Action Figure Military Customs post your pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shocktrooper_au

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, doesn't seem to be a thread for customs here, since a couple of the other sections have a space for relevant customs thought it would be good this section to have one too. Feel free to post ur pics here & share our love of military figs both old & new.
Personally I love most military history from Ancient Greece to modern gear. I'd like to show you the start of my next project the start of a greek Hoplite, I'm planning to custom sculpt all the armour & shield and fit to a HT muscular body...I'm going to try to recreate actual historical arms and armour rather then the movie versions, the bottom pic is a test fit to a HT head

again post your military customs too
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice figures, I really like the artic guy, I've got someone turning some timber into a shield that I can cast for my hoplites, keep em coming guys don't be shy

@ steve - nice weathering work you did on the TTM16 bash(1764 A pos).. btw, what did you use to weather the guy?

Thanks guys. Dusty, I used tamiya weathering and crushed pastels mixed with water. Water is the key, I wet my figures and my brushes then paint it on. Water also help with the blending the weathering and molds the clothing to the body so it looks more natural.

Thanks guys. Dusty, I used tamiya weathering and crushed pastels mixed with water. Water is the key, I wet my figures and my brushes then paint it on. Water also help with the blending the weathering and molds the clothing to the body so it looks more natural.

:goodpost:

Thanks so much Steve.. Will do the water method.. I just use the tamiya weathering kit.. But felt something was missing.. Well I guess it's the water.. Again.. Thanks for the advice..

Awesome stuff, guys!:clap

Here's a quick bash using most of the parts from the SS USMC 2nd MEB set:

Military_Figures_0243.jpg
Military_Figures_0204.jpg
Military_Figures_0223.jpg
Military_Figures_0233.jpg
Military_Figures_0271.jpg
Military_Figures_0135.jpg
Military_Figures_0194.jpg
Military_Figures_0261.jpg
Military_Figures_0014.jpg

Back