Possibly ripped off on ebay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, a couple info updates on this situation. I attempted to start a dispute through ebay but it told me to wait til sept 7th to see if the guy responds...i'm fine with that. Also, I messaged another guy who had recently received a refund on a gambit from the same seller and had posted a positive feedback on the seller's ebay account for a quick refund. He messaged me and he said the seller had a family emergency and would be out of town for a short while. This guy thought the seller accidentally put "2011" for when he would be back and that he would actually return in the next few days. According to him, the seller contacted him and refunded his money and said he was going to still process current orders when he got back. Although this is through a 3rd party, it made me feel much better about my situation. Hopefully, I hear from the seller soon!

I think we have the same seller. I also bought a Gambit PF from him. He sent me an email the other day. He had a family emergency and he is out of the country right now. He got the statue but he will not able to ship it until he get home.

anyone who preorders items on ebay deserves to get scammed IMO

thanks for that sentiment. anyway, the seller responded. he told me that he was out of the country to get cancer treatment for his father. i'm inclined to believe him. he says my item has been shipped so hopefully all is good. thanks to those of you who actually gave me some useful advice!

thanks for that sentiment. anyway, the seller responded. he told me that he was out of the country to get cancer treatment for his father. i'm inclined to believe him. he says my item has been shipped so hopefully all is good. thanks to those of you who actually gave me some useful advice!

Do you have a tracking #?

Don't cancel your claim...:lecture

anyone who preorders items on ebay deserves to get scammed IMO

:rotfl Bodie is a misunderstood, gentle giant. He knows love. No hate. Only love.

My ordeal has come to a happy ending. I received gambit today and he is in excellent condition! I hope to post pics of him in the gambit thread!

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, my apologies! I put it here cuz it pertains to a Sideshow Gambit PF. In any case, I purchased a preorder for Gambit on ebay for $260 shipped. It was a good deal in my mind, the guy had a 99.9% feedback rating with over 1200 deals. So, I have messaged him 3 times since the transaction and have received no response. Then, all of a sudden, when I check the page for the auction I won, there is a message that says ,

"The seller of this item is away until August 25, 2011. You may purchase this item, but there may be a delay in processing your order."

What the hell?!?! Ok, so now i'm a little worried that I got ripped off. The preorder says that the item should ship within 30 days of the auction and it hasn't been 30 days yet so I'm hoping I still receive the item. I'm hoping he ordered the gambit when I paid and it just gets shipped straight from sideshow so that the "away til 2011" won't matter. Does anyone know how these preorders work for dealers such as this guy? It seemed like he was pretty good dealer so I'm still hoping he either sends me the item or refunds me the money. If this does end badly, do I go through ebay or paypal to try and get my money back? I have never had to file a dispute so I'm not even sure how to go about it. Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Go to Sideshow and waitlist the Xclusive Gambit. My converted in less than 24 hrs. Do it now. To dispute on ebay, just go to help, then resolve buying problem. Do not pre order anything on e bay again.

I've never pre-ordered on ebay nor have I ever ordered something that used stock photos in the listing. Yeah, they could use someone else's personal pics but personal pics make me a bit more comfortable. Also, for any item making me question just one thing I look at the feedback for anyone else with the same item and PM them about the transaction.

Back