Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

I cancelled it. Mostly due to financial and space reasons.

I decided to pick 1 predator movie to collect and stick with that.

I was going to go with "Movies Bill Paxton has been killed in". He's been killed by an Alien, Predator and a Terminator.

But in the end I think I will be going with just P1 because of the military type action it has.

I'd actually buy a savage version if I found one at a decent price, I think with a nice repaint it would look pretty cool. You shouldn't struggle shifting it.

really curious how many of us pumped to get this bad boy....... who thinks this will be best?? i seen some posts abt inaccuracy which r the factors we should worry abt this statue

Can live with the dreads and small spear but this needs a good paint application for $1,200.
Quils are a must also imo.

really curious how many of us pumped to get this bad boy....... who thinks this will be best?? i seen some posts abt inaccuracy which r the factors we should worry abt this statue

Sculpted by the "same" team that did the LSB's - so no idea what went wrong here (well - that's a lie - I actually DO have a pretty good idea what happened :rolleyes: ).

Revised “IMO – YMMV” issues :horse :medic :chase

Heads
01) Right-angled dreds on both portraits
02) Mask wrong on the masked portrait
03) No quills on unmasked portrait
04) Closed-mandible face looks too feminine​

Spear
05) Spear too short/thin​

Base
06) Teeth (Gary Busey’s apparently) on base look goofy (pun intended)
07) Skulls on base are random & naff
08) General base design is poor and has nothing to do with the movie​

Other
09) No stand to display the alternate portrait (* think they have now said one WILL be provided *)
10) Extras on EX poorly thought out & sadly lacking
11) Overall pose looks too feminine
12) Overpriced
13) QC will likely suck resulting in factory damage & poor paintwork (* educated speculation - we'll have to wait and see on this one *)
14) I hate disco, rap & country music (* documented fact *)​

Can live with the dreads and small spear but this needs a good paint application for $1,200.
Quils are a must also imo.

Can't believe you want quills over fixing those dreads Col, they are the single biggest negative aspect for me. I'll change them if I can. Quills are an easy fix, although I agree we shouldn't have to do it given the price. I am excited to have this in hand though.

HMS, I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think the pose is feminine at all, I think it's pretty perfect in fact, that is why I bit the bullet and ordered it ultimately.

Not that a big deal to me Matt. It won't be displayed next to a reference picture and I think we all know it's not going to be fixed.
He needs quills. Just looks odd without them and I don't want to fart around with cocktail sticks and glue after spending £850 on him.

HMS, I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think the pose is feminine at all, I think it's pretty perfect in fact, that is why I bit the bullet and ordered it ultimately.

It's Narin's fault - he's TOTALLY spoiled me for every other Predator sculptor out there :)

i am def def looking forward to this piece…dare i say more than my apocalypse pf which gets here monday!! :rock

I think this piece will be awesome and I have nothing but confidence that it's going to rock. Glad I ordered it.

Hey guys, just after some opinions. I'm trying to work out a deal with a fellow collector to get the original P1 Maquette (regular, not exclusive) for $2000 shipped. It's a grail piece for me, and one I've been after for a long time. Do you think this price is worth it, or should I just wait for the P2 Maquette instead?

Edit: Forgot to mention, it's brand new as well.

Last edited:
Back