatively straightforward piece I just don't think they'll ever go back to making more. Just not worth it with essentially zero profit margin.

if you sold it for 5-7k congrats but I don't think there is any chance of getting this again at MSRP from Sideshow reopening this one ... With everything that has happened I wouldn't be surprised to see them back slowly away from any more Pred pieces for awhile.

Couldn't agree more. His post is somewhat amazing for 1/3.5 statue. Normally, we seen this on 1/6 statues but it's very ambitious for SS to gave such dynamic post to a statue this big. Sure, years after you got "small" leg cracking but compared to what I've seen from new statues that actually "bent" (Saruman, Man of Steel, Queen of the Dead), despite having such museum "boring" post, I'm truly amazed of what SS could achieved even by today's standard.
Back to this statue, it looks good from a distance but so-so for up close. Maybe buying regular one in the future and put it in acrylic case.

How are you getting it to the guy who's doing the work?

I am going to message them to change the address of the statue, the statue will be sent to him he will fix the issues and he will ship it too me then. He's making me sure the paint app won't change too much, so it looks in scale with the rest of the statue.

Yeah, I know. Saying it's still a risk. Especially if he's adding quills

Look forward to seeing what he does with it.

Its a risk worth doing, as the 3 problems I have mentioned do bother me allot, I am sure he knows what he is doing. If he does get it right, damn I will have a dilemma on what look to go for, the Bio head? or the unmasked head?

I sent mine already, my painter said he will do the quills and send the head in another box separately.
A bit of touch up on paints, quills is about all I want to do.

Last edited:
Just received my exclusive and I must say this is impressive in person, you really need to see it to get a true sense of size and scale.

That said there are a lot of things I do like and a few things I dont, I will go over them briefly and want to compare this with Machiko and the P1. I do find the paint app on this ok overall the face could be a tad tighter with the details and the hands appear that like I thought the red looks to be a type of decal, same as they use for the eyes, if you look close you can see the dots around the edges. The base bone/teeth parts is just sloppy and really shouldnt have been done like that it takes away from the paint job that was on it. Nothing was broken and my spear is pretty straight but the bio mask on mine doesnt sit perfect in the back. It also looks like there is a full face behind that mask and I have a feeling the bio helmet could be detailed on the underside, since it originally was intended to be lifted off, gonna see if I could heat it up and pop it off carefully.

Overall I am really happy with what I got and it def has presence displayed.

will have pics and more later.

Just received my exclusive and I must say this is impressive in person, you really need to see it to get a true sense of size and scale.

That said there are a lot of things I do like and a few things I dont, I will go over them briefly and want to compare this with Machiko and the P1. I do find the paint app on this ok overall the face could be a tad tighter with the details and the hands appear that like I thought the red looks to be a type of decal, same as they use for the eyes, if you look close you can see the dots around the edges. The base bone/teeth parts is just sloppy and really shouldnt have been done like that it takes away from the paint job that was on it. Nothing was broken and my spear is pretty straight but the bio mask on mine doesnt sit perfect in the back. It also looks like there is a full face behind that mask and I have a feeling the bio helmet could be detailed on the underside, since it originally was intended to be lifted off, gonna see if I could heat it up and pop it off carefully.

Overall I am really happy with what I got and it def has presence displayed.

will have pics and more later.

Congrats!!!

Took a quick shot of the P1 and P2 together with each other. They display well together and the paint applications are relatively close to each other, I will probably get some flack for this next part but...

For me its hard to say which one has the better paint. the P1 mask has the winston origins, but it was painted in china. It has much more airbrush work and the skin markings are pretty much entirely painted with one. The P2 looks to have a base of airbrush work but the black on the body is either brush or stencil work. the red on the hands is a decal you can see the dot matrixing on the edges of the spots. the face looks to be mostly brush work for the red. None of that is necessarily a bad thing just makes it a little inconsistent overall.

the piece has a nice presence and comparing the sculpt and armor details between the two and they work well together. They look as if they might have been sculpted by the same people, when that isnt the case. The biggest part sculpt wise would have to be the dredds. the p1 has more details to them where the p2 ones are really smooth.

If they fixed the issues people brought up then this would have really been perfect.

I still would recommend this statue to anyone that wanted to get it. Will also say that seeing the wolf and P1 next to it has to be impressive.

Photobucket isnt let me upload more pics but attached one here for everyone to check out.

Attachments

• DSC_0099.jpg
    DSC_0099.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_0095.jpg
    DSC_0095.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. His post is somewhat amazing for 1/3.5 statue. Normally, we seen this on 1/6 statues but it's very ambitious for SS to gave such dynamic post to a statue this big. Sure, years after you got "small" leg cracking but compared to what I've seen from new statues that actually "bent" (Saruman, Man of Steel, Queen of the Dead), despite having such museum "boring" post, I'm truly amazed of what SS could achieved even by today's standard.
Back to this statue, it looks good from a distance but so-so for up close. Maybe buying regular one in the future and put it in acrylic case.

*What Studio ADI achieved cause they designed, sculpted, and painted it. SS basically just produced it to an ok standard and **** up the netting. There's a reason you don't see stuff like that from SS, and it's cause they didn't do it :p

^
^
Still, SS did an OK job if you asked me. Compared to what I've seen from them these days I mean.

Back