Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator City Hunter Statue and LSF @ SDCC???

the original was 1k and that was almost 10 years ago. You have to add inflation.

It's tough because the Legendary figures are well overpriced making the differences hard to judge.

If the Sauron PF is $900 and almost 3 foot tall I don't see how they could possibly justify over a thousand for a P2 PF. The Gladiator Hulk again looks like a massive detailed piece and is only $600.

The original Maq was clearly well over priced at the time. I hate the way SS calls all these pieces different names to justify ripping people off. If this is another P2 "Maquette" then expect to get screwed.

If it's a PF it should be no more than $600-800.

All in my opinion of course. P2 is my favourite character in the Predator series and I have bought expensive things in the past but I may have to pass if they try to come up with some retarded price for it.

Call me crazy but I still love the NECA 1/4 scales. There's nothing wrong with them at all apart from being plastic.

It's tough because the Legendary figures are well overpriced making the differences hard to judge.

If the Sauron PF is $900 and almost 3 foot tall I don't see how they could possibly justify over a thousand for a P2 PF. The Gladiator Hulk again looks like a massive detailed piece and is only $600.

The original Maq was clearly well over priced at the time. I hate the way SS calls all these pieces different names to justify ripping people off. If this is another P2 "Maquette" then expect to get screwed.

If it's a PF it should be no more than $600-800.

All in my opinion of course. P2 is my favourite character in the Predator series and I have bought expensive things in the past but I may have to pass if they try to come up with some retarded price for it.

Call me crazy but I still love the NECA 1/4 scales. There's nothing wrong with them at all apart from being plastic.

overpriced at it's time? lol. People would beg to get that same maquette for 1k now.

I can't see how this won't be 1:4 scale, branded LSF and run $1600 given what they did with Wolf.
I don't think it will be 2k, given there won't be an Alien on the base.

$600-800 seems a more realistic figure
Did you manage to get a 'savage' LSB SS?

I do like the open mouth better and I would only have bought that one. Unfortunately SS decided it would be a great idea to release a retardidly low number and about a 24 hour window to buy it.....

Good on ya SS!

overpriced at it's time? lol. People would beg to get that same maquette for 1k now.

Because it's rare and there's no alternative. Not because it's worth $1000. Also I'm sure it was like a 300 edition size. You'd never get that now, more like 3000.

People would pay Legendary scale figure prices for a Doom PF but that doesn't make it worth that.

The Hulk Maquette is $650 from memory, I don't see how a (hollow) Predator should be much more but I know it won't roll like that. :)

CM? Possibly better?
Still hard to find though.

That's what I'm saying the CM is the only predator worth collecting for 1/4 scale collectors and it was a tiny edition and expensive.

The statue's are too small (1/5th I think?)

It's amazing really that such an easy money venture like the Predator doesn't have a PF.

Make a predator PF at a 3000-4000 edition size with an exclusive and it'll sell out easily. It's like the easiest money after Superman/Batman and possibly Star Wars.

Do it SS!!

There is the Predator maquette by ss and sws which is 1/4 scale...
Best original Predator piece out there IMO.

That's what I'm saying the CM is the only predator worth collecting for 1/4 scale collectors and it was a tiny edition and expensive.

I'll take the 1/5 statue any day over the CM and wait it out.
I don't like the CM pose, the price tag, the scale or the way they do business (one character per franchaise).
Seems like a pretty dead line as well when it comes to Alien vs predator vs Terminator.
So to me it's not in competition for my money or space with Sideshow Maquettes, LSFs or PFs.

I'll take the 1/5 statue any day over the CM and wait it out.
I don't like the CM pose, the price tag, the scale or the way they do business (one character per franchaise).
Seems like a pretty dead line as well when it comes to Alien vs predator vs Terminator.
So to me it's not in competition for my money or space with Sideshow Maquettes, LSFs or PFs.

The CM is the best statue I've ever seen...
Period!

yeah but I'm talking about dishing out the crazy money for it as well... not worth it to me no way. I wouldn't even pay the 2k except to resell it.

It's amazing really that such an easy money venture like the Predator doesn't have a PF.

Make a predator PF at a 3000-4000 edition size with an exclusive and it'll sell out easily. It's like the easiest money after Superman/Batman and possibly Star Wars.

Do it SS!!

That doesn't make sense, cm is 1/3 scale and the maquette is 1/4. The cm ES isn't that small, 600-700 is a lot for a 2k piece.

yeah but I'm talking about dishing out the crazy money for it as well... not worth it to me no way. I wouldn't even pay the 2k except to resell it.

I hope you don't buy any SS LSFs then cause the cm pred is the best manufactured piece that's ever been made for 2k IMO. Doom would be close, but he'll be more.

I hope you don't buy any SS LSFs then cause the cm pred is the best manufactured piece that's ever been made for 2k IMO. Doom would be close, but he'll be more.

well I have wolf. I wouldn't waste the space on the CM... boring pose.

Re: Predator City Hunter Statue and LSF!

We were discussing the potential price of a 1:4 P2. An LSF would be a guaranteed $2,000.

I'm hoping a P2 LSF would be cheaper if the base was boring... But I am hoping for a cool base... maybe part of a building like on the Palisades P2 statue.

Back