Popcultureshock - Sagat - Mixed Media Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryu pose going to be Hadouken

hadoken_sfiv1.jpg

streetfighter-ryu1.jpg

Ryu1.png
It will look stupid sculpted. U don't think it will look good.

:lecture You see, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Because of the pose PCS chose for Sagat, his back would be facing you if placed on the right. It doesn't look right nor do they do this in the videogame.

I really hope the upcoming Ryu is in the same scale as Sagat and posed for a right side ready stance. Then you can have the two facing each other on your shelf. :yess:

at first i did not get what u mean.. but after googling some pics i do now.. :)

however in the game his right hand is going to the front (because sagat is placed on the right side), PCS hands is the other way around.. ? (therefore we see his back)
i assume when PCS making sagat, they using sagat reference as player ONE, hence using his left hand stance...

streetfighter.jpg

streetfighter-game.jpg

and i dont think when PCS making new ryu, they will change ryu reference to player TWO just to match sagat pose? :dunno

street-fighter-iv-images-20080501030452824_640w.jpg

anyway going to display them a bit rotated so the angle look okay... if the pcs new ryu is better i definitely getting it too.. :)

RyuVsSagat.jpg

Last edited:
at first i did not get what u mean.. but after googling some pics i do now.. :)

however in the game his right hand is going to the front (because sagat is placed on the right side), PCS hands is the other way around.. ? (therefore we see his back)
i assume when PCS making sagat, they using sagat reference as player ONE, hence using his left hand stance...

streetfighter.jpg

streetfighter-game.jpg

and i dont think when PCS making new ryu, they will change ryu reference to player TWO just to match sagat pose? :dunno

street-fighter-iv-images-20080501030452824_640w.jpg

anyway going to display them a bit rotated so the angle look okay... if the pcs new ryu is better i definitely getting it too.. :)

RyuVsSagat.jpg

That's what I'm saying. :)

The pose PCS chose for Sagat is great. He has the ready stance for placement on the left side. Now, since they're coming up with a newer Ryu, they can sculpt him in his ready pose to be placed on the right side, opposite Sagat.

And for those that don't want to position these two statues in that way, fine. They don't have too. But it would be nice if we at least had that option to do so. I hope that was more clear.

Ryu+2+-+Fitness+Philippines.jpg

street-fighter-4.jpg

I would take any of these poses.

That top picture of Ryu would work! If sculpted in this pose, it can be placed on the right side of your shelf with Sagat on the left... and again, for those that don't care for that kind of set up, they can turn them to both face forward.

It would be nice to have these two statues have that kind of flexibility in posing options.

I think 1400 is a good deal if it come with coa and print.
Don't forgot it's the very limited piece that jerry even made.

It's not a great deal in the sense that the statue is worth anything over two hundred dollars. I wouldn't bother. They will make another Akuma eventually (they are doing that Akuma vs Gouken diorama). Save your money for something actually worth it OR give it to me (much preferred option).

True but will the new statue comming out drop the value of the old akuma or make it rise even more?

well i dont think its going to be a superior sculpt to the current one, why not just buy it for 1400 and sell it on the bay for 2k plus... either way youre a winner. lastly hes not going to make akuma or ryu till hes done with the 4 remaining world warriors, which is at least 2 years imo.

well i dont think its going to be a superior sculpt to the current one, why not just buy it for 1400 and sell it on the bay for 2k plus... either way youre a winner. lastly hes not going to make akuma or ryu till hes done with the 4 remaining world warriors, which is at least 2 years imo.

I think it's going to be as good as pcs can make the 1/4 statues. PCS did say that it will be a different pose, so that it won't affect the previous akuma. It will be some kind of action pose instead. The new 1/4 sagat looks better to me than some of the previous statues. But you are right about buying it for 1400. It is still good price compared to 2k but I don't think I could spend that much.

I would do it for that price ,i dont see it dropping
Even with a new different version being ONI oh shin Akuma doesn't matter which one , won't take away from the original ,
Amazing piece in it's own right . If you don't want it
Let me know i"ll do $1400 shipped

Back