Popcultureshock Mortal Kombat - Scorpion Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And $330 for a statue seems a bit high to me. Had this been a classic costume instead of the modern one, might have bit, but I'm going to pass for now.

And with the extreme poses, it would make exclusives hard. I mean an unmasked head would look weird throwing the spear instead of blowing fire. A more netural pose like the SF PFs would have worked more for interchangable parts. Plus PCS can't do cheap exclusives like color change outfits either like with SF. All of the alternate costumes are quite different in the new game (Shang Tsung, Sektor, Cyrax, etc being the more extreme examples).

I don't think $330 is asking too much. I agree about extreme poses limiting the EX possibilities, but i'm positive Jerrry is gonna deliver the goods.

The "GET OVER HERE" pose for me is ideal. I prefer that over a museum pose any day of the week, because when i first heard/saw Scorpion say "GET OVER HERE" during the game as a kid i was like "woooow, that's nasty." and i have been hooked on that character ever since. If Jerry makes a Sub-Zero in a fighting stance (creating a diorama) it will be ONE EPIC DISPLAY.

There's no chance i'm passing on Scorpion. I've been waiting wayy too long.

I agree, it would make dios a lot easier to make with those poses. But as stand alone pieces, I don't like the poses as much. I definately think having these fight off against eachother will be the key to their success.

I think $330 is a bit too much if they don't have mixed media. No cloth just makes me scratch my head at the price. Sideshow can make Premium Formats with cloth for that price...

I think $330 is a bit too much if they don't have mixed media. No cloth just makes me scratch my head at the price. Sideshow can make Premium Formats with cloth for that price...

Sideshow's Silver Surfer also has no fabric, is 1/4 scale and cost $335. It also has three heads and a bunch of switch-out arms. :lecture

There's a possibility then that Scorpion may have a few switch-out options; that may well explain the price. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Roll on, SDCC. :impatient:

While I'm sure that this will be very well done, I'm going to have to pass because of the extremem pose. Had it been done similar to the Netherealm Studios logo, I would have bought this in a second. Congrats to those that get it though.

I like the new designs.

Same here for the most part. Reptile and Smoke's default costume are the only 2 I really don't like much of the new designs. The classic designs are great and iconic but are kinda dated in this day and age. I like that the ninjas now have a little individuality to them rather than the same outfit but in a different color.

As for the statue, I'm not much of a statue person so this will be a pass but I'm sure the final product will be great.

I really like the newer more intricate skull costume to just a dude in black leotard and yellow tabard. I'm really interested in picking this up and look forward to seeing it at SDCC. I skipped on the SF line but I'm all in on the MK line.

This is my feeling as well. Always been more of an MK guy than a Street Fighter guy. I don't care much for the price of these but I'm sure the painted pictures we'll get at Comic Con will make me ok with picking these up.

Now the only problem I forsee is what characters they'll choose. They can't possibly do them all so we'll likely only get around 8 if we're lucky.

Personally, I hope for these if we can't get them all:

Scorpion (already getting)
Sub-Zero
Reptile
Kitana
Mileena
Cyrax
Noob Saibot
Shao Khan

I can see them making:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Lui Kang
Raiden
Mileena
Johhny Cage
Shao Kahn
Sonya Blade

I think those are a big selection of main, repeating and likely characters right there. Other good choices would be:

Reptile
Jax
Kitana
Kano
Baraka

And if they really want to impress us, a Goro. I don't think Kintaro or Motaro are as popular, but would be equally impressive looking.

Based on the SF line, we could get all of main characters and proably a few of those lesser main characters. The SF line has had a pretty big selection of characters. But unlike SF, they really can't do lame color change variants with this line. Alternate costumes for MK are radically different usually and not just lame color swaps like MvsC3.

At over $300, I honestly see maybe them making aside from Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden and MAYBE Shao Kahn and Goro. Those are the most recognizable characters.

Tease from Jerry

Scorp_Output_Tease.jpg

looks great so far, very curious if the Sub Zero piece will be made to compliment it like a Dio.

I really hope this line continues...would love a Jade or Sonya...don't have too many butt-kickin' ladies in my collection...

details posted by Jerry......up on sideshow on 19th dunno if preview or preorder

regular

SRP $ 315usd
ES 700 pcs

exclusive

SRP $ 325usd
ES 300 pcs

Size: 16.5 x 25 x 11.5 inches

Ship: QTR 4 2011

Finally! Some legit MK stuff! I will for sure be pickin up the ex ina few days! Just hope SS isnt gonna have a high NRD for it.

Back