Popcultureshock Street Fighter 1/6th scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
PopCultureShock; said:
They wont be exactly styled like the PFs. They will be a little closer to pure Udon in style.

Just starting the design phase. Dont expect to have anything to show for many months.

Just wanted to tease :D

PopCultureShock; said:
I love the challenge.

Seriously these are going to blow people away.

The articulation designer/sculptor is one of the best on the planet.

PopCultureShock; said:
100% from scratch (in regards to figure body) Its expensive but I want these to look like nothing else out there.

PopCultureShock; said:
They will most likely be an end of 2011 or early 2012 product line.

PopCultureShock; said:
Yes but too early to say. Probably announce them during SDCC (in regards to price and characters)

thoughts?

hot-toys styled figures mentioned ie. fabric and stuff

personally i can't wait

Last edited:
Holy ____. I would be in for at minimum the original World Warriors.

ARE YOU ____ING SERIOUS????!!!! Someone is finally doing high quality, fully articulated 12" Street Fighter figs? Or will these be statues?

Great. This year is expensive enough as it is. First Christopher Reeve, Keaton and Nicholson, Hammer Films, then Spidey, Marvel Studios and now Street Fighter?! It seems like the planets are aligned and want me to get all of my grails before Dec, 2012.

I think a lot of people are going to balk at the prices. Every 1/6 company has considered doing Street Fighter, but by virtue of the character design (aside from the Shotokans) almost every single one has a unique body. . . and that = $$$.

Are you willing to pay $250 for a Blanka, and $200 for a Sagat, and $250 for Zangief??

I'll be VEEEEEERY interested to see how this turns out.

I paid $150 for a Chun Li that I love so $200 for a Sagat that actually looks like Sagat from SF isn't out of the realm of possibilities for me.

I really hope these don't go over 200. That, including shipping, is the max I could pay, especially since there are so many characters I'd get. Luckily, I'm not too interested in the larger characters except Bison and maybe Sagat.

The thing this does have going for it is Jerry did the most successful Street Fighter line to date. So he's got a very good idea of sales numbers for the small figures, and the 1/4 mixed media, so the audience for 1/6 scale is probably right in between. He'll have a good idea of the production numbers he can pull down.

And as with the 6 in. line, I expect Jerry to take a bath on some figures in order to keep the line going. He's got love for Street Fighter like no other. I've got no doubts he'll follow through, I just don't know if the consumers will follow with him. I'm gonna start saving my pennies though.

I'm so happy with the original SOTA figures, they've retained their space across my 3 Detolfs while everything else has been pared down. I don't know if I'd be willing to replace them with 1/6 though, :lol

The thing this does have going for it is Jerry did the most successful Street Fighter line to date. So he's got a very good idea of sales numbers for the small figures, and the 1/4 mixed media, so the audience for 1/6 scale is probably right in between. He'll have a good idea of the production numbers he can pull down.

And as with the 6 in. line, I expect Jerry to take a bath on some figures in order to keep the line going. He's got love for Street Fighter like no other. I've got no doubts he'll follow through, I just don't know if the consumers will follow with him. I'm gonna start saving my pennies though.

I'm so happy with the original SOTA figures, they've retained their space across my 3 Detolfs while everything else has been pared down. I don't know if I'd be willing to replace them with 1/6 though, :lol

That was a really thoughtful post. I appreciate it.

We start with the shotokans as we can use the same body parts for *most* and this will give me a good idea of sales figures etc. They will be priced similarly to comparable Hot Toys where a simpler figure like Ryu may be $ 130 and something like Sagat where its practically an entirely new sculpt will be $200.

It will be fun to see how the line progresses.

That was a really thoughtful post. I appreciate it.

We start with the shotokans as we can use the same body parts for *most* and this will give me a good idea of sales figures etc. They will be priced similarly to comparable Hot Toys where a simpler figure like Ryu may be $ 130 and something like Sagat where its practically an entirely new sculpt will be $200.

It will be fun to see how the line progresses.

wow looking forward to this this will be fun

nothing against statues but you get tired of them being in the same pose all the time glad jerry is making this line

This is very cool news. I collected all of the original SOTA figures back when they were out and was never disappointed.

It'll be great if they're able to get to some of more challengingly proportioned characters like Blanka, Sagat, and Zangief.

Really want:
Ryu
Ken
Guile
Bison
Vega
Chun-Li
Cammy

But I'd probably take any classic SFII, Alpha or Final Fight characters. Hell, I'd even buy quality figures from the 1994 movie. As much as I enjoy SFIII, I would pass on those characters.

Back