Statue Popculture Shock Legend Lord of Darkness Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already did. I sit on it every day too. Wanna come over and try it out? ;)

I think they only made one of these, you should buy it

hulk-bathroom-struggle.jpg

this is probably my most anticipated piece for next year (hopefully)

Guys.. I came across this picture of a damaged MK Sub-Zero statue and I was shocked that it was actually rotocast in this scale.

swu5x5.jpg

I asked Jerry from PCS if Lord of Darkness is being produced in solid polystone or rotocast, but haven't received his reply yet.

This statue deserves to be in solid polystone.. I hope that Jerry doesn't choose the opposite, trying to save some dough..

not sure why you would be surprised. That seems to be the way most companies are going these days...

Does rotocast make it more prone to breaking?
I think it means hollow statues. They make a shell mold and use that same mold to make the pieces as opposed to making a solid mold? Lol I'm assuming

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I know Sideshow's done that with the Rhino and Hulk statues. It definitely makes the statues feel lighter.

I think it means hollow statues. They make a shell mold and use that same mold to make the pieces as opposed to making a solid mold? Lol I'm assuming

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Does rotocast make it more prone to breaking?

Yes, because of the process, the material (polystone/resin) isn't always uniform in thickness.. the picture of the broken Sub-Zero is a good example.
On one side of the break you can tell that it's paper thin, the other side of the damage the material is much thicker.

Can you name a few companies that rotocast their 1/4 scale human character statue's ?

PCS, Sideshow. I had to destroy Dutch, was surprised to see it was hollow.
LoD might be roto, otherwise it will be very heavy. Some display shelves, cabinets, etc, will be challenged :)

This LOD is massive in person. Really catches your attention from afar.

PCS, Sideshow. I had to destroy Dutch, was surprised to see it was hollow.
LoD might be roto, otherwise it will be very heavy. Some display shelves, cabinets, etc, will be challenged :)

Back