Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, what is the best Kylo Ren hilt replica in your opinion? Looking to pick one up to go with my helmet.

Korbanth has a new design on pre-order, probably all metal and made to accept internals. And PewPewCraft just showed off a more accurate kit that will probably be offered in cold-cast resin at a fair price.

Korbanth has a new design on pre-order, probably all metal and made to accept internals. And PewPewCraft just showed off a more accurate kit that will probably be offered in cold-cast resin at a fair price.

Any idea how much those run? Which do you prefer of the two?

I love my PewPewCrafts saber since it's just for display purposes next to my lid. They did a fantastic job with their last revamp with prop shop measurements. And extremely cheap compared to the $900ish Korbanth or whatever it is now.

Still one of my favorite looking things in my collection. I believe mine is version 2 so the new one should be even better.

20170807_172757.jpg

I love my PewPewCrafts saber since it's just for display purposes next to my lid. They did a fantastic job with their last revamp with prop shop measurements. And extremely cheap compared to the $900ish Korbanth or whatever it is now.

Still one of my favorite looking things in my collection. I believe mine is version 2 so the new one should be even better.

View attachment 358492

Looks great. Where did you grab that Saber Stand if you don't mind me asking?

Looks great. Where did you grab that Saber Stand if you don't mind me asking?

A guy who makes similar acrylic lightsaber stands on Ebay. He didn't have an auction for it but was told you could ask him for the two panel stand which is based on the launch bay display at disney.

Any idea how much those run? Which do you prefer of the two?

As a display saber, I'd go with PPC. You can get a finished hilt or the raw cast and paint it however you want.

The upcoming Korbanth is $250 and comes empty. It should be mostly metal and made to accept electronics. It will be a bit of a wait, and may have some inaccuracies (most of '2.0' FX hilts do, understandably).
TBR2-CG2.0-1-600x600.jpg

Hmm interesting. Will have to do more research.

I definitely want to get some better lighting for my Kylo helmet.

I feel like the Anovos was painted to match a specific prop helmet, while the Prop shop was to match another. The "sweating" paint apps all over the black portion of the Anovos helm is pretty prominent, while the Prop Shop looks more smooth and metallic. Looking through the film, there are parts where the helmet will look either way.

I do wish the Anovos seemed a litttleeee more like metal, but it might just be my lighting.

Also, I saw a few YouTube comments about people worried about the rubber parts rotting - is that something I should be concerned about as well?

Kept indoors, outside of UV light, will probably get a display case for it soon..

It depends on the quality of the rubber and also the conditions it was kept in. I own some Star Wars helmets with rubber trims for years now and they have no issues. I also have a Soviet military gas mask from the 70's and is in perfect condition. And I've seen Hot Toys figures with rotten rubber (ED-209 from Robocop for example). I've seen rubberized t-tracks/grips on the Master Replicas lightsabers which had become sticky and gooey.

As a display saber, I'd go with PPC. You can get a finished hilt or the raw cast and paint it however you want.

The upcoming Korbanth is $250 and comes empty. It should be mostly metal and made to accept electronics. It will be a bit of a wait, and may have some inaccuracies (most of '2.0' FX hilts do, understandably).
View attachment 358548

is it still undersized?

Considering the saber makes a return in episode 8, I'd almost just hold off and see if some new licensed props come out. Maybe eFX will end up getting a license to do it. And hopefully produce them before we all wither away and die since it's an ongoing film trilogy.

It depends on the quality of the rubber and also the conditions it was kept in. I own some Star Wars helmets with rubber trims for years now and they have no issues. I also have a Soviet military gas mask from the 70's and is in perfect condition. And I've seen Hot Toys figures with rotten rubber (ED-209 from Robocop for example). I've seen rubberized t-tracks/grips on the Master Replicas lightsabers which had become sticky and gooey.

Cool, thanks for the info. So - assuming I keep them in good shape and out of the sun, etc... I don't have to worry about something like the Anovos Kylo or the rubber parts on a Stormtrooper helm rotting away in like 5 years hopefully? haha.

Now I'm worried about the HT since basically every figure has rubber somewhere O_O I'm paranoid, I just want my collectibles to survive T_T

is it still undersized?

The Korbanth? This one should be about right. The accuracy updates between the last one and this one are very good, imo. We have the Prop Shop one as reference now, which I'm sure was considered. And the PPC one has been good since the last iteration. The next one should be even better.

Check them out on Facebook for progress pics of their Kylo helmet and saber: https://www.facebook.com/pewpewcrafts/. They also had some pretty slick Death Star plans, an all-resin Luke V2, a DL-44, and Rey's blaster.

20663931_1083937991709155_529950325361943866_n.jpg

My newest piece.
The Han Solo Hoth Blaster!
Denix body, Field Marshal scope & mount (I'll replace the scope with a real Sherman scope, when I find one), & flash suppressor, with resin casts of the visible V8 engine bits.

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.JPG

Here is in its case on the wall, behind the Han ROTJ Blaster I built a few month back from the BobaDebt run. Pardon the crappy iPad photos.

IMG_0838.jpg

I should have a plaque, from PastorJedi, arriving Mon or Tues.
I also have the MR ANH Han Elite Edition blaster (I'd love to replace it with a Todds or build my own) & the MR Han ESB blaster (which is closer to the Besbin blaster). I only need the Greedo Killer, & my Han Solo blaster collection will be complete.
I'm currently working on Luke's ESB Blaster.

Very cool DR!
Which Stormie bucket is that?
It's hard to tell from here. I'm using my friends old Samsung phone.
RS Stunt lid?

My newest piece.
The Han Solo Hoth Blaster!
Denix body, Field Marshal scope & mount (I'll replace the scope with a real Sherman scope, when I find one), & flash suppressor, with resin casts of the visible V8 engine bits.

View attachment 359129

View attachment 359130

View attachment 359134

Here is in its case on the wall, behind the Han ROTJ Blaster I built a few month back from the BobaDebt run. Pardon the crappy iPad photos.

View attachment 359136

I should have a plaque, from PastorJedi, arriving Mon or Tues.
I also have the MR ANH Han Elite Edition blaster (I'd love to replace it with a Todds or build my own) & the MR Han ESB blaster (which is closer to the Besbin blaster). I only need the Greedo Killer, & my Han Solo blaster collection will be complete.
I'm currently working on Luke's ESB Blaster.

Great blaster!! Congrats! :rock

Very cool DR!
Which Stormie bucket is that?
It's hard to tell from here. I'm using my friends old Samsung phone.
RS Stunt lid?

That is a Hero Stormie. I think it is the MR

Back