POTC Animated Davy Jones Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GGC

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think the POTC Maqueetes from GG don't get all the love they deserve. I loved the Jack and Davy arrives yesterday and again I love it but I don't see these getting any love anywhere and they are selling cheap on ebay, I guess a lot of people are not into the style. Pics are below. I wish this much detail could go into the SW and LOTR Maquettes.

closeup1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

closeup3.jpg

closeup4.jpg

Nice pics! I have Davy and Jack and both are fantastic pieces. If you like the animated style, these are some of the best GG has done.

GG unveiled Will Turner at SDCC, which looks really good, and GG previewed a prototype of Barbossa at SDCC. Can't wait to get him to add to the collection.

Nice pics! I have Davy and Jack and both are fantastic pieces. If you like the animated style, these are some of the best GG has done.

GG unveiled Will Turner at SDCC, which looks really good, and GG previewed a prototype of Barbossa at SDCC. Can't wait to get him to add to the collection.

I agree with you 100%. When I first got Jack and he was on a shelf with mt LOTR and SW Maquettes, they seems so "Plain" next to him, and then when Davy arrives, he and Jack look good together, they just seem to blow away all the rest. I can't wait for the res, I wonder if it will end with the 6 of them.

I agree with you 100%. When I first got Jack and he was on a shelf with mt LOTR and SW Maquettes, they seems so "Plain" next to him, and then when Davy arrives, he and Jack look good together, they just seem to blow away all the rest. I can't wait for the res, I wonder if it will end with the 6 of them.

The only one I haven't been impressed with is Elizabeth, only because I think the style and facial expression in the animated form don't correspond to her character on the screen. I wouldn't mind seeing Norrington, Sao Feng, Bootstrap Bill and Tia Dalma in animated form.

This has been my favorite line from GG so far. Hope they get around to doing Tia Dalma soon. From the animated renditions of her she will have the potential of being the best one of the bunch.

I bought this off ebay yesterday, and can't wait to get it. I'm happy his skin color wasn't quite as bright as the promo shots. Man.... I love Davy Jones.

Here's my boy, Will, from SDCC (dig those crazy big boots!)

Will-Maquette.gif

The Barbosa prototype is amazing as well (I'd post a pic, but I don't want the GG secret police after me --he was one of those "no photographs" displays). Lots of great character in the sculpt --even has Jack the undead monkey screeching away on his shoulder.

Hopefully the line will continue for a while (though I'm not a huge fan of the Elizabeth figure, either --not a particularly dynamic sculpt IMHO)

:arr

One thing we learned from SDCC is that the "no photography" labels actually means "not approved from licensor". well, it meant it there anyway...

Pictures are pretty, me likes pictures

:monkey3

My D. Jones will be here next Tuesday. I can't wait! and I should be getting Elizabeth in Oct.

I have been blown away with POTC and LOTR animated peices with the exception of Elizabeth... I just don't see Kierra in this peice at all.

I can't wait to see and get more.

Davy and Will are posted Above, Here is Jack:

POTC_maqJack.jpg

Liz Swann

d_3621.jpg

And there is no final Barbosa yet.

Will and Barbossa are both up for pre-order at razorsedgecollectables.com

Barbossa looks pretty good...
Gentle%20Giant%20POTC%20Animated%20Captain%20Barbossa%20Maquette.jpg

I do wish the base was something other than sand though.

Not to go off topic but I would love to see a Hot Toys Davy Jones figure.

Never liked the Jack, Davy Jones is good but could use a repaint....Will and Elizabeth are fine but the one I'll pick up is Barbossa. That is the best of the bunch and I love Jack the monkey on his shoulder and the bucket of Apples....perfect.

Agreed on all counts. I do really dig all the animated SW and LOTR maquettes, but it feels like the paint apps are a little better on these POTC maquettes. Perhaps Disney is a little more strict about QC on those apps.

I also think that the added 'blend' of color into the folds, etc. to create creases/shadow on the POTC figures really makes these look a little more impressive than the straight-up 'flat' colors of all the SW and LOTR maquettes.

Love them all though, but Davy is my current fave...it just looks really awesome! Can't wait for Barbossa! :D

Back