Premium Format Power Girl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay this is where it gets a little messy. Supposedly since on Earth 2 Superman didn't become Superman until adulthood, the first official appearance of Earth one is with Superboy's first appearance in 1944. Since the Silverage and Barry Allen First Start in 1956 it can be said the original appearance of Supergirl in 1959 is actually earth one Supergirl and she is Kara Zor-el, not Zor-L. Zor-L as Powergirl as previosuly mentioned wasn't named until 1976 and supposedly even though she is the person as Supergirl it has never been said that she ever wore the Supergirl outfit.

And people say comics history isn't fun, bah you new 52 bastards.

This is why I prefer marvel over Dc

If they're smart they would base all their female statues off artgerm's designs. The mans a comicbook art genius.

If they're smart they would base all their female statues off artgerm's designs. The mans a comicbook art genius.

He's fantastic. Although, I must say that Adam Hughes is still the master of the female form for me personally. This is in no way meant to be a slight to artgerm. He's obviously an incredible talent.

I may be mistaken, but I think it was part of the Earth 2 reticoned so to speak when they reintroduced Earth 2 PreCrisis that Powergirl was just Supergirl all grown up. Also, the Earth 2 Superman had a name change to Kal-L when he was originally Kal-El if I am not mistaken. They did the name changes so that people didn't get to confused. So Kara Zor-L IS the original Kara Zor-El prior to all of DC's mumbo-jumbo.

Not quite. Kara Zor-L (Earth Two) is technically separate from Kara Zor-El (Earth 2). Power Girl (Zor-L) existed from 1985-2011 and is famous for her convoluted origin story, but finished her career with a very strong solo series that highlighted her strength as a uniquely self-aware powerhouse character. Karen Starr (Zor-El) of the New 52 has a simplified story to fit DC's new direction and was horribly mishandled.

It might seem like semantics, but I think it's an important distinction as the personalities, style, and series are different. I have a hard time acknowledging anything past Flashpoint, granted, but that's a discussion for another time.

That said, I fully understand many people just know her as the girl with the cleavage window, and they'll buy the PF just for that. Kudos to Sideshow for keeping the proportions relatively tame and believable, and from what I can see from the preview, capturing the spirit of Power "L not El" Girl.

He's fantastic. Although, I must say that Adam Hughes is still the master of the female form for me personally. This is in no way meant to be a slight to artgerm. He's obviously an incredible talent.

oh hughes is a definite win for sure, but if push came to shove i would take artgerm all day every day.

By the way for those who are visiting SDCC, please swing by my table at the artists alley EE05 and say hi. Sketchbooks and art prints with limited quantity will be for sale. :)
Man...I would buy that Catwoman print so fast if I were going, but alas I can't go. :(

oh hughes is a definite win for sure, but if push came to shove i would take artgerm all day every day.

I understand. That's how I feel about Hughes. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the very talented work of artgerm. Both are phenomenal at what they do. I just prefer Adam's work above all others when it comes to the female form.

Back