Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!!!
I?ve got a big job ahead of me too... thanks to the RS ?pandemic special?.
69E44CA3-836E-4511-AC84-5ADE1D721638.jpeg

Yes :)

But at least they did add it. And the plaque.

The EFX "Y" shaped stands are the worst, heck, it would be easier to EFX to buy some towel holders, and slap their logo on them, and still be 10 times better. Wish they would go back to their elegant aluminum stand they used before...

I received my Stormtrooper helmet kit from RSpropmasters on Thursday and made a start straight away.
I?ve made some good progress last few days and pretty much have the helmet assembled.
Next up is the paint work...it looks kinda odd without the grey, black and blue detailing.
View attachment 488705

Great job Paul!

Congrats!

Helmet builds are scary to me. Even my Scout Trooper that I use when trooping with the 501st I had built for me.

The armor I just went to town with and it went well, but the helmets are intimidating to build.

Nice helmets and looking forward to seeing that armor come together, Ahab.

Looking great, Irezumi! Probably easier than the 1/6 :lol

:lol
I?ve been wanting an RS Stunt. Deciding on whether or not to just get one or do the build. Looks like fun.
It comes complete with decals I take it?

I highly recommend RSprops helmets especially with their lineage. No decals with RS lids, the originals were hand painted though you could use them if you prefer.
Also of note RS announced a 10th anniversary stunt helmet cast in original plastics(HDPE) not available in kit form but would be amazing to have one made by the masters themselves.

Saw those 10th Anniversary ones. Very cool but a bit too expensive for a trooper bucket. I think I may just go for one of the stunts they have in stock (3). Have also been eyeing the ANH Darth Ugly... Decisions 🤔

Nice!!!
I?ve got a big job ahead of me too... thanks to the RS ?pandemic special?.
View attachment 488714

The RS trooper kit is on my list also for a while now. The prices between the "build it yourself" kits and the fully commissioned ones are big. Just curious, but what sources and material (did it come with this kit for example) do you use to build the kit? I always think that with "build it yourself" kits, it won't ever be as accurate as when it comes complete from RS themselves..

Why wouldn't it be as accurate? It could be more accurate if you build it yourself and do the research.

I am not saying that it won't be accurate, the photos from irezumi look good. It's simply that the guys from RS props have made dozens of costumes (I assume) and have all the material to the direct lineage. Here in Netherlands and Belgium for example there aren't any groups or organizations that can help people to build a Stormtrooper kit, even 501 legion ones. And for some people, incl myself, if I had to build the kit myself I am sure I even don't know where to start or how to do it accurately. Plus, if you compare the build-it yourself kits to the fully commissioned ones, the prices differ exponentionally.

Ahoy!
The RS kit I bought was for the armor only. The rigging kit was not available at the time, but I was assured they will eventually be resupplied.
I'm tall and thin, so opted to make my suit even though I know they do full customs. I didn't want to get into a situation whereby I'd damage the pieces while making inevitable modifications... plus I really wanted to build one!
All that said, the RS guys do pretty extensive tutorials on building accurate armor on their Youtube channel. Its pretty straight forward. Yes, they do it for a living, but take your time and gather reference and I'm sure anyone can get through it and be happy with the results.
Cheers

Ahoy!
The RS kit I bought was for the armor only. The rigging kit was not available at the time, but I was assured they will eventually be resupplied.
I'm tall and thin, so opted to make my suit even though I know they do full customs. I didn't want to get into a situation whereby I'd damage the pieces while making inevitable modifications... plus I really wanted to build one!
All that said, the RS guys do pretty extensive tutorials on building accurate armor on their Youtube channel. Its pretty straight forward. Yes, they do it for a living, but take your time and gather reference and I'm sure anyone can get through it and be happy with the results.
Cheers

Actually, I am tall and thin aswell but that does not mean it is easy to build the kit :). I also saw the YT tutorials but I stick to my opinion that for some people it's very unlikely to get the job done for an entire kit. Plus, you need to have all kinds of material and hardware to make it specially to build it. If the price differences weren't so big, I'd already would have bought the fully commissioned suit.

Even though the newly announced RS Boba lineage helmet is pricey, that paint job looks awesome.

Back