Premium Format Power Girl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to give an honest review of what I think are the statues faults so people weren't surprised by them when they received it. I didn't think my review was forceful or bitter at all. Just my honest opinion. If you're spending this kind of money on a statue you should know about any imperfections before buying it. I have no desire to return it and I think anyone that buys it will probably be happy with it but it's not without faults. As I said put together, in a showcase, under led lights, where mine is, I think she's beautiful.

I personally agree with most of what you said. What it boils down to is that it is a nice statue but its not as nice as it should be for the price. Mine was free (used reward points) and I still wasn't all that thrilled with it.

I do think people are putting the button in the cape wrong. Should be inserted from the inside out, not the outside in. That's why you see a little bit of the pin sticking out of the cape and the pinhole.

I love this piece, but I agree with muncy, I wish they'd went a different route with the cape clasp. Maybe I'm still on a high about converting and I'll be more critical down the road, but for now, very happy.

Then return it :huh going on some diatribe about it isn't changing anyone's mind

The guy is just giving his opinion about the statue, he's not trolling or anything so I'm not sure why a mod is jumping on his case about it.. Personally I think he has a couple valid points..

So I got my exclusive in today and I honestly think this statue is getting way too much praise. Before I start and everyone gets bent out of shape I do think it's a good looking statue but at the price we pay it deserves some nitpicking and I don't think this statue is a home run. In every statue I have seen including mine the right eye seems to be looking left but the left eye is straight. Even in the website pictures. Now you can only really notice this if you stare at the eyes for a minute. The hair could have been more detailed but it's not bad. The base is well done if you're at a distance or in HD photos but if you feel it or look real close it honestly doesn't look much better than a mattel toy base made of cheap plastic, polystone, pvc, bla, bla point is it looks like a walmart toy base not a $400 statue base. Now the one I have the most problems with that I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet is the cape. This is a horrible design. If the cape isn't on she has a huge hole in her chest. If it is on the cape button, snap, or whatever you want to call it doesn't even go in the hole all the way so it's sticking out of her like a damn faucet or lawn sprinkler or something. What an awful design. All that being said I do like this statue and put together, under led lights, in a showcase where she belongs it looks great. I just felt like nobody had put it under the microscope yet and that's one of the great things about this forum you can go and see what people think before you buy. If I hadn't already preordered it and looked on this thread I would have been like damn this must be the best statue Sideshow has done in years but I think that's simply not the case and thought it should be posted.

That's a great little review man! Nice to see some honesty in a well written critique from someone not biased.

Here are pics of mine for what its worth. Came out great absolutely love it! Bring on Lex Please...
20160121_074602.jpg20160121_074525.jpg20160121_074349.jpg20160121_074340.jpg20160121_074256.jpg

This is my first premium format and I love it. I got it quite soon after release but have only just been able to set it up. I might as well include some pics to keep up tradition!

There is a bit of a gap between the neck and the uniform when the head is on, you might notice. Like I said, this is my first foray into premium formats (usually a sixth scale guy) ... any tips on how to fix it?

Dammit ... now I have the premium format bug ...

If slightly moving the head while inside the neck doesn't fix that noticeable gap, then contact SS for a replacement head. Make sure there is nothing inside either the neck or the head that's preventing a tight fit. I hope SS doesn't tell you that's a normal acceptable gap and they won't do anything for you. Sometimes they will tell you that story especially with the foot on the base.

Back