Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter Maquette

This is an awesome maquette but I can't afford 1500.00...I'm out.

Snape.gif

spiderman_crying.gif
keep_zpse1f30478.jpg

The original Predator Maquette was $999 many years ago...Sideshow has cranked up their prices considerably since then and they are going to milk this statue. I will be VERY happy if it is $1k, but it ain't going to happen.

Why was the original SS Pred that much? I've always wondered that.

SWS made the thing. For the Wolf LSF, SS hired a very expensive sculptor, plus the ADI license + the super low ES on in. This is in house and will have a very large ES.

To be specific I'm thinking $1000-$1200.

$900 me thinks

SWS made the thing. For the Wolf LSF, SS hired a very expensive sculptor, plus the ADI license + the super low ES on in. This is in house and will have a very large ES.

$900 me thinks

oohhhhhhhhh....that makes sense then.

I guess $799.

I don't think this will go over a grand to be honest, but Sideshow sure likes boning us so who knows.

I really want this so right now price and final product paint apps will be the deciding factor.

P2 has always been my favorite predator design and film...been waiting for this maquette for years. :monkey2

you've been around for a long time, figured you knew that

i think it was released shortly before I found SS or sometime around then. Spending that much on a statue was insane to me so I never looked it other than pics.....my how things have changed. lol

Well, let's put it this way because we're talking about SSC...

...once the exhorbitant price is announced, we'll all be needing this:

vaseline.jpg

Could this be a LSF??? Look at the pics with the mask - The figure seems to be x 2.5 the height of that mask, which will make it way over 1/4.

I can't accept this size comparison for two reasons.

1) the angle of the pieces are totally different.

2) We're trusting in the ability of Paris to guesstimate between two pictures of two pieces that don't yet exist in the same geographic location.

That said, based on what I can see compared to the 1:1 mask, this is definitely 1/4 scale. How it measure up to previous 1/4 Preds will have to be seen later.

Based on P1 being $1000 back in the day, and Wolf being over that, I would not be surprised if this comes in at $1000 or more. However, I can also see it being around $800. We'll see. Can't wait for pre-order info. It's a Holy Grail piece for sure and won't likely be done better. (hate that mask though)

Sideshow had like 7 years to mull this over and this is the pose they come up with...
The Eastern Building scene with raised spear in the right hand and Lambert's spine and skull in the left. It was such a simple no brainer and yet we get this wonky legged Predator standing some made up base.
I swear they sabotage themselves by over thinking.

Sideshow had like 7 years to mull this over and this is the pose they come up with...
The Eastern Building scene with raised spear in the right hand and Lambert's spine and skull in the left. It was such a simple no brainer and yet we get this wonky legged Predator standing some made up base.
I swear they sabotage themselves by over thinking.

May be this will be the 1/5 scale :dunno

Back