Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pieces there JB! :clap Do you have the MR AT-AT, Snowspeeder or eFX X-Wing?

No man, I would love an AT-AT and snow speeder though. I had the efX x wing but I sold it because I didn't care for the cockpit canopy assembly or the paint job. My Salzo v3 x wing with aluminum wing armature will be way better once it's done. Thanks for the compliments :)

Love the feel & theme of the room you have there JB, right down to the cushion on the chair, looks very classy!

Thanks man, I am going for a clean classy look so it's a huge compliment. :)

Well you certainly have achieved that clean classy look man.... Beautiful collection.

maulf1z.jpg

maulf2z.jpg

maulf3z.jpg

maulf4z.jpg

maulf5z.jpg

maulf6z.jpg

maulf7z.jpg

awesome ! who made the luke and vader ?

I SOOOO can not wait until I get my guitar display case ...

clutch.. who made that luke and vader?

The Vader looks like a Parks MPP replica. Pretty spot on but looks a little clean to be a real MPP.
The Luke however looks like a genuine vintage graflex :)
There is nothing like a real graflex saber. It's what got me started collecting SW props.

The Obi?.... Maybe a Romans Empire... Looks great... They all look great :)

Edit: maybe the Vader is a real MPP... There is a little chrome aging in the grip area, hard to tell the Parks is so close, you did a good job aging it if it is a replica. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks. All the Luke's are real Graflex. The Vader is a Parks. Obi is a Russrep with real Graflex clamp and real calc bubbles.

What's the guitar display case for?

I ordered a white guitar case with mirrored back.. I will have lightsabers in there (should have space for about 10-12) lined up from top to bottom :) Im sure this will look so nice :)

@clutch.. I have the parks Vader coming as well.. is this just the graflex MPP ?

here is a picture of my custom made Holocrons in display case... would there be interest in something like this ?

10372783_10203693919328433_2170851920656542676_n_zpsefb7c65a.jpg

No man, I would love an AT-AT and snow speeder though. I had the efX x wing but I sold it because I didn't care for the cockpit canopy assembly or the paint job. My Salzo v3 x wing with aluminum wing armature will be way better once it's done. Thanks for the compliments :)

Please do you have any pics of it?

Please do you have any pics of it?

I can show some pics of the kit and armature, but that is all it is right now. It is gone be my summer project. Red 5 standing by...

The armature is from Mike Reader at modelermagic.com and is a direct copy of the old ILM ones. ;)

I've always been a much bigger fan of idealized pieces than supposedly "screen-accurate" ones. I'd rather have an idealized piece that's made to the look/design of what was intended by the designers/GL himself, than have something newly made that's attempting to look like either something that was kinda poorly and inconsistently made (stormtrooper helms) or made from a random assortment of junk glued onto some bit of old militaria. You won't convince me that a stormtrooper helmet made to Imperial specs would be the wonky, bumpy, fragile things that the prop designers had to use for the films.

Basically, I couldn't care less how "accurate" a piece is if it doesn't look good on its own, without having to give an explanation for its flaws every time I look at it or show it to someone. I'm probably in the minority here though, and all the helmets, blasters and sabers I've seen in this thread have still impressed me greatly. I guess I just prefer a different flavor of "accuracy" than most. Or maybe I'm just crazy :lol

I've always been a much bigger fan of idealized pieces than supposedly "screen-accurate" ones. I'd rather have an idealized piece that's made to the look/design of what was intended by the designers/GL himself, than have something newly made that's attempting to look like either something that was kinda poorly and inconsistently made (stormtrooper helms) or made from a random assortment of junk glued onto some bit of old militaria. You won't convince me that a stormtrooper helmet made to Imperial specs would be the wonky, bumpy, fragile things that the prop designers had to use for the films.

