Post your favorite custom GI Joe /Military/ Historical inspired figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, obviously that German taking the round is glued up! And what about making the fabric hang more naturally, does one accomplish this with starch or the like? I'm guessing they weather, shade and highlight the fabric with pastels, no?

Now these customs, are they glued up? I see alot of them have wrists that have been puttied over to hide the joints and such, but will the modeler totally glue up the whole figure to hold the pose? I am originally a figure painter (54mm and such) so I'm curious to see how similarly this medium is treated. Thanks

I'm honestly not 100% positive but I think Twisting Toys or someone made something like SS uses on their Dead figures, where the entire forearm is a solid piece which connects just below the elbow joint.

It looks awesome for these pieces but it isn't ideal for most 1/6 projects.

And like I said, I could be dead wrong, but I recall hearing something like that.

I would say the joints are probably glued or puttied. Im sure Vettius has his own technique he uses, but I would imagine it's something of that sort. The clothes might also be washed in a glue/ water mix to acheive that 'movement' feel to them. Thin wire might also be used in some places as well to hold certain poses.

This is one of many:

533351eaf1e342a11b43128f5f8e7f9610fc65f.JPG

Back