Possible change in Payment options for future items?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figurefan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've been a long time Sideshow fan, but I'm also a longtime videogame fan. It occured to me today that one major difference between the two is how I pay for them.

When I reserve a video game, I plunk down a minimum $5 and reserve a copy. Sometimes over a year before the actual release date. But in that time, I'm able to make more payments, as much or as little as I want, before the game ships. In most occasions its totally payed off before the ship date, and I can just go pick it up with no fuss.

Now when it comes to Sideshow, I pre-order for free, then often get slammed with the blunt force trauma of paying hundreds of dollars when the item ships. My question is why can't SSC have a similar pre-order policy, especially when credit cards and all my other info are already in the SSC database?

I think personally MANY fans would appreciate the option, since there's such a large amount of time between when an item is announced and when it is shipped, it would give people plenty of time to chip away at the major cost. Of course whatever remaining balance would have to be paid once the item ships, and this would only apply to pre-order items but still. IMO it would also eliminate many of the last minute cancellations on items because people don't have a spare $500 handy at the zero hour. Just a thought, I think it REALLY should be something you guys look into, because its handy as hell. Even if it comes with the understanding that all money put towards a pre-order item cannot be refunded, only used as SSC credit, I know I'd still do it for sure.

Good idea..they should call it flex pay!

But flexpay's after the item ships, so if you could pay the flex pay payments immediately following the pre-order, it'd be different. Flexpay is also a strict payment policy as well, a more relaxed pay as you will option would be much more friendly and convenient.

But flexpay's after the item ships, so if you could pay the flex pay payments immediately following the pre-order, it'd be different. Flexpay is also a strict payment policy as well, a more relaxed pay as you will option would be much more friendly and convenient.

Sideshow would need army of administrators to accomplish what you're suggesting, not to mention man hours to maintain and monitor incoming payments on individual accounts, therefore be cost prohibited and unrealistic.

or, how about sideshow sticking to the release schedule & not say it's shipping in 3rd quarter and turn around & ship it 2 months early :dunno

As easy as this sounds, there are many, many factors outside of Sideshows control to guarantee a time window. That said, I think Sideshow does a fantastic job of keeping deadlines and schedules compared to other companies out there. Order anything from EFX or Cinemaquette lately?

I've been a long time Sideshow fan, but I'm also a longtime videogame fan. It occured to me today that one major difference between the two is how I pay for them.

When I reserve a video game, I plunk down a minimum $5 and reserve a copy. Sometimes over a year before the actual release date. But in that time, I'm able to make more payments, as much or as little as I want, before the game ships. In most occasions its totally payed off before the ship date, and I can just go pick it up with no fuss.

Now when it comes to Sideshow, I pre-order for free, then often get slammed with the blunt force trauma of paying hundreds of dollars when the item ships. My question is why can't SSC have a similar pre-order policy, especially when credit cards and all my other info are already in the SSC database?

I think personally MANY fans would appreciate the option, since there's such a large amount of time between when an item is announced and when it is shipped, it would give people plenty of time to chip away at the major cost. Of course whatever remaining balance would have to be paid once the item ships, and this would only apply to pre-order items but still. IMO it would also eliminate many of the last minute cancellations on items because people don't have a spare $500 handy at the zero hour. Just a thought, I think it REALLY should be something you guys look into, because its handy as hell. Even if it comes with the understanding that all money put towards a pre-order item cannot be refunded, only used as SSC credit, I know I'd still do it for sure.

Put a little away at a time until you have the figure paid for. Isn't that what savings accounts are for?

No, that's not true. SSC do try to coincide the last payment close to release date. Of course, it doesn't always work this way.

P.S why are you pre-ordering a game a year in advance?

Howzabout an option to put 50% down when you pre-order an item? I would imagine that would also help keep cancellations down...

How about paypal (I know it's been covered), but you cover the fees or no fees?

We do try to schedule our FLEX payment schedules for pre-orders to coincide with when an item is estimated to ship. Sometimes it ships earlier than expected, sometimes later, sometimes right on time! When you sign up for FLEXPay, you also agree that there will be a cancellation fee, should you decide to back out. So that covers most of the requests in this thread - use FLEXPay! :duff

We do try to schedule our FLEX payment schedules for pre-orders to coincide with when an item is estimated to ship. Sometimes it ships earlier than expected, sometimes later, sometimes right on time! When you sign up for FLEXPay, you also agree that there will be a cancellation fee, should you decide to back out. So that covers most of the requests in this thread - use FLEXPay! :duff

I would rather have it when it's suppost to hit the market, not 3 months early with more problems than you can shake a stick at

Back