Basically, I couldn't care less how "accurate" a piece is if it doesn't look good on its own, without having to give an explanation for its flaws every time I look at it or show it to someone. I'm probably in the minority here though, and all the helmets, blasters and sabers I've seen in this thread have still impressed me greatly. I guess I just prefer a different flavor of "accuracy" than most. Or maybe I'm just crazy :lol

That is the difference between the genuine prop replica collectors and idealized prop replica collectors. There is a place for everyone. :)

For me nothing will beat a replica that looks exactly like the original made for the movies, especially since I won't be able to afford real screen used props - and I don't mean some insignificant tiny prop, or one of a million Death Star tiles available out there, but big props like a screen-used helmet, a studio scale ship, a movie used blaster or lightsaber etc. This way even with a replica (made like the original) I can see its wonderful details and its asymmetric perfection.

Of course Lucas would have wanted that everything was perfect for the universe he created, but the beauty here is the use of regular found items to add up to certain props. You can see how they used faucet aerators for mic tips on Stormtrooper helmets, Tamyia parts on the snout of the Scout helmets, various screws still can be seen on the studio scale AT-AT (even on the MR versions), many model parts (mostly from model tanks) used on all studio scale ships, lightsabers made entirely of a vintage Graflex or MPP camera flash or a WWI British rifle grenade, blasters made of real WWII guns with added tanks scopes and other greeblies.

This only shows the talent, ingenuity and creativity of the gifted prop makers who worked for Star Wars back then. Without their professional inventiveness and skills we would not have had the Star Wars we know and love, the "used universe" we got familiar with, and which is so different from all other sci-fi universes out there. These ugly asymmetrical props were part of this used, but such real universe, where ships, buildings, and props alike looked aged and dirty.

That is why I totally prefer my props to be ugly, asymmetrical, wonky, etc., because they were like this when used in Star Wars. I don't mind explaining someone why a prop is like that, it is in fact my pleasure to show them how the real Star Wars was created, and how proud I am to own a tiny piece of this universe.

That is the difference between the genuine prop replica collectors and idealized prop replica collectors. There is a place for everyone. :)

For me nothing will beat a replica that looks exactly like the original made for the movies, especially since I won't be able to afford real screen used props - and I don't mean some insignificant tiny prop, or one of a million Death Star tiles available out there, but big props like a screen-used helmet, a studio scale ship, a movie used blaster or lightsaber etc. This way even with a replica (made like the original) I can see its wonderful details and its asymmetric perfection.

Of course Lucas would have wanted that everything was perfect for the universe he created, but the beauty here is the use of regular found items to add up to certain props. You can see how they used faucet aerators for mic tips on Stormtrooper helmets, Tamyia parts on the snout of the Scout helmets, various screws still can be seen on the studio scale AT-AT (even on the MR versions), many model parts (mostly from model tanks) used on all studio scale ships, lightsabers made entirely of a vintage Graflex or MPP camera flash or a WWI British rifle grenade, blasters made of real WWII guns with added tanks scopes and other greeblies.

This only shows the talent, ingenuity and creativity of the gifted prop makers who worked for Star Wars back then. Without their professional inventiveness and skills we would not have had the Star Wars we know and love, the "used universe" we got familiar with, and which is so different from all other sci-fi universes out there. These ugly asymmetrical props were part of this used, but such real universe, where ships, buildings, and props alike looked aged and dirty.

That is why I totally prefer my props to be ugly, asymmetrical, wonky, etc., because they were like this when used in Star Wars. I don't mind explaining someone why a prop is like that, it is in fact my pleasure to show them how the real Star Wars was created, and how proud I am to own a tiny piece of this universe.

100% correct Sergiu ;) I have seen even the most firm "idealized" collectors cave once they see some of these pieces side by side in person...idealized vs screen accurate. And once they are bitten by the accuracy bug...it's too late. ;) Of course there is room for everyone, it's all fun... Idealized or screen accurate. To me though, Star Wars has a certain "look" and screen accuracy plays an important role in it. :)

I prefer "idealized" versions myself. I know I'm in the minority whenever I visit SW sites but like Jag said, I much prefer how it's supposed to look like rather than trying to nail the "half-ass" mold pull of some guy in 1976.

But to be honest, I've yet to buy or pass on any item I've ever wanted due to something being screen accurate or not. If I like the character and the product, I buy it. I leave the nitpicking to forum members and I actually don't mind the "knowledge" I learn from them though.

Back