Pottermore

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to sign in today and jump my place in line. It didn't prompt me for a house, just let me know I'll get a BETA email soon.

Gryffyndor!

I actually tried for Slytherin - so much for trying to beat the system...

Love the extra stuff - things like why the Potterverse uses imperial measurements rather than metric are very entertaining.

And brewing potions? this is for kids? I can't imagine a 12 year old getting this real quick. But that's what's great - this doesn't seem to be aimed at kids. The extra materials is more stuff that adults would find cool.

I don't know that I'll have much time to explore it but it is a great idea and likely to become extremely popular.

I like it a lot too. Wish they had more books available as I finished chapter one already and I'm now brewing potions to get house points.

The graphics are beautiful and I love all the extra information that is available. Looking forward to when the site offers more than the first book.

So I finally get my email and I start into Pottermore and I get this message:
We are sorry Pottermore is currently unavailable.
Please come back later and try again.

I feel like Schleprock.

I keep getting that message as well.....keep trying though. I'll get that message and then be able to get on a short time later.

I believe you need to explore the stories and once you pass chapter 7 you get sorted.

You are correct. You don't get sorted until you get to that part in the story where Harry gets sorted.

Got my email yesterday and I only got to get my wand. I put it down after that cause I wanted to play gears3 so after that I'll go more into it to get sorted. I'm hoping for Ravenclaw or Slytherin

Tried to get back in and it was "too busy".

Seems there are a few glitches too - I can't figure out how to do spells, but I think that's a glitch. But I finally got the practice potion done! Yay!

The potions are frustrating. Nothing worse than waiting 90+ minutes for your potion to brew and then you screw up at the end. :(

The sight has been glitchy today and I kept getting the busy message as well. If it's like this with around 500,000 members, I can't imagine what it will be like when it's open to everyone. I hope they get better servers or something.

woo hoo :rock i got sorted into Ravenclaw :yess:

and my wand is:
Length: 12 1/2 in
Wood: Ash
Core: Dragon
Flexibility: Unyielding

Ravenclaw here.
Wand is Cypress and Unicorn, Ten inches, Slightly Springy

Haven't been successful in doing any potions yet but have finally figured out spells (I think). Otherwise, have gone through each chapter and finished all the collectings, etc., for Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone. Cannot activate Chamber of Secrets. Anyone else having the same issue? What should I be doing to "explore"
that book?

Chamber of Secrets won't be open until I think next year. At least that's what I heard.

End of October you can start signing up, but they are going to allow access in stages. So you may sign up, but not get your welcome email until weeks later. The site is fairly glitchy now with around 615,000 members. They need to work out a lot of kinks to have it ready for all the people that are going to join when it's open to everyone.

Chamber of Secrets won't be open until I think next year. At least that's what I heard.

:gah: Wish I hadn't gone through the chapters in "Stone" so quickly. Now all I've got to look forward to is the potions until the second book is enterable. And they're frustrating. and I don't wanna do 'em. :monkey4

:gah: Wish I hadn't gone through the chapters in "Stone" so quickly. Now all I've got to look forward to is the potions until the second book is enterable. And they're frustrating. and I don't wanna do 'em. :monkey4

I've got potions down now. I don't mind it much...I'll have something brewing while I do other things. I do hope they get the dueling back up soon.

But yeah...not a lot to do. I really loved the graphics and all the additional information provided..but once you finish the book...not much else to do.

Slytherin is neck and neck with Ravenclaw..and I'm competitive...so I'll keep brewing for as long as our scores remain so close. But once the house cup is awarded or one house pulls way ahead where it would be very difficult to catch up, I'll probably not be participating as much as I am now.

Super bump!!

So after almost a year I have finally logged on for the first time. Anyone still doing this? They seemed to have opened up the 2nd book now but I don't know if that's new.

My stats:

Name: BronzeUnicorn45
House: Ravenclaw
Length: 12 1/4 in
Wood: Dogwood
Core: Phoenix Feather
Flexibility: Slightly Springy

Add me to your friends!

Back