Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

What happened with that 'fiasco' then bud? Not aware of that...

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.
It was bad in pretty much every way, but some people still ordered it anyway like this piece. Then, to further punish people the QC and materials were bad and they denied a lot of returns for obvious problems. If that happens with this piece you will be out quite a bit of money.

It was bad in pretty much every way, but some people still ordered it anyway like this piece. Then, to further punish people the QC and materials were bad and they denied a lot of returns for obvious problems. If that happens with this piece you will be out quite a bit of money.

Oh right... Lol. Well hopefully if Sideshow get funny about QC issues etc I have friends in legal departments and will seek advice there. However I feel it won't resolve to that. Fingers crossed anyways. I just want to buy and enjoy a nice Predator 2 Maquette ;)

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Thanks for the updates guys.

LATEST confirmed preorders HERE and on Statue Forum since this went up (again) at the start of April.

Total of 21 between us.

April%202015%20re-preorder%20v3.0_zpslojsigku.jpg

I found this interesting (yet MORE ways to avoid work . . . :) )

• When this originally went up for preorder at the end of Oct 2013, the collected list from the 2 forums was at 50 total after 3 weeks.
• THIS time round, we’re at only 23 after 5½ weeks.​

So – half the numbers in twice as long.

Based on that. there's no question that sales have been impacted by the cancellation, no improvements regarding the sculpt issues, concerns over QC and people getting increasingly vexed with SideShow's attitude.

I know you've already preordered - but it really DOES fall down to the process flow in this post https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...y-hunter-1-4-maquette-po-446.html#post7704033

At the end of the day - if you like what you see and are prepared to take the risk - go for it. It doesn't matter what OTHERS think - it's YOU that's paying so YOU are entitled to do what YOU want to on this.

I hope that Sideshow break their QC trend with Pred pieces on this, but since the sample shown now bugs the heck out of me there's really no reason for me to take that risk. It could turn up like the proto and it would still annoy me.

Pointless ordering while still readily available. I'm happy to wait and see the final product.
I'd rather be on a WL then handing over 10%.

I have a different problem - Would have ordered it if they kept the original flex plan. With that one, I could still have 1-2 figs on order, but now, it's getting too steep for me.
Too bad.

The 10% doesn't have any effect on the price. You'll still be paying $1200 either way, $120 upfront or not

It does however sit in somebody else's account for months on end and is non refundable if things start turning up looking like the Iron Patriot. Lets hope these don't of course. I'm sure Col just means it is sensible to wait in a case like this with a very expensive product that has a relatively high ES.

It does however sit in somebody else's account for months on end and is non refundable if things start turning up looking like the Iron Patriot. Lets hope these don't of course. I'm sure Col just means it is sensible to wait in a case like this with a very expensive product that has a relatively high ES.

Didn't know 400 is considered high these days

Back