Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my ESB RS. It's ABS.
20180514_194630.jpg

20180514_193719.jpg

I've not heard of RS using PVC, as the ones used in filming were not made of PVC. The Stormtrooper helmets used in filming were made of either ABS or HDPE. The HDPE helmets had to be painted white & don't seem to hold up as well over time. Because of that, I think that's why RS doesn't continually offer HDPE. They have done very small runs of HDPE helmets in the past.

They offer PVC helmets and armour for those wanting a more shiny look. One or two in my 501st garrison has it. Looks good but I prefer the original ABS look.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks all for the info. I also prefer the original Stormtrooper helmet look (ABS). I was just worried it wouldn't look as shiny, but your pictures prove otherwise.

Very cool ESB lid!

RS indeed offers some helmets and armors in PVC, some prefer this as they say it might be more sturdy. But remember the original armors were made out of ABS

One other advantage of PVC is it's UV resistance - it won't yellow if exposed to sunlight, ABS on the otherhand will

RS doesn't use acrylic capped ABS, that doesn't yellow that easily. If you want accuracy you got ABS (or HDPE), if you want sturdiness, not so easily to crack, and not so easily yellowing, go PVC. But certain types of PVC will also get out fumes in time and can degrade easier than ABS. Personally just ABS and HDPE for me.

RS doesn't use acrylic capped ABS, that doesn't yellow that easily. If you want accuracy you got ABS (or HDPE), if you want sturdiness, not so easily to crack, and not so easily yellowing, go PVC. But certain types of PVC will also get out fumes in time and can degrade easier than ABS. Personally just ABS and HDPE for me.

I believe TrooperMaster offers acrylic capped ABS armour. But as you say, for screen accuracy, ABS/HDPE all the way. Just don't expose to direct sunlight for long durations.

I asked RS if they would consider offering acrylic capped ABS armor, but they said they won't for now. My armor from them is ABS

Sweet! :hi5:

Are you in the UK? I'm on the east coast of the U.S. They still ship extremely quickly!

Yes - I'm in the UK, so typically delivery occurs the day after you get shipping notice - which is great, but can require a bit of last minute 'time management' to make sure you're home for the parcel man ;-)

And here it is. They look great together. A couple of points - the plaque isn't numbered, but the certificate accompanying the helmet tells you the edition number. I got #6. Also, the stand design is new. The poles now screw into the base. However, you get 4 poles of varying lengths, I couldn't get any combination to be quite the exact same size as the prior stand. Hard to tell when you put all 3 helmets next to each other though. I think I'm done with RS X-Wing helmets now. A signature edition Gold Leader may tempt me, but I'm ruuning out of space!

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

Very nice! Can't wait for mine to arrive, in addition to the Biggs I ordered.

Glad to hear the base is improved. The one that came with my Sandie helmet is terrible.

The lack of a numbered plaque is surprising and a bit disappointing though...

That looks great! & the three together look fantastic too :clap
I'm so happy to hear that RS redesigned the base... again. If this one is better, I'm ordering two. I like hearing the pole screws into the base.

Back